CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

But I don't think halo 5 blows. And I don't get why you and others are only talking about me quitting out of a map I don't like when there are other reasons against quibanning like:

1. 3v4 objective games that I shouldn't have to play out

2. Games with 1 or more afk teammates that I shouldn't have to play out

3. Playing against a team that decides to statwhore against us in the previous 2 scenarios

4. The power goes out

5. I simply lag out

6. The game is unplayable due to lag

7. Someone hits me offline because I teabagged them or something

8. When I was in school at one point I shared a house with other people because it was cheap and we shared a router. Sometimes another person would reset the connection on the advice of the landlord if their computer wasn't connecting even if I could still connect in that case, my options would have been to ask my housemates to not reset the internet because of my super serious halo game or get quit banned.

Everyone cherry picks one or two things that I said but there are endless reasons including some that are directly 343's fault that make quitbanning a bad idea in this game

Yes, we agree, all of these are reasonable. And the quit ban system in Halo 5 sucks. But you are arguing against having one, period. That is the issue people have with you.

A good quit ban system will allow one offense to slide if it's only once every like 20 matches. I've heard horror stories that this isn't the case and yeah Halo 5 is shit in this regard.

If you're lagging out all the time then you deserve punishment for having a shit connection and ruining games for people all the time. Sorry, but it's true.

Quit bans are stupid. If you quit, you should take a hit to your rank. If you lag out, you should be able to rejoin that same match. That's how it is in Rainbow Six Siege. It's a lifesaver honestly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i just brought up 343s history of lying on reddit (which could prove to be a big mistake), and before my inbox fills up i need a list of some of the most important ones i cant remember them all, GO BEYOND IM COUNTING YOU!!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i just brought up 343s history of lying on reddit, and before my inbox fills up i need a list of some of the most important ones i cant remember them all, GO BEYOND IM COUNTING YOU!!

MCC

• Upvote (+1) 7

i just brought up 343s history of lying on reddit, and before my inbox fills up i need a list of some of the most important ones i cant remember them all, GO BEYOND IM COUNTING YOU!!

Halo 5's marketing campaign.

• Upvote (+1) 7

i just brought up 343s history of lying on reddit (which could prove to be a big mistake), and before my inbox fills up i need a list of some of the most important ones i cant remember them all, GO BEYOND IM COUNTING YOU!!

H4's map pack incident

Their delaying of a doubles playlist while saying they were 'testing' maps

MCC and their own community guy going silent for months after release.

Frankie telling us we would hear what went wrong with MCC once it was fixed. Technically not a lie, but it says enough.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Population is north of 35k.

Still No.1 Xbox Exclusive

imagine the pop if they just gave it away during a pro league match. For free. Just a one time thing.

It seems like there are a lot of Slayer gametypes in the Arena playlist now.

"Cortana's definitely dead guys." 1 retcon later... "This was always the plan."

• Upvote (+1) 5

Really guys they aren't perks.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yes, we agree, all of these are reasonable. And the quit ban system in Halo 5 sucks. But you are arguing against having one, period. That is the issue people have with you.

A good quit ban system will allow one offense to slide if it's only once every like 20 matches. I've heard horror stories that this isn't the case and yeah Halo 5 is shit in this regard.

If you're lagging out all the time then you deserve punishment for having a shit connection and ruining games for people all the time. Sorry, but it's true.

And this is precisely why I say that people are taking video games too seriously. You're talking about a video game in terms of "punishment" for people who have spotty connections. When I was kid, my parents house had a connection that disconnected me from the Internet when they got a phone call, and I was also frequently disconnected by storms. When I was going to school at one point I shared a house with 5 people and the Internet was constantly spotty.

Then there are tons of people who live in shitty areas who have terrible connections and frequently lag out. What you're saying is that after they saved their lunch money or whatever to get a new console and halo 5 and then getting quitbanned repeatedly because they have a trash connection they should just suck it up and take the quitban (even if it's an FFA). If I had been getting quitbanned all the time when I was a kid because of my connection I probably would have quit playing halo for good; by the way, this is probably a reason for population drops in recent halo games

I don't generally have disconnect problems, but when I do, they're usually poorly-timed and humorous in a "well, fuck me" kind of way.

Playing Slayer- up 15 or so, get disconnected from server. No ban.

Play one match FFA. Win with the next closest being around 15 kills. As soon as the game ends, I get kicked to the main screen with a ban for the previous slayer game, thus earning me a longer ban after the FFA boot.

"Cortana's definitely dead guys." 1 retcon later... "This was always the plan."

Well too be fair saying "Cortana is still rampant but believes she's not" would have been spoilers. Also Cortana IS dead. I'm 100% certain that, the Cortana we see is a fragment so technically Cortana is dead.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

So last night I was playing on my alt for a bit. Encountered some weird shit.

Consistently kept matching golds, no one above until my last match which were platinums. However, these guys had those GT's you'd expect of an alt and were consistently predicting spawns, blocking them, and making very high level plays. Most of them gold 1 or 2.

Ended up ranking gold 4 when it was all said and done. I'm confused, because i had closer matches here then on my main account which has consistently placed diamond since launch.

I understand background MMR, but is it possible certain accounts are biased towards certain ranks? Very confused.

So last night I was playing on my alt for a bit. Encountered some weird shit.

Consistently kept matching golds, no one above until my last match which were platinums. However, these guys had those GT's you'd expect of an alt and were consistently predicting spawns, blocking them, and making very high level plays. Most of them gold 1 or 2.

Ended up ranking gold 4 when it was all said and done. I'm confused, because i had closer matches here then on my main account which has consistently placed diamond since launch.

I understand background MMR, but is it possible certain accounts are biased towards certain ranks? Very confused.

Lack of social has made low level ranked smurf city.

Lack of social has made low level ranked smurf city.

Can tell. Better quality games there than in Diamond it seems.

Frankie mentioned somewhere that Halo 5 had longest Campaign in the Series, and that Blue Team had more dialogue in Halo 5 than in all books combined...(lies)

Oh yeah I remember the one as well: Master Chief is still the primary Protagonist in Halo 5

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Frankie mentioned somewhere that Halo 5 had longest Campaign in the Series, and that Blue Team had more dialogue in Halo 5 than in all books combined...(lies)

Oh yeah I remember the one as well: Master Chief is still the primary Protagonist in Halo 5

I imagine this was true until they gutted all of the Blue Team content.

Oh yeah I remeber the one as well: Master Chief is still the primary Protagonist in Halo 5

Its the same thing

No it's not. They used to both exist and always had the games in very different orders.