CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Ugug your argument is basically "quit bans suck because Halo 5's matching system and gametypes suck"

You apparently can't read if you think that's my argument.

Apparently choosing to quit because of bad maps or because your team sucks is "out of your control".

But y'know keep cherrypicking the legitimate things you said and ignore why everyone negged you, lol.

And if you get an important call, suck up the quit ban. That is your punishment for detrimenting 7 other people and wasting 10 minutes of their time. The least you can do is endure the punishment of that. If you know you could receive a phone call at any minute then maybe you should wait until that is not the case or play other games with social playlists.

And your problem mostly isn't really with the quit ban, but with the fact that Halo 5 sucks ass in general. That's not a reason to argue against the ban system itself if it's implemented properly.

Bad teammates are out of my control. I never said that quitting in that circumstance was out of my control. I said that having teammates with no hands against a to4 would be a fine reason to quit. So really everyone who is focusing on me talking about quitting out of bad maps is cherry picking if I have 6 other reasons

And the ban system ISN'T implemented properly. That's precisely why I'm talking about it

Bad teammates are out of my control. I never said that quitting in that circumstance was out of my control. I said that having teammates with no hands against a to4 would be a fine reason to quit. So really everyone who is focusing on me talking about quitting out of bad maps is cherry picking if I have 6 other reasons

And the ban system ISN'T implemented properly. That's precisely why I'm talking about it

This is what I'm getting at though, so apparently I CAN read.

I believe Marty said that they planned to have a track in there but couldn't get in finished in time, so they just licensed the use of Breaking Benjamin.

Interesting, but theres two other proper Rock tracks (I don't think Halo related) on the H2A disc 2. I'll give it a google search, quite interested to see what thats all about.

12k gamertags have played a game in slayer so far in june. Pretty bad in my opinion. What was h4 pop 9 months after launch?

12k gamertags have played a game in slayer so far in june. Pretty bad in my opinion. What was h4 pop 9 months after launch?

It's the fifth day of the month, Warzone is the biggest playlist (along with Grifball/Infection hidden numbers), and that's for people who have played 10 games.

There was a 100k peak after Ghosts of Meridian.

H4 was 20k-40k

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is what I'm getting at though, so apparently I CAN read.

And yet you conveniently missed all of the stuff about disconnects, 3v4s, afk teammates, lag etc and reduced my argument to what you felt you could counter

It's the fifth day of the month, Warzone is the biggest playlist (along with Grifball/Infection hidden numbers), and that's for people who have played 10 games.

H4 was 20k-40k

Arguably it will slow alot from the beginning of the month, and its not 10 games, unranked which means 1 or a quit.

How do you know the 100k?

I think I have a fool proof system to reduce quitting...

Make the maps and gametypes actually good.

This is endgame at the end of the day.

343 could implement every anti-quitting protocol in the book but if people aren't invested in the maps then what is even the point. I still wish we had a veto button, there is a reason why I barely played Snowbound on Halo 3 its because that map sucked booty. I remember some guy on /r/Halo got into an argument with me and he said "343 should make every map viable" (I shit you not) and when I proposed that there should be veto button in H5 I got downvoted to oblivion. Its almost as if people don't get that all maps aren't created equally and aren't all equally loved.

Arguably it will slow alot from the beginning of the month, and its not 10 games, unranked which means 1 or a quit.

How do you know the 100k?

Why would it slow down? It's not like people look at the calendar "oh its the first of the month, time to play some Halo 5".

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why would it slow down? It's not like people look at the calendar "oh its the first of the month, time to play some Halo 5".

Uhhh yes they do, less so casuals but a decent amount of people.

H4 was 20k-40k

How do you know there was a 100k peak?

Uhhh yes they do, less so casuals but a decent amount of people.

Not trying to state that they don't, just confused as to why that would happen? Number not tied to month date?

H4 was 20k-40k

100k peak ??? Lol plz give me whatever you are smoking
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Not trying to state that they don't, just confused as to why that would happen? Number not tied to month date?

Because people who still play Halo 5 will be slightly pumped for reset so you'll get the bulk of people that will be playing that list in the 1st week+weekend. Also probably a small bump at the end. Don't forget this is only ONE game played and you are counted.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 could implement every anti-quitting protocol in the book but if people aren't invested in the maps then what is even the point. I still wish we had a veto button, there is a reason why I barely played Snowbound on Halo 3 its because that map sucked booty. I remember some guy on /r/Halo got into an argument with me and he said "343 should make every map viable" (I shit you not) and when I proposed that there should be veto button in H5 I got downvoted to oblivion. Its almost as if people don't get that all maps aren't created equally and aren't all equally loved.

Nah man you should just "suck it up" and spend your free time playing garbage maps for the benefit of others on the game on which you spent 60$

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Nah man you should just "suck it up" and spend your free time playing garbage maps for the benefit of others on the game on which you spent 60$

Halo is a team game and when you quit out you are running the experience for others on your team, however some of the maps on Halo 5 are such utter shit that I completely understand if people back out. Honestly I stopped playing Halo right before the Riptide DLC came out, I decided "fuck it lets see if H5 is worth my time" and I redownloaded it. Literally the first game I played was on Riptide and I sat there in amazement wondering how 343 approved such a lopsided, convoluted, windy map. 

No but seriously between Overgrowth and Riptide I would just back out.

Because people who still play Halo 5 will be slightly pumped for reset so you'll get the bulk of people that will be playing that list in the 1st week+weekend. Also probably a small bump at the end. Don't forget this is only ONE game played and you are counted.

Hmmm idk, I just play whenever I'm free. Don't think majority of people would see its a new month and decide to just play cuz ranks reset, but I'm just using anecdotal examples so I'm probably wrong.

Seriously, your problem is that Halo 5 fucking blows dude. Just stop playing. I did. There's far superior games out there.

Also you have no concept of how your decisions affect others. Just quitting because of the map fucks over 7 people instead of just 1 (you). It's all me me me. I hate Wasteland in Rocket League but I don't quit out every time and fuck my team over because it's selfish and toxic to the community.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I hate Wasteland in Rocket League but I don't quit out every time and fuck my team over because it's selfish and toxic to the community.

Speak of the devil, I just bought Rocket League.

Holy shit this game is meth.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Seriously, your problem is that Halo 5 fucking blows dude. Just stop playing. I did. There's far superior games out there.

Also you have no concept of how your decisions affect others. Just quitting because of the map fucks over 7 people instead of just 1 (you). It's all me me me. I hate Wasteland in Rocket League but I don't quit out every time and fuck my team over because it's selfish and toxic to the community.

But I don't think halo 5 blows. And I don't get why you and others are only talking about me quitting out of a map I don't like when there are other reasons against quibanning like:

1. 3v4 objective games that I shouldn't have to play out

2. Games with 1 or more afk teammates that I shouldn't have to play out

3. Playing against a team that decides to statwhore against us in the previous 2 scenarios

4. The power goes out

5. I simply lag out

6. The game is unplayable due to lag

7. Someone hits me offline because I teabagged them or something

8. When I was in school at one point I shared a house with other people because it was cheap and we shared a router. Sometimes another person would reset the connection on the advice of the landlord if their computer wasn't connecting even if I could still connect in that case, my options would have been to ask my housemates to not reset the internet because of my super serious halo game or get quit banned.

Everyone cherry picks one or two things that I said but there are endless reasons including some that are directly 343's fault that make quitbanning a bad idea in this game

Halo is a team game and when you quit out you are running the experience for others on your team, however some of the maps on Halo 5 are such utter shit that I completely understand if people back out. Honestly I stopped playing Halo right before the Riptide DLC came out, I decided "fuck it lets see if H5 is worth my time" and I redownloaded it. Literally the first game I played was on Riptide and I sat there in amazement wondering how 343 approved such a lopsided, convoluted, windy map. 

No but seriously between Overgrowth and Riptide I would just back out.

It may mostly be a team game but there are people who are seriously arguing that I should be quitbanned for leaving an FFA because it slows down the pace for others lol

i feel like 343 is trying to make every map a one size fits all map though when it comes to non btb maps, and that its hurting the quality of the map design (among other issues that cause this), like in halo 3 high ground was made specifically for one sided obj gametypes, now of course they put it in slayer and that was dumb but for its intended purpose it was pretty good imo, and that was better than what we have now where none of the maps are all that good at all really. maybe im off base, someone who understands maps on a higher level tell me if im wrong.