CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

JUST CAME HERE TO SAY THAT THE DOOM SLAYER KICKS EXPONENTIALLY MORE ASS THAN THE MASTER CHIEF EVER COULD. IF YOU DISAGREE YOU ARE WRONG.

FzZPLsv.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 8

And he does it all without talking, too.

in two physical motions, when he smashes the two consoles before the intro, it establishes him as an angry, take no shits, gives no fucks, bad ass. He actually has a personality, unlike Locke, who's just bored all the time.

So finally playing this game once again after about a month in a half I decided to give the solo queue Team Arena playlist a go again -- which I never do because teams of champions vs my randoms without mics is just.. just awful. Slayer I can handle because all I have to worry about is getting at least 25 kills. Exponentially more difficult when I have to get every kill and do objective but you know, details lol.

So! Besides the teams of 4 against the onyx/diamond mixtures on my team... I still manage to make it to Onyx no problems as usual. I'm coming more and more content on how this game is "meant to be played" but it's hard getting over some of the frustrations in this game. So before getting into my venting; tl;dr I'm still pissed at the gameplay, but there are some good changes to Arena and some bad changes. And radar fucking sucks.

I'm finding that a lot of my frustrations have been coming from that stupid ass spartan charge and ground pound, but the other major annoyances for me are the splinter grenades and radar. If this game didn't have the most overpowered auto rifles to date, I would be fine with radar for matchmaking (competitive is another story), but this radar has to go dude.. It just facilitates this garbage gameplay of people crouching around corners with autos (which is NOT skillful).

Splinter grenades are basically the panic button in this game. You shouldn't be rewarded with a trade because you walked somewhere prior into getting into a fight and tapped the Left Trigger as you get destroyed in a gun fight.

Whoever put the Fuel Rod cannon and Hydra on Truth Assault needs to fix it back to how it was. Literally had a team save an arm because we killed FOUR guys out of their base, one guy spawns on top carb as our teammates run the bomb in. Me, I knew they were going to spawn carb because my teammates were running it in from Pink after my triple. I push their carb door, and start to put pressure and on cue, one guy spawns top carb. This person proceeds to sprint-thrust-slide top middle and grab the conveniently spawning fuel rod and spams it in the window for a free double kill to save the plant lol... Then hides behind the shield and kills me because he can just sit behind the shield and pop out and shoot downward lmao..  Like why?! All you have to do is sit up top and camp behind the shields with a mini rocket launcher for free kills. We 3-0d them anyway but the fact that this is even possible is the thing that annoys me.

I love the changes to Empire Strongholds, doesn't feel like a complete crap fest with SMGs, Storm Rifles and a Shotgun death every two seconds. The fact that bottom middle is expanded, it's not just a party bomb bottom middle all game. Great change.

Regret is a lot better without the fuel rod and personally I'm a fan of the BR placement. The map is still shit imo though, but that's just because of the design, no weapon placements will make that map good to me. There's just too many awful lines of sight for that map too play good.

Coliseum, thank god they moved rockets back to where they were lol. I played one game some time ago and Rockets and Sniper flipped was idiotic. I like the removal of BRs for DMRs though. Feels like a more controlled pace of game on that map.

Meh, today was the first day back in a month in a half and I played like ass but considering I didn't separate my own head from shoulders in frustration I would say it was a decent day back. Have to get this rust off though, I hate feeling like a scrub stuck at 1750 lol. I've only played 789 games of Halo 5 total so far though so I don't have too much to complain about. For people playing this game almost 5x as much as me, I can still keep up pretty damn good for barely playing this shit lol. I miss real Halo though, I don't think we'll get another game like it ever again in our generation. :(

Rant/vent over.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Don't know if this was posted, but this is a good listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tksLPPPEoSY

I can see why people have stopped playing Halo 5. Aiming are dogshit, the maps is not fun to play at all.

Lack of gametypes is really showing right now and the servers is really bad lately. Arena Matchmaking is really bad if you're playing solo.

Not to mention casual playlist are really lacking now. Lack of content didn't really help either.

JUST CAME HERE TO SAY THAT THE DOOM SLAYER KICKS EXPONENTIALLY MORE ASS THAN THE MASTER CHIEF EVER COULD. IF YOU DISAGREE YOU ARE WRONG.

Shut your whore mouth.

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

This Mission Victory Boost is confusing as all hell.

Game 1: I lose, but I still have it

Game 2: I win, but still have it

Game 3: I lose, and now I lose it

Game 4 I win, and it's back

Game 5: I lose, and it's gone again. Or is it?

What is going on?

What is going on?

Brought to you by

windows-azure-cloud.png

"It's always on, it's scalable, it's everywhere! it just never works... "

• Upvote (+1) 3

My hard-copy of Overwatch for PC is sitting at home already delivered and I'm sitting here at work ready to leave.
I am curious if I will have to re-install it from disc seeings I already have the whole game installed from the Beta.  
Also curious when the servers are going live for central time zone because I saw article that servers are actually going live 5/23.

My hard-copy of Overwatch for PC is sitting at home already delivered and I'm sitting here at work ready to leave.

I am curious if I will have to re-install it from disc seeings I already have the whole game installed from the Beta.  

Also curious when the servers are going live for central time zone because I saw article that servers are actually going live 5/23.

5Dm6cbr.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

What is going on?

Refunds on REQ cards seem to lag about a game behind. I've heard that you can force a refresh by visiting the main menu though.

Regret is just so god damn bad.

I...actually like it. All the jumps make the flow pretty creative and let you do a lot. I guess it's a bit simple but the map is perfect to teach players how to collapse 101

• Upvote (+1) 1

What is going on?

As soon as I saw the announcement I used an Ultra Rare Victory RP Boost. Then I lost and lost it. Thanks 343i

As soon as I saw the announcement I used an Ultra Rare Victory RP Boost. Then I lost and lost it. Thanks 343i

Should have been refunded to your REQ collection without notice.

That sucks. I literally got rewarded twice from one boost. If I get on and it's still there should I report it?

This thread is so dead after the aiming thread popped up

Sounds like Halo in general. Overwatch came out. Who has time to play Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

^ LOL what? Just had a blast playing some H5 with friends. Found matches super fast. Must not be too dead. You can play more than one game, you know that, right?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2