CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Just got an update last night. Apparently doubles is still "a few weeks out" at best. They don't really care about the playlist to be honest.

I'm still surprised that people get bitchy at more content getting added. It's not like more REQs means less maps or updates being made. I don't understand the issue. Unless it's just finding something to bitch about cause there's nothing better to do.

Do you get mad when Politicians basically regurgitate one-liners and "gotcha" politics instead of focusing on actual issues that actually matter to people?

Same thing.

I'm a bit late on updates. Is there still radar in competitive settings?

LOL.  To 343:

"Update"  You keep using this word.  I do not think it means what you think it means.

"Variant"  You keep using this word.  I do not think it means what you think it means.

"Remix"    You keep using this word.  I do not think it means what you think it means.

hqdefault.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 9

Do you get mad when Politicians basically regurgitate one-liners and "gotcha" politics instead of focusing on actual issues that actually matter to people?

Same thing.

I like my brain cells so I don't pay all too much attention to politics.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm a bit late on updates. Is there still radar in competitive settings?

sadly yes.

What's the best playlist to get destroy mongooses? I only need like 30 more.

I'll pay 1600 microsoft points to spawn that much in warzone. 

Probably BTB. I see more people using them in that playlist than Warzone, but a combination of both would most likely be your best bet.

Speaking of BTB, can we try out pistol starts? Viking and Altar are freaking terrible with BR starts. You can't even move in the open without getting pinged across the map since Viking is 95% open spaces and Altar is similar, but at least there's more cover. With Viking, I'm just going to start quitting the build whenever that map comes up.

I'll pay 1600 microsoft points to spawn that much in warzone. 

Warzone

You really think highly of MS if you don't think it's a possibility that they told 343 not to bother with split screen so they can sell consoles. They are a very scummy company that has done shadier things in the past.

Right... Okay that's one hell of a business plan, cut splitscreen to sell more Xbox. And I guess jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, but it can melt split screen?

Not really interested in conspiracies.

Probably BTB. I see more people using them in that playlist than Warzone, but a combination of both would most likely be your best bet.

Speaking of BTB, can we try out pistol starts? Viking and Altar are freaking terrible with BR starts. You can't even move in the open without getting pinged across the map since Viking is 95% open spaces and Altar is similar, but at least there's more cover. With Viking, I'm just going to start quitting the build whenever that map comes up.

Pistol starts would make viking even worse.

Viking, Altar, and Deadlock are freaking terrible.

FTFY. Can the Halo community PLEASE get over the rampant H3 nostalgia in jammed into completely different games? Those maps play like complete shit. BR starts are part of the problem, I agree, but they're still bad anyway and they, uh, make my game crash. That's what it is. Yes. Though, to be fair, most of the BTB maps suck.

Pistol starts would make viking even worse.

Viking with pistol starts and binaries instead of sniper rifles might be pretty solid.  I'm assuming the sniper is why you feel that way.

@@Infinity, I was just looking through our company, and I see a TON of names that I never see online in Halo 5 or on these forums.  Can you please make another purge?  I feel like we're stalling out in our Achilles progress.

Edit: @@arglactable, I disagree about Deadlock, at least for CTF.  I have a blast on that map as long as spawns aren't flipping constantly like they do in Slayer.

Viking with pistol starts and binaries instead of sniper rifles might be pretty solid. I'm assuming the sniper is why you feel that way.

@@Infinity, I was just looking through our company, and I see a TON of names that I never see online in Halo 5 or on these forums. Can you please make another purge? I feel like we're stalling out in our Achilles progress.

Edit: @@arglactable, I disagree about Deadlock, at least for CTF. I have a blast on that map as long as spawns aren't flipping constantly like they do in Slayer.

Snipers are the main reason. The map.also has h2 BRS and if I remember correctly some DMRS too?

And Ya I just rejoined the company a few days ago. I've played every day and I've only seen a max of two others on.

I'm on everyday, but with the spartan company friends list not working I can never tell who is on. If you want to play Warzone, or BTB or anything for that matter hmu.

GT:: Ye FLuFFy

• Upvote (+1) 1

Though, to be fair, most of the BTB maps suck.

I agree that most of them suck, but I can tolerate them. Viking takes the cake though and I just can't deal with it.

Viking with pistol starts and binaries instead of sniper rifles might be pretty solid.  I'm assuming the sniper is why you feel that way.

I was just looking through our company, and I see a TON of names that I never see online in Halo 5 or on these forums. Can you please make another purge? I feel like we're stalling out in our Achilles progress.

I'd try that out. I occasionally looked at the company when I was in a different one and it doesn't look like it progressed a lot from some months ago. I'd consider joining, but I remember Infinity saying you have tons of requests already.

On another note, it looks like they updated Waypoint's forum functions.

I'm on everyday, but with the spartan company friends list not working I can never tell who is on. If you want to play Warzone, or BTB or anything for that matter hmu.

GT:: Ye FLuFFy

Oh. That list doesn't work?

Oh. That list doesn't work?

No it doesn't. You have to have them be on your friends list to show up on the spartan company list.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not really related to Halo 5 but whatever.

Waypoint just updated it's layout slightly and they finally added a notification system, similar to Beyond/IP.Board. 

Problem is, it doesn't add notifications for when someone quotes your posts and replies to it. That shit should be a standard feature for any forum. The amount of times I've made posts here, forgotten about them and woken up to quote notifications is so damn high. I miss so many replied on Waypoint because of this feature just being absent.

IP.Board >>>

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not really related to Halo 5 but whatever.

Waypoint just updated it's layout slightly and they finally added a notification system, similar to Beyond/IP.Board.

Problem is, it doesn't add notifications for when someone quotes your posts and replies to it. That shit should be a standard feature for any forum. The amount of times I've made posts here, forgotten about them and woken up to quote notifications is so damn high. I miss so many replied on Waypoint because of this feature just being absent.

IP.Board >>>

That is legitimately more the reason I quit posting on Waypoint than the annoying posters tbh

That is legitimately more the reason I quit posting on Waypoint than the annoying posters tbh

Four to five years of forum and website iteration and changes and not a single one has introduced quote notifications. Meanwhile on IP.Board which THC and Beyond used since 2012/2013...

• Upvote (+1) 3

No it doesn't. You have to have them be on your friends list to show up on the spartan company list.

Well that's pointless.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There are free forum software that are better than waypoint, there are free templates better than waypoints frontpage and there's a ton of websites doing things better (stats, forum discussion, news). Why does anyone care about waypoint at this point.

Edit: and remember when someone (don't know his name, quinn?) Said halowaypoint was going to show stats in a better way, that they were working on improving waypoint and shit? Well it's been months and nothing's been done.

• Upvote (+1) 1