CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Or even a system that the first player that quits gets the penalty, but then the other 3 on the team may quit without penalty or CSR loss.

I love the people you meet in matchmaking. I hear, "You're an effing ******," the minute I'm in the post game menu. smh.

This is part of Halo man lol. That's how you know you shit on em. :salt:

Or even a system that the first player that quits gets the penalty, but then the other 3 on the team may quit without penalty or CSR loss.

Thats how it works in Dota. If a player abandons, the game is safe to leave for everyone else and you don't get punished just because a teammate bailed on you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thats how it works in Dota. If a player abandons, the game is safe to leave for everyone else and you don't get punished just because a teammate bailed on you.

I don't like that though, there's been many times in many different games there has been a player which has left, and I've still been able to win the game as a team.

Happened many times in League and once or twice in Halo. I can understand if the option to leave is given only if they have a big lead. But if the game is 32 to 13 and one guy leaves late game, I'd hate if I had team mates start leaving when theres still a chance to win it.

I love the people you meet in matchmaking. I hear, "You're an effing ******," the minute I'm in the post game menu. smh.

Post game menu?

That would get abused so easily.

• Upvote (+1) 2

H3 had map veto, so if you got Snowbound you would veto it and get Guardian or something else. Now you get Riptide and you wish you were dead.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H3 had map veto, so if you got Snowbound you would veto it and get Guardian or something else. Now you get Riptide and you wish you were dead.

Qtb

I can't do Riptide. Especially since I can't seem to get randoms that know how to hold a simple set up on a straight forward map.

I think I have a fool proof system to reduce quitting...

Make the maps and gametypes actually good.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Qtb

I can't do Riptide. Especially since I can't seem to get randoms that know how to hold a simple set up on a straight forward map.

Riptide is the worst designed map ever. And i played Epitaph with the doors. But Riptide makes you wish you were never born.

What a real anti-quitting system needs is the following:

1. A progression system that rewards players for completing games, not for performing in them. This means "all or nothing". Halo 3's EXP system did this almost perfectly. It gave 1 EXP for a win, 0 for a loss, and -1 for quitting. I would make the same system except give -2 EXP for quitting.

2. A ranking system. While this only solves the problem in ranked playlists, it does give players a greater amount of ability to avoid quitters if they would like. Ranks make people care about winning, if they care about winning, they won't quit. In Halo 3, a win would still be counted for your TruSkill value if you left mid-game and your team won it or you. I would change this, so that if you quit, you receive a loss no matter what happens in the game after your departure.

3. A quit ban like the one used in League of Legends. If you quit, you don't get a set 20-minute ban, you just can't search Matchmaking again until your previous game has completed. However, I think it would be ideal id this system applied to more than just matchmaking, but the online aspect of the game as a whole. So if you quit a game, you can't play anything. This also means that players that have something come up and legitimately have to leave the game won't be punished as harshly.

5. No backing out before the game starts. Signing out/quitting the build counts as a loss.

6. Players after the first player on a team quits should be exempt from any additional punishment.

7. Surrender voting option if 2+ players quit.

8. And last but not least make the game actually fun to play.

(this is a copypasta from a post I saved back on THC)

• Upvote (+1) 5

Thanks. Do you have a Scuf? I was looking into it the other day and was confused by the electro magnetic remapping (EMR) key. Is that required to remap the paddles, or can you do it without it?

Also, has anyone else had both an Elite and a Scuf? Or just an Elite and had these issues? It's a full blown crisis over here!

You do need the key to remap a scuf

Thanks. Do you have a Scuf? I was looking into it the other day and was confused by the electro magnetic remapping (EMR) key. Is that required to remap the paddles, or can you do it without it?

Also, has anyone else had both an Elite and a Scuf? Or just an Elite and had these issues? It's a full blown crisis over here!

My left elite bumper broke in ~ 2 months. I'll try to buy a replacement pair, but I won't buy another elite controller. I paid an additional $90 for a set of bumpers on the back with the same build quality as a normal controller.

Riptide is the worst designed map ever. And i played Epitaph with the doors. But Riptide makes you wish you were never born.

I'd agree if not for Overgrowth.

And yet all but one of the situations that I've listed in this thread are either things out of my control (disconnect, unplayable lag, important phone call etc) or are things where another player has already "wasted everyone's time" (3v4 objective, afk teammate, betraying teammate etc) and the argument for the latter is that I should "suck it up" in a game like a 3v4 that by the definition of almost everyone in this thread is already "ruined". At that point I think everyone is forced to waste their time by having to stay in a lopsided game for fear of getting quitbanned.

Apparently choosing to quit because of bad maps or because your team sucks is "out of your control".

But y'know keep cherrypicking the legitimate things you said and ignore why everyone negged you, lol.

And if you get an important call, suck up the quit ban. That is your punishment for detrimenting 7 other people and wasting 10 minutes of their time. The least you can do is endure the punishment of that. If you know you could receive a phone call at any minute then maybe you should wait until that is not the case or play other games with social playlists.

And your problem mostly isn't really with the quit ban, but with the fact that Halo 5 sucks ass in general. That's not a reason to argue against the ban system itself if it's implemented properly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What a real anti-quitting system needs is the following:

1. A progression system that rewards players for completing games, not for performing in them. This means "all or nothing". Halo 3's EXP system did this almost perfectly. It gave 1 EXP for a win, 0 for a loss, and -1 for quitting. I would make the same system except give -2 EXP for quitting.

2. A ranking system. While this only solves the problem in ranked playlists, it does give players a greater amount of ability to avoid quitters if they would like. Ranks make people care about winning, if they care about winning, they won't quit. In Halo 3, a win would still be counted for your TruSkill value if you left mid-game and your team won it or you. I would change this, so that if you quit, you receive a loss no matter what happens in the game after your departure.

3. A quit ban like the one used in League of Legends. If you quit, you don't get a set 20-minute ban, you just can't search Matchmaking again until your previous game has completed. However, I think it would be ideal id this system applied to more than just matchmaking, but the online aspect of the game as a whole. So if you quit a game, you can't play anything. This also means that players that have something come up and legitimately have to leave the game won't be punished as harshly.

5. No backing out before the game starts. Signing out/quitting the build counts as a loss.

6. Players after the first player on a team quits should be exempt from any additional punishment.

7. Surrender voting option if 2+ players quit.

8. And last but not least make the game actually fun to play.

(this is a copypasta from a post I saved back on THC)

1. Agree

2. Don't agree on being credited a loss even if your team wins. 1- Makes it too easy to derank. 2- It's too harsh on lag outs. Lag out when your team is winning 45-20 and get a loss? Makes no sense. 3- Creates a separation in the visible CSR and the invisible MMR.

3. Agree

5. Agree

6. Would be abused like crazy.

7. Agreed, but all remaining players on the surrender team would still get the full loss.

Ugug your argument is basically "quit bans suck because Halo 5's matching system and gametypes suck"

Why are you ruining the experience for other people just because you're frustrated? You say video games are for fun, and then deliberately ruin it for other people by quitting out cause you don't like the fact that there's no party restrictions lol. If you're getting obliterated like you say, the game will be over soon enough. Games last 12 minutes of your life at the most.

1. Agree

2. Don't agree on being credited a loss even if your team wins. 1- Makes it too easy to derank. 2- It's too harsh on lag outs. Lag out when your team is winning 45-20 and get a loss? Makes no sense. 3- Creates a separation in the visible CSR and the invisible MMR.

3. Agree

5. Agree

Yeah lag outs suck, but how can you design a quit punishment / ranking system around players lagging out? There is no way without opening the window for abuse. 343i needs to fix their shitty servers and people who frequently lag out need to change ISP if possible. As people said, letting people reconnect to the same game would go a long way.

6. Would be abused like crazy.

7. Agreed, but all remaining players on the surrender team would still get the full loss.

Good points. On 6 I thought making it gradual would be the best way: 1st quitter gets full punishment, 2nd gets 50% , 3rd 25% and 4th goes for free or something. Ofc they all get a loss. And yes surrender means loss for all members.

servers have been absolutely shitting on me today. Can't connect to the servers at all atm ffs.

My favorite part is not being able to figure out which kid is screaming at me when my team wins :/

Off topic question, for those who played Halo 2 at launch. Why were there so many Rock songs and different bands? Just curious, because I've been listening to the H2A soundtrack, and my experience with Halo 2 was with MCC.

Was really odd for me (but awesome) to hear Breaking Benjamin in one of the last levels.

Off topic question, for those who played Halo 2 at launch. Why were there so many Rock songs and different bands? Just curious, because I've been listening to the H2A soundtrack, and my experience with Halo 2 was with MCC.

Was really odd for me (but awesome) to hear Breaking Benjamin in one of the last levels.

I believe Marty said that they planned to have a track in there but couldn't get in finished in time, so they just licensed the use of Breaking Benjamin.