CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You say that like they intend to leave it like that at launch. All of Halo 5 is being done in-house.

MCC was primarily outsourced, hence why it's a broken mess.

Looking at Halo 4 the only huge issue was the fact the file browser was fucked until February. Everything else worked, or worked good enough that you could play the game without needing to quit to the dashboard every few games.

Holy hell man, usually I just ignore your posts but it's too much, I am pretty sure 343 could come to your house and shoot your dog and you'd be making an excuse for them. The fact that they outsourced the game in the first place reflects extremely poorly on their decision making skills, and then the fact that they outsourced without doing homework to see whether or not the people who would be working on the game were competent or not, and not checking up on them makes them seem incompetent. If you think outsourcing is an automatic absolution of any sort of fault, see what happens if you poorly outsource employees in the real world. Do you think Microsoft wouldn't get in trouble if they outsourced Q&A to India and the outsources were stealing people's information when people were calling the Microsoft help line? Hell no, they would first of all get sued, secondly the guy who made the judgement call to outsource to those guys would get canned so fast he wouldn't even know what hit him.

They are a game company, with multi-million dollar IP, and they can get basic things down. It's like putting a chef into a five star restaurant if he can't make chicken noodle soup.

This website is full of absolute mongs, you are consistently getting burned by the same people but not only are you excited for their next below average product, you are hyped for it and still fans of the company that is kicking you in the balls over and over.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Low aim assist is nice, too.

Can someone please tell me why people think there is low aim assist. Are you just regurgitating what a couple of pros have said? Halo 5 has by far the most aim assist out of any halo game. Don't even need to aim with the ar. It's riduclous

• Downvote (-1) 3

I think everyone complaining about the AR needs to realize you plain won't need to deal with it in competitive play

When the BR starts kick in, if it's BR+AR instead of BR+Pistol, just ask them to change it

Can someone please tell me why people think there is low aim assist. Are you just regurgitating what a couple of pros have said? Halo 5 has by far the most aim assist out of any halo game. Don't even need to aim with the ar. It's riduclous

Relating to precision weapons, especially Magnum.

• Upvote (+1) 1

AR and Flinch is probably the most annoying thing in the game atm for me. I don't use sprint much. I rather parkour around the map with clamber and thruster. I am enjoying both more than I thought I would. At least clamber more than I thought I would 

currently downloading add me MindfulMixing also for MCC which oddly enough the only problem i have is the rare case of un even teams

Holy hell man, usually I just ignore your posts but it's too much, I am pretty sure 343 could come to your house and shoot your dog and you'd be making an excuse for them. The fact that they outsourced the game in the first place reflects extremely poorly on their decision making skills, and then the fact that they outsourced without doing homework to see whether or not the people who would be working on the game were competent or not, and not checking up on them makes them seem incompetent. If you think outsourcing is an automatic absolution of any sort of fault, see what happens if you poorly outsource employees in the real world. Do you think Microsoft wouldn't get in trouble if they outsourced Q&A to India and the outsources were stealing people's information when people were calling the Microsoft help line? Hell no, they would first of all get sued, secondly the guy who made the judgement call to outsource to those guys would get canned so fast he wouldn't even know what hit him.

They are a game company, with multi-million dollar IP, and they can get basic things down. It's like putting a chef into a five star restaurant if he can't make chicken noodle soup.

This website is full of absolute mongs, you are consistently getting burned by the same people but not only are you excited for their next below average product, you are hyped for it and still fans of the company that is kicking you in the balls over and over.

Or you know, I'm not silly enough to compare a completely outsourced game to a full in-house game.

But hey, whatever. I'll just invite them over to shoot my dog and kiss their ass while I'm at it.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The assault rifle and SMG need to be nerfed to the ground so that people who want better kill times actually need to move their right stick to do so by using: Battle Rifles or DMR's.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

lol sniper is disgusting. As in, i dont even pick it up because its awful. The scope is terrible and it might be the slowest sniper in Halo to date?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When I say low aim assist, I'm comparing it to Halo 4, to be honest.  You can't have the motor skills of a slug and use the precisions, so it's a step in the right direction. You can, however, if you're using the AR. Seriously fuck the AR in this game.

Pro is the top 200 players, If someone gets more points then you, even if you went up its possible to lose your spot in it.

example.

Top rated player is 3000

Lowest rated "Pro" player is 1920

Someone in Semi-Pro with 1915 points plays a game with that lowest rated player on the same team. They win, the pro gains 13 points, the semi-pro gains 20 points, then end result is the Pro with 1933 and the semi-pro with 1935, so the pro loses his spot to the semi-pro.

Thanks for clearing it up. Aiming for that Pro spot!

Does no one else find the lighting/visuals on Truth to be entirely too much? I can't put my finger on it, but overall there's just way too much visual noise, and at times it gets so distracting to the point where it interferes with gameplay. At least to me it does. And picking up the Bane - I can't even focus on half of my screen. I suppose that extra "glow" is their way of attempting to balance the bane, but I just find it downright aggravating. Which leads me to my next point..

I've felt the same way about the lighting. I can't figure out quite what it is about the lighting, but it almost seems like ambient lights are a little too bright. Almost like you're looking at a streetlight at nighttime. I feel like I am squinting at the screen because the lights and the reflections off pretty shiny textures is just too much.

I thought CoDs lag compensation was bad... I have died behind walls so many times. I'm trying to give this a fair shake but it is not Halo.

I'm impressed noone really cares about Ground Pound, I think it is kind of OP. Specially the radius, doesn't have to be direct hit if the enemy is weak. If the person has full shields, you can take the opponent one shot.

i'm sick of getting sniped acoss the map with those fucking automatic weapons. Which genius thought it was a great idea to make the AR and SMG so fucking strong? almost all my deaths come from me almost about to kill someone then I get AR'd in the back from someone across the map in "smart scope"....shit is annoying. These scrubs have radar and sprint, how much easier can one make the beta for them?

First game... 18 and 7. Game's fun as hell!

will it be just as fun if you went 7 and 18?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm impressed noone really cares about Ground Pound, I think it is kind of OP. Specially the radius, doesn't have to be direct hit if the enemy is weak. If the person has full shields, you can take the opponent one shot.

It's hard to hit though. If you go against good people, it won't be that effective.

It's a high risk-high reward thing, and it isn't easy to hit.

When I say low aim assist, I'm comparing it to Halo 4, to be honest.  You can't have the motor skills of a slug and use the precisions, so it's a step in the right direction. You can, however, if you're using the AR. Seriously fuck the AR in this game.

I agree.

The assault rifle and SMG need to be nerfed to the ground so that people who want better kill times actually need to move their right stick to do so by using: Battle Rifles or DMR's.

I think the AR just needs to have its accuracy/range lowered, and the SMG needs a nerf.

Precision weapons have low aim assist.

I played a few games this morning and I feel pretty much how I thought I would.  The Halo experience felt forced.  If the sandbox was anything but classic Halo weapons, I don't think I'd be able to tell that it was a Halo game.  That makes me sad :(

Sprint - I mainly found myself using it just to get to battles faster.  The shield delay is a nice touch I guess but it doesn't change the fact that people can still sprint away when they are weak and you will usually end up getting punished by the rest of their team if you try to chase down and clean up your kill.  That shouldn't happen when you were winning your individual gun fight.  Compared to H2A, I also feel slow when I'm not sprinting.  Removing sprint and increasing base speed is an obvious fix, but it won't happen.

Smart Scope- It's whatever.  I don't mind the aesthetic change but for the love of God the sniper scope needs to go back to how it was; no ADS crap.  Quickscoping is almost impossible now, making clutch snipes that much harder.

Weapons -  I thought the weapons felt pretty nice.  AR is definitely too strong, especially with the scope.  AR should lose to an SMG up close and lose to a BR anywhere around mid range.  SMG should get a range nerf.  Sniper, aside from the scoping, felt pretty nice.  Though I did get a few "headshots" that I didn't deserve.  Low aim assist is nice, but that gives even more of an advantage to the automatics.  Nades felt pretty good, but I do agree with what someone else said that it is hard to tell where they are landing.  Not sure why that is.

Clamber - Not totally against it.  Felt pretty natural, but I think the base jump height should be increased.  Jumping in Halo was a skill in itself and clamber takes away from that a bit.

Ground Pound/Spartan Charge - Stupid.  Never attempted either.  Got killed by a charge a few times and it is basically like the Reach double melee or commando in MW2: a crutch for people who can't shoot.  Crouch jumping was a HUGE part of Halo and ground pound interferes with that.  If they really want to keep ground pound, maybe make it hold or double tap melee while in the air, then crouch jumping can still exist.

Oh, and I just played CoD: AW for the first time yesterday.  Clamber, thruster, and ground pound are in that game too.  ..The hell 343?

Thruster - Actually not too against this.  Didn't feel too overpowered to me.  I made some nice thruster plays and didn't really feel cheated if someone used it against me.  

Flinch - GTFO

Other than that, I didn't totally hate it.  Midship felt a little to big, the other map seemed ok.  Maybe a little too much geometry like someone said.  TOO MANY MEDALS.  Not a bad game but not really a Halo game.  

• Upvote (+1) 5

Never played halo 2, Halo2A or halo 4 then? I know it is cool to hate on the game and all but if you think this has by far the most aim assist then you need to play more halo.

Two things I haven't really seen brought up much:

• Does no one else find the lighting/visuals on Truth to be entirely too much? I can't put my finger on it, but overall there's just way too much visual noise, and at times it gets so distracting to the point where it interferes with gameplay. At least to me it does. And picking up the Bane - I can't even focus on half of my screen. I suppose that extra "glow" is their way of attempting to balance the bane, but I just find it downright aggravating. Which leads me to my next point..
  • The Bane on Truth has got to go, it's an absolute mess. I honestly think this is the worst possible choice of a power weapon for Truth. Back in Halo 2, the sword worked on Midship because 1) there was no sprint/thruster, and 2) the sword didn't have a fucking speed boost attached with it. But now, the super pro mlg kiddies can just sprint and thrust around the map at warp speed, popping out of corners and racking up a ludicrous amount of kills.

sprint+thrust+Bane/Sword is absolutely terrible. Again, how much easier can one make the game for players? How do you test this game pre-beta and not see how fucking silly this combo is? It's beyond OP. I've died to it and i've abused it myself, it's not fun either way. Sprint is the absolute worst thing they could add to this franchise...good lord.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Honestly though my first game was found in less than 5 seconds, and didn't have any crashes or gameplay problems. Played flawlessly.

I just feel like Spartans move around like they're socializing through a ballroom when not sprinting. It's dumb. They should be sprinting ALL the time, all while aiming/able to shoot. That's what makes them SUPER soldiers. This power-walking bullshit needs to go, and so does having to press a button to sprint.

I like everything else though.

It's funny when a beta for a game that's still almost a year away from release works better than a game that supposed to be launch ready (MCC).