CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You seriously misunderstand the whole point of this beta.

I don't know. Backing out is a pretty basic thing, they seem to have a hard time figuring it out seeing as how MCC still suffers from this problem.

1. We were told was put into Halo 5 to control sprint was that when your shields were down and you tried to sprint your health would not regenerate until you stopped sprinting.

As is right now in the beta as soon as your health is coming back as in even when you anticipate it coming back you can start sprinting a little preemptively and your shields will still go up and you can get away.

2. The thrust pack needs to be nerfed because people are not only getting out of bad plays and bad situations with the combination of sprint/thrust but people are avoiding nades with it as well because their isn't a huge time gap in between when you can use thrust pack again. Maybe it needs to have a bigger gap of time in between when you can use it back to back

That is not stuff they always can test inside. In the company only x amount of games are played. Now there are so many games played what makes the change of these bug happening much and much larger.

This kind of stuff is a part of a beta

Backing out of a lobby once the match has ended isn't something that takes millions of players to test. Neither is mic icons, UI elements, kill cams, etc.

If it was something like a superbounce I'd agree with you.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

? My point is that this is stuff they should be able to see internally. Just like whether someone has their Mic plugged in. It looks rushed just like the MCC.

The game doesn't come out for a bloody year, we're testing literally everything - not just gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I only played 4 games, but there's a lot to get used to.

I tried sprinting with the sword and felt like I couldn't control myself because you move so fast. It also feels like you're running on ice with it.

I totally forgot ground pound was a thing and never used it (accidental or not). I'm loving the hover while ADS. Even in just a couple games I had a few moments where jumping from behind cover and using it to hover for just an extra second and get another shot off was extremely useful. I used it way more on empire, and especially near the outside sniper with those round pieces of cover from each base.

The FOV reminds me of Reach...everyone looks so small and short even from a mid-range distance. As a whole the game reminds me of Reach if I had to compare it to a previous title.

BR>>>>DMR. The only success I had with the DMR was just ignoring the scope and hip firing. Both guns are very easy to use out of scope.

Honestly, sprint doesn't seem that game-breaking. I think this could be a very fun game.

Not going to pre-order.

I advise everyone to do the same.

After MCC I'm never pre-ordering a game ever again.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is it possible to turn off the killcam and this fucking death music? It's annoying as hell.

Nope.

Nosku is right. These options were available in the Halo 3 and Halo: Reach Betas. There is no excuse as to why another 343 title is lacking severe options when it comes to lobbies and UI beta or not.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The game doesn't come out for a bloody year, we're testing literally everything - not just gameplay.

If MCC works by November 2015, and I mean 100%, ranks, parties, no freezes, lag, stats, game saves, etc. I may have half of the confidence you have.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I clearly need to figure out how to play differently.

Put me on Truth and I go 20-5 and can maybe carry my team to a win

Put me on Empire and I go 12-13

I love the cross-map shooting mechanics, but I'm not enjoying close range battles at all.

Forgive me if I'm bursting your positive bubble, but I'm tired of all the feedback key people have put into trying to make halo after halo and, you guessed it, after halo work well and be successful and it's still overlooked. I have no hope or desire for this game. I'm playing this shitty beta and it makes me want to never pick up a controller again. But I bet you'll tell me it's a beta, it'll be all better when the game comes out. I won't be holding my breath, I still have been since reach.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Flinch has to fucking go and die. WTF were they thinking?

The AR is every noobs dream. An easy to use weapon that kills way to fast and a scope too? Just played a sweaty game that devolved into crouching with AR's, uh oh.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Nosku is right. These options were available in the Halo 3 and Halo: Reach Betas. There is no excuse as to why another 343 title is lacking severe options when it comes to lobbies and UI beta or not.

3 and reach beta were about 5 months before release, this is 10-11 months before.

Can I turn ground pound off? I've died a few times because of accidentally keeping my finger on the LB button once I've jumped

If MCC works by November 2015, and I mean 100%, ranks, parties, no freezes, lag, stats, game saves, etc. I may have half of the confidence you have.

That emotion.  I'd be too busy at that point playing the damn games to care what my confidence level in 343 is.  If Activision announced, hey lovelies we are going to re-release CoD4 and BOps2 on Xbox One with League play for both.. then release a game with bugs but eventually fix all of them... I would still be not giving a fuck because I'd be too busy enjoying the games.

You can call me a bad consumer all you want, but all I care about is the end product that I am going to be enjoying.  

I prefer a buggy H2C that will eventually get fixed over a bug-less Reach at launch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

These fucking ARs! For the love of God, who decided they should be this effective. There is literally almost no reason to pick up a precision weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 7

3 and reach beta were about 5 months before release, this is 10-11 months before.

Understandable, but basic lobby function should be one of the first things to work on. There's no point in building a game if you can't navigate around it without quitting the build every 5 minutes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love the intensity in classic Halo, but in Halo 5 beta there is just chaos (and the AR start certaintly doesn't help). As a lone wolf and average gamer it is just to much going on. And I hate AR start so much that I will continue the beta test when there is BR starts next week. People are just doing kamikaze sprint and thrusting attacks and spraying with the AR. I hate it so much and my mind is too slow for that shit.

• Upvote (+1) 6