CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Hey @@Hard Way I was finally able to cobble together a Gameplay for you to review. FYI I had to fix my controllers deadzones for a minute or two.

Nice! Send me a link to the game in your game history on waypoint.

Hey @@Hard Way I was finally able to cobble together a Gameplay for you to review. FYI I had to fix my controllers deadzones for a minute or two.

Did you make this post on mobile?

Yes.

I'm at work so I can't use me laptop.

Wonder if that's what's causes it.

I still don't get notifications for being quoted, but only in this thread.

Btw I watched your last Halo 5 gameplay review, it's really good but I'd say you should take some cues from BBK dragoon in that department (he's my favourite), like turning on the "overlays" or whatever its called, I think its pretty good when watching a review because it gives me a perspective of where everyone is mid game, places which I wouldn't normally think of.

This mobile site is the ultimate troll.

at least you're not getting bombarded with weird ads anymore, always used to happen to me on mobile.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Btw I watched your last Halo 5 gameplay review, it's really good but I'd say you should take some cues from BBK dragoon in that department (he's my favourite), like turning on the "overlays" or whatever its called, I think its pretty good when watching a review because it gives me a perspective of where everyone is mid game, places which I wouldn't normally think of.

Thank you!  I thought about using them, but I feel like it's really easy to play Captain Hindsight with those things on.  I try to put myself in the player's shoes in the moment, with the limited knowledge that he has to work with, and grade their decision making like that.  However, I do like turning them on as a quick way to illustrate a point or give the viewer an idea of the state of the map.  I just don't like to leave them on because that gives us information that the player didn't have at the time, and I think that's an unfair way to critique someone.

I can certainly try to use it more often though.

Edit:  Does anyone have a list of spawn times and locations for all the bosses for every Warzone map?  It frustrates me that I've gone this long without knowing them.  Can't tell you how many times I've called in a req, and then 20 seconds later a boss spawns nearby and I wished I had spawned something else.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yay more things that people bitch endlessly about. It's not like there are better things to bitch about.

Gaaaaddaaammmit, another accidental upvote, when I meant to down vote! /Cartman rant off.

at least you're not getting bombarded with weird ads anymore, always used to happen to me on mobile.

Congrats on winning a brand new iPhone! Now let's redirect you without question!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Congrats on winning a brand new iPhone! Now let's redirect you without question!

I've won so many iphones from this totally legit ad. My luck is so crazy good to keep randomly getting selected to win over and over.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Kilo-5 were just a rag tag team of Mary Sues with a collective intelligence comparable to a teenager's crusty sock.

Let's take Vaz, the closest thing we have to a main character, for example. Traviss tries to make him seem like he's some morally upstanding dude by having him think Halsey is a monster for the Spartan-II Project (and like an idiot, apparently thinks she did so ENTIRELY by herself without any support from ONI or the UNSC, considering all of his hate is focused on the one doctor and not the for the government he fucking works for), and yet he fantasizes about committing genocide on the entire Sangheili race (aka, the people who basically saved Humanity's ass in the end and their only ally in a big bad galaxy), and was about to execute a defenseless prisoner on a whim. You can try and act like his hypocrisy was totally part of his character, but the problem is that his hypocrisy is never challenged or acknowledged as being such, which makes it appear like these instances of hypocrisy were unintentional on Traviss' part, and we were meant to believe that Vaz was 100% justified in the eyes of the narrative. A core trait of the Mary Sue archetype is the character always appearing to be in the right in the context of the story, no matter what.

What's even more bullshit is that Traviss states that all of Kilo-5 read Dr. Halsey's journal (the one that came with the limited edition for Reach), but apparently it made them hate her even more, despite a significant amount of the journal being dedicated to Dr. Halsey's misgivings, and later guilt about the Spartan-II project.

I could have sworn both Vaz and Mal both hated what ONI was doing for the most part. Just because they work for ONI doesn't mean they like how it's run.

Regardless, I still much preferred it for the interesting characters and conflicts between them. We can nitpick all day but I loved the tension created through Naomi's dad as a plot construct. BB and Osman were great characters as well.

Contact Harvest was very by the numbers from what I remember. I might be thinking of another Halo novel though, it's been a couple years.

Oh and the Forerunner saga is the best of the new ones IMO. I just liked how weird it was. It was unapologetically weird philosophical sci-fi.

oh god its everywhere!!!

I think I just found the only reason why I would want to play Halo 5

WARNING FOR MOBILE: LARGE SIZE

http://i.imgur.com/mcn6bhW.gifv

if nothing else, halo 5 is the best gmod console equivalent, i may not like its gameplay but forge is legitimately awesome, and if we are getting a new forge map, ill redownload it and check it out.  

Does anybody know anything on when doubles is gonna get added in?

After testing is finished and all known exploits are fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 1