CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

To play devil's advocate:

Spartans already shoot accurately whilst running, however, sprinting is just running even faster.

Not that lore should be an argument for sprint...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Spartans already shoot accurately whilst running, however, sprinting is just running even faster.

People are not even trying with the trolling anymore.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, if we were to go off lore, then the Spartans would take a small bit of health damage whenever they sprint for too long. In TFoR, Chief tore his Achilles Tendon after he pushed himself too far during the Mark V test drive. Presumably, the existence of incidents similar to this is the reason why the MJOLNIR has the "safety regulators" mentioned in the description of the Sprint armor ability module in Reach.

cc49685abd279db97ee2e457d7c154d6ebd66cd2
  • Upvote (+1) 8

Does anyone honestly believe that sprint is anything but a desperate attempt to pry gamers away from CoD?

Do you think Halo would still have sprint if had it never been featured in the CoD series?

• Upvote (+1) 7

Does anyone honestly believe that sprint is anything but a desperate attempt to pry gamers away from CoD?

Do you think Halo would still have sprint if had it never been featured in the CoD series?

Neogaf
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Just noticed your pic and clued in on your username. Tesseract rules.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah, if we were to go off lore, then the Spartans would take a small bit of health damage whenever they sprint for too long. In TFoR, Chief tore his Achilles Tendon after he pushed himself too far during the Mark V test drive. 

Was he pushing the plow too hard?

• Upvote (+1) 4

That's all true but I actually quite like the larger spaces as well. It's not for any real logical gameplay reason, I just like having the room to move around.

After playing the H5 beta, every time Midship or Heretic came up on the MCC it just felt super claustrophobic to me.

Again, I can completely see why people disagree and like I said I can't really back up why I prefer it with much. I guess it's just game feel really...

EDIT: Nevermind, guess I can't read. 

Was he pushing the plow too hard?

its not your birthday anymore, which means you need to stop.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Lmao just drop it please

• Upvote (+1) 2

If anything, it's pushing me back to CoD. If they're going to insist on shoving the mobility garbage down my throat, then I'm going to play games that do it a hell of a lot better.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

play games that do it a hell of a lot better.

I agree to an extent, but CoD has been ruined by the this Titanfall-esque wallrun/double jump/thruster fad just as much as Halo has.

• Upvote (+1) 3

With all this talk about sprint, and the recent releases of big shooters which don't really feature sprint, does anyone think maybe 343 will possibly take steps back (either in classic playlists or Halo 6 redesigns) and get rid of sprint?

Honestly as much as I enjoy Halo 5, and Halo Reach being the Halo I put most of my time into (and that has sprint), I definitely can see the arguments for the removal of sprint and would hope this is definitely something 343 think hard about in the future.

Idk why I both can and cannot see 343 taking steps back, because that would mean they would actually have to... take steps back. Maybe a lot of nerfs to sprint idk.

I've sadly not played DOOM as I'm taking a break from gaming till my exams are over. Then I've got to power through UC4. Cannot wait to see if all the comparisons are fair.

With all this talk about sprint, and the recent releases of big shooters which don't really feature sprint, does anyone think maybe 343 will possibly take steps back (either in classic playlists or Halo 6 redesigns) and get rid of sprint?

Nope.

If they're gonna do classic playlists, they'll be rotational because they always have shite population.

I honestly think that a Blacksmith game tool - type of thing - would be beneficial for Halo 5. For customs or silly matchmaking gametypes.

Pretty much creating or modifying the weapons in the game. So you can grab, for example, the magnum, add/remove as many bullets as you want, change the skin, enable/disable the different types of zoom, modify the damage for each shot or for melee, etc... then save it and download it for your own custom maps/gametypes. I think that would be super cool.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Moa

Here's a clip of me earlier with the lag issue where the game will flicker/rubberband/skip whatever you want to call it.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TTU%20VAPOR/video/17761087

It's hard to see, but when I spin slowly in a circle, you should see the subtle skipping, this is a constant during the course of a match. It indeed affects your aiming because while you may be accurately targeting someone, the stutter caused by the lag will throw your aim off, thus you can lose a lot of fights when you're connected to a server performing this way.

This one too, from the same match: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TTU%20VAPOR/video/17761185

When you're running around in the map, you can see it more obvious, your field of depth will feel like you're skipping or rubberbanding. It's as if the server is trying to play catch up, like it's buffering....

• Upvote (+1) 1

Plays Doom for a weekend.

Comes back.

Movement feels like ass.

Guns feel like ass.

Kill times feel like ass.

Aiming feels like dragging your aimer through a massive pile of shit.

Maps look like ass.

If Doom had even starts Halo Would've been uninstalled by now.

too be fair it's hard to compete with id on a technical level, the engine they use allows for really smooth actions and pretty much perfect gun play, bungie was one of the few developers that was even remotely close to them, and 343 isn't bungie, they're not an uncommonly talented studio like id and bungie are on a technical level.
  • Upvote (+1) 2