CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Is it just me, or do you think there's an overabundance of armor and helmets? I feel like they didn't need to put that many in the game and it's such a chore to unlock them all.

Yes.

Doom in contrast is a good example of less being more. It has less armor sets than Halo 5, but because of the customization options in that game, you actually end up having more to work with.

Fewer armor sets with more customization options > 200+ armor sets with minimal customization options.

All day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not

I said possibly the last one to address problems with the game's casual side. Not last update in general.

I just want an FFA playlist that's pistols only man. No need for party restrictions (since they are obviously never happening) and no need for 343 to rebalance the weapons (since this is obviously never happening). Precision weapon Halo is what I love, not this.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I just want an FFA playlist that's pistols only man. No need for party restrictions (since they are obviously never happening) and no need for 343 to rebalance the weapons (since this is obviously never happening). Precision weapon Halo is what I love, not this.

I would really like that. I'd even play a Halo 2 BR start FFA playlist for nostalgia's sake.

If you're unwilling to hear the opinions of people outside of your comfort zone, then yes, it is a circle jerk.

Well, I appreciate that you have my post quoted for posterity, but inside of it was a point I was making: people of all kinds are being asked to come into playtesting sessions to give immediate feedback, and said maps then get retested when submitted with changes. 

So, come over on the weekends. Find Xdemption's thread at  http://www.forgehub.com/threads/into-the-forge-4v4-testing-with-xdemption.151643/unread and participate. And, Demption is only one of several that run regular playtesting and feedback sessions. Be part of the solution. I have a funny feeling you would even have a fun time while doing it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it just me, or do you think there's an overabundance of armor and helmets? I feel like they didn't need to put that many in the game and it's such a chore to unlock them all.

I dont really care that there are 100,003 armor pieces.....

except when it makes me scroll ALL the way to the right to get to the ones you care even a little about..

I'm not sure if the armor designs will change for the better at this point. They seem to be stuck in a never ending cycle of just releasing the same shit with a few extra paint stripes just to bloat the REQ system. So many of the sets are so similar its as if they went through a furnace and melted in similar fashions.

It's been so many years since H4 and they still refuse to make the undersuits black or give them a color option. Most of their re imagined sets were butchered, and nearly all sets suffer from droopy shoulder pads that don't actually cover the shoulder.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do we know whether 343 is going to continue their sustain plan after the June update? I seem to remember confirmation that they were but I can't find it anywhere... 

I'm not sure if the armor designs will change for the better at this point. They seem to be stuck in a never ending cycle of just releasing the same shit with a few extra paint stripes just to bloat the REQ system. So many of the sets are so similar its as if they went through a furnace and melted in similar fashions.

It's been so many years since H4 and they still refuse to make the undersuits black or give them a color option. Most of their re imagined sets were butchered, and nearly all sets suffer from droopy shoulder pads that don't actually cover the shoulder.

The biggest problem I have (aside from the actual armor of course) is that the armor comes with preset colors on it. So I can find the sexiest armor, but it'll have a yellow stripe down the middle that doesn't match at all. Or the effing white stripes that are on everything.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Hey buddy, I heard you like visual noise. So we put more visual noise in your visual noise.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

The biggest problem I have (aside from the actual armor of course) is that the armor comes with preset colors on it. So I can find the sexiest armor, but it'll have a yellow stripe down the middle that doesn't match at all. Or the effing white stripes that are on everything.

Or how some of them make the secondary color a darker shade for whatever reason.

As @ said, Doom got it right. Have distinct armor pieces, and then let us choose the colors and patterns we want. I'd also suggest they find some way of getting the custom colors into team games. Like how Halo 2 made your primary color show as your secondary color when you were in a team mode, for example.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So what does June even mean for Halo 5, then?

You know what, I honestly have no clue. Many YouTubers reported the next update as if it was the last one.

My curiosity, primarily, lies in why 343 had advertised H5's post-launch content update support as if it ended by the end of June (up until Frankie's NeoGAF response saying otherwise). Why not publicly confirm that support for Halo 5 will run after June during, I don't know, E3? Also, it seemed even more like they were done with H5 post-June when 343i stated that this upcoming update will be the biggest one, yet. In my opinion, this situation just adds to 343's history of poor communication to the fans when it comes to understading their actions with the direction of the franchise.

Also, have they announced a release date for the June update yet, either?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Or how some of them make the secondary color a darker shade for whatever reason.

As @ said, Doom got it right. Have distinct armor pieces, and then let us choose the colors and patterns we want. I'd also suggest they find some way of getting the custom colors into team games. Like how Halo 2 made your primary color show as your secondary color when you were in a team mode, for example.

Your overall idea of player-driven pattern customization is a feature I have stressed heavily to members on Waypoint in the past, but some of them didn't truly understand the concept much. To be clear, I do agree with it, though.

Going off of that concept, what happened to having our emblem stamped on the shoulder of our player model? Even though it was such a minute inclusion of deatil, it was something I found to be unique as well as another way to make your player more personalized. Also, I've always thought the fact we could customize the color of our Spartans has been rendered useless in H5, considering we can't view other players' Spartan in pre-game lobbies or have it be a factor in the modes most people play in-- those that are team-based.

The H2 idea of having OUR personalized Primary Spartan Color shown in team modes as the Secondary color is definitely a logical alteration that I predict would extend the purpose in customizing your Spartan.

At that point, though, I'd like to suggest, would having the vice versa of the previous idea (meaning that, in team modes, our personalized Primary color remains as our primary color, and the our secondary portion is automatically set to the designated team color) be a viable option, similar to the way Destiny showcases player models in team modes? Of course, a notion similar to this would be a secondary-thought once we have a true 'Halo' game in the design department. However it is something I've questioned when implementing it into Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Well, it's not even just that. It's the fact that you can mix, and match different pieces of armor sets.

Just for example.

Game A has 100 armor sets, yet you can only mix and match the helmet, and full body set.

Game B only has 30 armor sets, yet they are very varied from one another, and you can mix and match the helmet, torso, left arm, right arm, and legs.....

You tell me which has more customization variation? You tell me which gives players more control? You tell me which makes players more distinguished? And finally you tell me which game had the developers toil away longer to make their respective armor sets.

Minimal input, maximum output. Beautiful.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Anyone that has had this problem before? I turn on my xbox one and I can see my friends online (Like I was online), however I still get the option to connect to the internet (So I am not really online). When I try to connect to the internet it won't let me. 

@xboxdigger94 have you updated to the latest preview dashboard (the one with cortana)? That started happening to me after that update. I let it sit for a few moments and it usually connects.

2016 and we still have to lurk Neogaf to find out what 343i is planning to release #soon. Their community interaction is a joke

i doubt he'll come back here though, he can be answering a hundred normal questions, see one insult and then flip out and leave.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

You know what, I honestly have no clue. Many YouTubers reported the next update as if it was the last one.

My curiosity, primarily, lies in why 343 had advertised H5's post-launch content update support as if it ended by the end of June (up until Frankie's NeoGAF response saying otherwise). Why not publicly confirm that support for Halo 5 will run after June during, I don't know, E3? Also, it seemed even more like they were done with H5 post-June when 343i stated that this upcoming update will be the biggest one, yet. In my opinion, this situation just adds to 343's history of poor communication to the fans when it comes to understading their actions with the direction of the franchise.

Also, have they announced a release date for the June update yet, either?

They announced all of their stuff up until June because legally they only could talk about those updates. I can get you what was actually said when I find it or someone can mention it if they remember.

The reason I see this being the biggest update yet is I can honestly see them taking a month or 2 break to gather themselves and relax from the crunch they've been doing and focus mainly on fixes and improvements for a bit.

• Upvote (+1) 1