CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

-Im having fun honestly, definitely would prefer that AR starts were gone because that thing is just ridiculous. 

-Dont mind the sprint surprisingly because im terrified of using it, sometimes things just get fucking hectic  though, I think id still like increased movement speed and no sprint.

-I also hate the stupid vibration in my trigger, it feels like i'm getting punched in the chest when getting sprayed...oh wait thats flinch and it can die

-Also really dont understand how with an 8.6 K/D/A ratio and winning 9 out of 10 games im at onyx 1, I guess I shouldnt complain but still.... im playing alone here.

P.S magnum is useless

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can start sprinting again the second your shields start coming back up. It's far from useless.

I die the majority of time I try to sprint away. I find its better not to sprint while weak.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What really annoys me is the lack of custom layouts.  AAA titles and we can't even choose where to set the buttons.  I always use default and having melee at RB and grenades at LB is really screwing with me and uncomfortable.  I try to melee someone and I just end up thrusting into them

Just got a Perfection even after dying from an enemy. 

Kept my sprees and everything.

My friend said had the same thing happen. 

He got a killing frenzy through death. 

-Im having fun honestly, definitely would prefer that AR starts were gone because that thing is just ridiculous. 

-Dont mind the sprint surprisingly because im terrified of using it, sometimes things just get fucking hectic  though, I think id still like increased movement speed and no sprint.

-I also hate the stupid vibration in my trigger, it feels like i'm getting punched in the chest when getting sprayed and I have the magnum out.

-Also really dont understand how with an 8.6 K/D/A ratio and winning 9 out of 10 games im at onyx 1, I guess I shouldnt complain but still.... im playing alone here.

P.S magnum is useless

Magnum is a beast man. It isn't good for long range but it can destroy everything close range except the SAW I mean AR/SMG

The game is really fun. I'm surprised. However, the AA's and Sprint all seem forced and really unnecessary IMO. Wish they would remove them. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So I had a question. When the rating number goes up is that good or bad? Because I had a 1560 rating and it was pro, but then my rating goes to 1570 and now I am Semi Pro. Is that how the matchmaking ranks goes?

Pro is the top 200 players, If someone gets more points then you, even if you went up its possible to lose your spot in it.

example.

Top rated player is 3000

Lowest rated "Pro" player is 1920

Someone in Semi-Pro with 1915 points plays a game with that lowest rated player on the same team. They win, the pro gains 13 points, the semi-pro gains 20 points, then end result is the Pro with 1933 and the semi-pro with 1935, so the pro loses his spot to the semi-pro.

My friend said had the same thing happen. 

He got a killing frenzy through death. 

Magnum is a beast man. It isn't good for long range but it can destroy everything close range except the SAW I mean AR/SMG

Honestly im probably just getting wrecked by the flinch when I use it, I cant lie that I dont love it.

I don't think someone should be able to join my game and start searching while I am at the main menu.

The first time I loaded up the beta I sat at the main menu and looked around at controller layouts and options, and in the meantime a friend joined and started searching in matchmaking. I was browsing button layouts, and then all the sudden my screen changed to the Truth overview before a game started. I put in a mic and asked if he joined me at the menu and hit start, and he confirmed it.

My very first impression from my very first game is that this game is dumb. AR is pretty much a power weapon with the flinch that it causes and the game just feels clunky like H3, Reach, and H4 did. It doesn't have that smooth feeling that H1 and H2 had.

Two things I haven't really seen brought up much:

• Does no one else find the lighting/visuals on Truth to be entirely too much? I can't put my finger on it, but overall there's just way too much visual noise, and at times it gets so distracting to the point where it interferes with gameplay. At least to me it does. And picking up the Bane - I can't even focus on half of my screen. I suppose that extra "glow" is their way of attempting to balance the bane, but I just find it downright aggravating. Which leads me to my next point..
  • The Bane on Truth has got to go, it's an absolute mess. I honestly think this is the worst possible choice of a power weapon for Truth. Back in Halo 2, the sword worked on Midship because 1) there was no sprint/thruster, and 2) the sword didn't have a fucking speed boost attached with it. But now, the super pro mlg kiddies can just sprint and thrust around the map at warp speed, popping out of corners and racking up a ludicrous amount of kills.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

The AR needs to be nerfed ASAP. I'm not exaggerating when I say the AR can be used at any range on Empire. Truth, not so much, but still very OP. Plus, the idea of a headshot bonus on autos is totally ridiculous. It pretty much makes close range encounters random because of the spread. If they're not going to nerf the AR, at least remove the headshot bonus.

That's probably my biggest complaint right now...except for sprint. Fuckin' sprint...After using thruster+sprint to escape a ton of encounters, I can honestly say there's no reason why it should be kept, and the game would play much better if it was just gone. Half of the time it's useless, and half of the time it's a complete pissoff. Somebody please point me to that huge crowd of people that refuse to play Halo without sprint and its...immersiveness.

Overall, thought, I'm hating less things than I thought I would. Totally didn't expect that. I don't really have a problem with the abilities. Low aim assist is nice, too.

Played a few matches and I am enjoying it so far. Only gripe right now is controller layouts. I wish they would just let us map controls in any way we please.

Sprint is basically useless, there is a noticeable delay before you can sprint again if you get shot. Also the shield recharge delay can really screw you over if you try to run away. It's not game breaking in this game like it was in Halo 4, but IMO there is no use for it other than to traverse large maps. I would like to see it taken out of Arena style MP, and left in for BTB. 

• Upvote (+1) 3