CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

5 minutes into the beta... I broke the searching time, the lobby and the main menu.

Jesus Christ I suck.

10886113_10205567225878585_1814248782_o.

• Upvote (+1) 7

So far I've enjoyed myself with the beta.

-AR's and the SMG do seem a tad strong but atleast they're not useless like in other games.

-Sprint for me is only usefull right of spawn and after that I hardly ever use it, thruster seems fine.

-The Sword/Thruster/Sprint combo is pretty annoying.

-I like the rank system.

-Imo the maps aren't too big so I think no sprint increased movement speed should work fine, I would love it if they gave that a shot during beta.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Some people here really don't understand what a beta entails? haha wow.

Totally agree man. There's people who expect the game to be at 100%. It's a BETA it's supposed to be broken.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Welp... cant play this game when your box is hooked up to wireless connection.  

Get killed and end up sitting at black screen for 45 seconds.    Guess im screwed. 

That, or you walk into walls repeatedly. 

Totally agree man. There's people who expect the game to be at 100%. It's a BETA it's supposed to be broken.

When all you gotten is something that is crap followed by a game that is released completely broken, these are the types of comments you will be hearing from people.  Its pretty much a given and understandable. 

I'm having fun with the beta so far, I think as of now it definitely resembles halo, but there's still work to be done.

Anyone else having a hard time finding matches? I can find players but I keep getting kicked out with an error almost every time.

I'm having the same experience.

Just from playing 4 games or so it's clear to see this game is way more fun than Halo 4 and vanilla Halo 3. With a few tweaks to the gameplay, this could be a really solid competitive Halo game. Kill times are solid.

REMOVE SMART SCOPES. Especially for the magnum. Give the magnum a standard Halo pistol scope and extend the reticule red range and just with this change we have a beast of a game.

Remove flinch.

Sprint needs to go.

Being able to shoot whilst using thruster so it can be used in a more aggressive fashion ala Unreal Tournament.

Tone down the map scaling a little and boost the movement speed up a little.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sorry to hear people are having connection issues, but it has been flawless for me so far (on a wireless connection no less).

Also, enjoying the game. Yeah it's different but I am having fun. Best advice, don't go into it pissed off and with a shitty attitude. If you do that you are guaranteed to have a shitty experience.

It needs work of course, but people act like its the worst game ever and I just don't see it. Bunch of Drama queens if you ask me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just got home from work. Sitting here for 15 minutes. Too scared to hit search. I played the Reach beta and preordered Reach, H4, and MCC.. I'm terrified atm.

Welp... cant play this game when your box is hooked up to wireless connection.  

Get killed and end up sitting at black screen for 45 seconds.    Guess im screwed. 

That, or you walk into walls repeatedly. 

Sorry to say, i play on a wireless connection, and i only have had about 3 differen't times of 10second lag in my 3hours of playing.

Beta'a shouldn't be testing whether you are able to back out of a lobby. Or whether the kill cam works. It should be testing gameplay, server load, etc.

343 stated that the last phase they work on during the production cycle is the UI and menu. Honestly, this SHOULD be what's broken if anything.

Can you turn off vibration in this game? It is really annoying.

No. As of now, there is no way to turn off vibration.