CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Who's doing that?

You, Dev, and most recently Knightmaare.  Pretty consistently.  Dev defended their decision to remove Oddball for Christ's sake.  What Halo fan in their right mind would try to defend that horse shit. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The idea that people liking H5 makes them apologists is absurd what the fuck is this @

Really? That seems pretty much in-line with the definition of the term to me. From Oxford:

A person who offers an argument in defense of something controversial:
      'an enthusiastic apologist for fascism in the 1920s'

It even comes with a fitting example!  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

The way y'all use apologist is not like the classic definition. You're making them out to be people who defend shit decisions rather than people who just enjoy the game.

I despise this game on many levels and even I can recognize that

Pretty interesting...Could easily be a Focus Rifle as well. Either one would be kind of waste to add though.

Does that one spartan in the front have a regular plasma rifle?

You, Dev, and most recently Knightmaare.  Pretty consistently.  Dev defended their decision to remove Oddball for Christ's sake.  What Halo fan in their right mind would try to defend that horse shit. 

Bullshit.

Liking the game overall and defending aspects of it does not mean we think the game is perfect and defend everything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm hoping to move this damn thread to page 4921, so my chrome browser on my tablet stops crashing from the gigantic gifs. Thanks a lot, selfish idiots!

Edit: phew, made it! :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

The way y'all use apologist is not like the classic definition. You're making them out to be people who defend shit decisions rather than people who just enjoy the game.

I despise this game on many levels and even I can recognize that

I do not type their posts for them.  They do that all on their own.  I'm not making them out to be anything, their posts do it for them.  Do we need to come up with a more politically correct term then apologist?  I am just calling the kettle a kettle. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I do not type their posts for them.  They do that all on their own.  I'm not making them out to be anything, their posts do it for them.  Do we need to come up with a more politically correct term then apologist?  I am just calling the kettle a kettle.

Nah, what you need to do is stop implying these guys are trying to suck off 343 at every opportunity because - surprise - there's this thing called a different opinion

The idea that being politically incorrect is the same as being a jackass is just stupid

• Upvote (+1) 5

Bullshit.

Liking the game overall and defending aspects of it does not mean we think the game is perfect and defend everything.

I've read a LOT of your posts, and I honestly can't recall any that ever criticized an aspect of the game.  I do recall, however, many, many posts countering ideas and complaints of people who do critique the game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Me 2

So there's an uncommon helmet that I can't seem to unlock through a pack. It's called DYNAST Cincindel. Is this some sort of challenge armor or something?

Nah, what you need to do is stop implying these guys are trying to suck off 343 at every opportunity because - surprise - there's this thing called a different opinion

The idea that being politically incorrect is the same as being a jackass is just stupid

And every time someone with a "different opinion" then theirs comes along and critiques the game in the form of a complaint or proposal of a different option, guess who is there to debate it?  But instead of debating with logic, its driven by a blind, biased denial that the game is great and nothing should change.  That's pretty aggravating for someone who wants to discuss the issues.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

And every time someone with a "different opinion" then theirs comes along and critiques the game in the form of a complaint or proposal of a different option, guess who is there to debate it?  But instead of debating with logic, its driven by a blind, biased denial that the game is great and nothing should change.  That's pretty aggravating for someone who wants to discuss the issues.

I agree 100%

But I do NOT see this out of these guys. Do I disagree with them? Yeah you bet your ass I do, but that doesn't mean they're shills or that they're being in denial. Just because me and you hate that Oddball isn't in MM or in HCS doesn't make anyone who disagrees a shill or blind. THAT mischaracterization is aggravating.

Oddball is in the game, it doesn't play all that great. Dev dislikes plenty of things about this game, as I'm sure everyone in this thread does. The difference is that there are a small group of people who enjoy the game and don't just blindly hate everything about Halo 5.

Motion sensor sucks, power weapons are pretty easy to use, and the pistol is weaker compared to the rest of the sandbox (especially autos) than I'd like, but I'd still rate H5 pretty highly on my "favorite Halo games" list.

By all means make your complaints heard, but there's no reason you have to go attacking people who disagree with them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So there's an uncommon helmet that I can't seem to unlock through a pack. It's called DYNAST Cincindel. Is this some sort of challenge armor or something?

Nope. You get the helmet in REQS

Nah. They're more like "Damn it's hot out here, but I don't want to be inside. What can I do to be outside, but still cool off? Oh, I know, I'll go to the pool." The waypoint kids are the ones that you're describing.

Dude you gotta change that sig. Tracer is the most annoying character ever, in-game and out. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know what's truly aggravating? People who just complain non-stop. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dude you gotta change that sig. Tracer is the most annoying character ever, in-game and out. 

Less annoying than Mei.

Oddball is in the game, it doesn't play all that great. Dev dislikes plenty of things about this game, as I'm sure everyone in this thread does. The difference is that there are a small group of people who enjoy the game and don't just blindly hate everything about Halo 5.

Motion sensor sucks, power weapons are pretty easy to use, and the pistol is weaker compared to the rest of the sandbox (especially autos) than I'd like, but I'd still rate H5 pretty highly on my "favorite Halo games" list.

By all means make your complaints heard, but there's no reason you have to go attacking people who disagree with them.

I was about to say... if anyone KNOWS me, they have no fucking clue about the lengths I go to when I disagree with something.

Hold on, I have to drop the "Dev is 343 shill confirmed evidence." 

lZkFY8l.jpg?1

I can't with this forum... :simms:

Tracer is my waifu tho.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Also I like how my post was deleted. Why?

You know what's truly aggravating? People who just complain non-stop. 

Obviously you don't know my posts very well because that is not all I do.  I made many other contributions to this thread that didn't include complaining.   I can get heated though when people hit sore spots like Oddball, poor map design, yada yada.   This is all over me taking an analogy too far.   It was meant to be a joke, not an attack.   Sometimes my sarcasm can be a little too esoteric and misunderstood.   Sorry guys if I offended you.   If Dev, Meanbean, and Knightmaare are oompa loompas, then I must be albino.   

powder-03-211x300.jpg

powder-03-211x300.jpg

OMG Powder, what a strange reference lol. 

Edit: I think that movie came out before most people in here were born.