CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Understandable, but basic lobby function should be one of the first things to work on. There's no point in building a game if you can't navigate around it without quitting the build every 5 minutes.

You say that like they intend to leave it like that at launch. All of Halo 5 is being done in-house.

MCC was primarily outsourced, hence why it's a broken mess.

Looking at Halo 4 the only huge issue was the fact the file browser was fucked until February. Everything else worked, or worked good enough that you could play the game without needing to quit to the dashboard every few games.

I can't play with vibration... Why 343 :( please just give me no vibration. Don't wanna play 2 weeks of this with it, my aim is all over with it. Srs thinking about taking my controler apart.

These fucking ARs! For the love of God, who decided they should be this effective. There is literally almost no reason to pick up a precision weapon.

That's the feeling I am getting. Just played a match where the entire team was hiding with ARs. We barely won, it was very frustarting because the BR and DMR cannot compete with the AR. Even at medium range it shreds. First thing to fix IMO.

You say that like they intend to leave it like that at launch. All of Halo 5 is being done in-house.

Am I being unreasonable for expecting to have the ability to back out of searching and return to the lobby? I get that it's a Beta but navigating the menus shouldn't be an ordeal.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Can I turn ground pound off? I've died a few times because of accidentally keeping my finger on the LB button once I've jumped

Bump Jumper here and I can attest to this issue as well. It happens a lot...

Am I being unreasonable for expecting to have the ability to back out of searching and return to the lobby? I get that it's a Beta but navigating the menus shouldn't be an ordeal.

No, you're not but come on, it is literally a beta. 

Heck, in The Sprint they said the UI was usually the last thing they work on. I wouldn't be surprised if it changed hugely from now until launch in terms of looks and functionality.

Which is why it is even more disheartening that basic functionality isn't there. Remember, halo 5 originally was supposed to be released in 2014.

There just seems to be a lack of detail for quality here. And if the small portion of what they've shown is filled with bugs, then I'm worried for the full game that isn't "tested".

You know you're in trouble when the total of your teammate's KDR in the game doesn't total 1....

• Upvote (+1) 2

I honestly don't find this game enjoyable. The AR's are just melting me at any range lol. Maybe when my friends get on it will be better but right now I just can't take this game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sprinting is pointless, your shields come back really fast if you don't sprint.

Love how grenades throw spartan has an arm again

Sprint may be pointless for escape but it has real value traversing the large maps.

Oh wait...

• Upvote (+1) 1

After playing almost 20 games I can't say I like much. If things remain the way they are I'm certainly not going to be buying this game. Everything just feels limited with there being delay on nearly everything you do, it doesn't feel smooth like previous Halo games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

These are my initial thoughts after playing a few games and will be updated more thoroughly after playing more:

Abilities:

Sprint:

• While I dislike sprint, and believe it should be removed from halo, what I have noticed is that you die QUICK if you use it now. The only times that I used it were when I knew no enemies were around, and amusingly I had the least amount of deaths both games. Edit: It just needs to go. Starting to get irritating just like it was in H4 and makes me want to go back to MCC instead.  Remove, Increase base movement and FoV. 

Ground Pound: 

• Frustrating to not be able to crouch jump because of this. 

Thruster:

• I like it, the range at the moment doesn't seem as far as it was in the early access beta, but I could be wrong. I was using it more to get away from nades and escape though, which is slightly a problem. I believe it should be changed to first person, and let us use it as a secondary strafe. Will have more thoughts on it later.

Clamber:

•  I don't believe it's totally bad, I used it maybe all of 4 times in 2 games.

Charge:

• Super cheap and needs to go. Just frustrating. 

Smartscope:

• The only weapons I really disliked it on were the autos, the sniper and the DMR. Delay along with the scopes for those ones are jarring. Definitely feel like sniper is more of a risk with it, compared to being a reward. 

Weapons:

• Sniper Rifle: Rate of fire needs to be adjusted higher.

• Precision weapons: All felt decently hard to aim, especially the pistol. I believe the pistol should have it moved down to a 3sk, even if it stays the same 1 second kill time, just to give us more ammo in each clip for it to kill with. Scope should also be adjusted to a higher scope imo with how hard it is to use. Battle Riffle & DMR Felt good though.

• Autos: Way too powerful at the moment, especially with smart scope. Definitely need to be toned down midrange. Spread is too tightened scoped in. 

• Flinch: Why is this in game? I thought it was being removed. Really irritating and isn't needed when we have descope.

Maps:

• Initial thoughts are that both maps seem decently competitive. Though on midship it was a little confusing on whether I was on pink tower or carbine the first time playing it. Definitely feels like you need higher ground on Empire(?). 
  • I like the fact that there are a lot of BR's and DMR's on map as pickups. In the older halos it did feel like there weren't that many, so it does make AR starts not seem nearly as bad imo.
  • Disliking how stretched truth feels compared to midship. 

Medals:

• There are too many imo, announcer should only announce the important ones. Announcer voice is really irritating too. 

Spartan Callouts:

• Honestly don't really notice them unless i'm dead, but I'm sure they'll be useful for some, and annoying for others.

Melee: 

• There definitely needs to be bleedthrough

Like I said, these are initial thoughts, and this will be added to.

... The MCC was excused, ...

Not by a country mile. You can't excuse intentional misrepresentation.

It's broken... Still... And 343 still has it on the shelves at GameStop today.

Don't tell me this is the game industry. It isn't any kind of business practice I would be part of.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm having difficulty finding games. The other team in the lobby starts with 4 players, drops 2, and then searches indefinitely.

So I had a question. When the rating number goes up is that good or bad? Because I had a 1560 rating and it was pro, but then my rating goes to 1570 and now I am Semi Pro. Is that how the matchmaking ranks goes?

If you lose, it seems like you go down no matter how you do.

Which makes every game having teammates who go -13 pretty obnoxious towards being ranked appropriately.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you lose, it seems like you go down no matter how you do.

Which makes every game having teammates who go -13 pretty obnoxious towards being ranked appropriately.

What's worse is the game will constantly kick my friend from the lobby, so I have to go solo most of the time.

AR definitely needs to be toned down imo. Also sniper needs to be a lot quicker to zoom in after unscoping/YY'ing.

Not by a country mile. You can't excuse intentional misrepresentation.

It's broken... Still... And 343 still has it on the shelves at GameStop today.

Don't tell me this is the game industry. It isn't any kind of business practice I would be part of.

I meant excused in terms of not fully representing 343i because it wasn't really theirs.

Just got a Perfection even after dying from an enemy. 

Kept my sprees and everything.

• Upvote (+1) 1