CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

"... But I know for a fact that 3/4 of my friends who play/played Halo 5, have most of their time dedicated on Warzone."

And I think that really sucks for the future of Halo.

Right, lets go back to H4 and MCC where no one was playing period.

• Downvote (-1) 2

how do i get the reach visor? I opened the pack, but it wasnt in there

and we're testing gametypes, but not with a powerup on  eden slayer? come on

i'm also sick of the constant sensitivity problems. it hardly ever feels the same two days in a row

I just want to understand how all of this fits into your original argument of 343 copying the popular games and trends out there, because last I checked it was COD, Destiny, Division etc... leading that massive popularity crowd, not battlefield.

Battlefield just broke 2016's Twitch record for must concurrent viewers for a launch trailer when they streamed their World Premier for Battlefield 1.  

COD Infinite Warfare's launch trailer is the most rapidly disliked youtube video in Youtube's history!  You tell me how Battlefield isn't a trend setter?   Battlefield is huge buddy, you seem to be a little ignorant of how huge it is. 

Right, lets go back to H4 and MCC where no one was playing period.

Halo 4 sucked and MCC was broken.  Not what I'm saying at all. lol

Although, you are in a weird way 1/4th correct about us needing to go back to MCC.  IF,    you catch my drift. ;)

Warzone is the most popular thing about Halo 5, this greater collective obviously doesn't think it blows and people enjoy "ridiculous sandbox of stupid weapons and vehicles". I play the same kids over and over in Arena, its pretty obvious most people chill in Warzone.

Is that because Warzone is a great Halo mode or, perhaps, because most of the people that like how Halo used to play don't give a shit about Warzone, Halo 5, or both? It's obvious that the Warzone kids are 343's primary audience right now. So? Is anyone surprised that the game mode that just happens to have everything that sucks about "modern" Halo in it (but even worse) and has obviously been a huge focus for them is the most popular among the people who actually still play the game? I'm not.

We had Warzone and an eSports half-measure at launch. Everyone else was left out to dry. Casual Arena players? Competitive players that don't like these compromised "universal settings" and abilities? Race? Custom games (just got one of their core modes nearly 7 months after launch)? Doubles? Snipers? Speedruns? Firefight? People who like normal aiming systems? BTB players that aren't a fan of mostly mediocre forge maps? Grifball players (until that was finally added)? Yeah, man. A lot of the people who don't want to grind Warzone just don't play this game at all. What a boon for the series that is.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Does it feel like the vertical sens is still slower than horizontal even though they are the same?

Making them the same actually increases the delta between the vertical and horizontal sensitivities.

Horizontal on default is half that of vertical. So if you set the standard sensitivity to 3, horizontal will be 1.5 and vertical will be 3. Which makes absolutely no sense...

Battlefield just broke 2016's Twitch record for must concurrent viewers for a launch trailer when they streamed their World Premier for Battlefield 1.  

COD Infinite Warfare's launch trailer is the most rapidly disliked youtube video in Youtube's history!  You tell me how Battlefield isn't a trend setter?   Battlefield is huge buddy, you seem to be a little ignorant of how huge it is. 

Idk if you just really like battlefield, or you're purposely choosing not to admit it doesn't fit into your original argument. But last I checked, Halo 5 Warzone was released MANY MANY months before Battlefield 1 trailer even debuted so I have no idea what "likes" on a YT video have to do with being popular.

I don't even understand how you think Battlefield some how sets the trends in the current shooter environment, especially considering its popularity and stats compared to Call of Duty (the actual game people consistently compared 343 and Halo to). It is now the 7th consecutive year COD is crowned king in terms of popularity, so forgive me if youtube likes and dislikes doesn't convince me of it's popularity compared to other IP's. Heck BO3 had an 85% attach rate on the PS4 in the US in q1 this year.

Even Destiny has outpaced BF4 in terms of popularity and that is a new IP, and it plays nothing like BF.

So honesty if a company is gonna copy other games to cash in on that crowd, copying BF would have to be the dumbest decision of all the shooters out there...

how do you guys see the aiming update? i still have sens and look accel only

Green skittle, press it. 

For those who are saying that the aiming is alot better now, what have you changed?

Right now I play on 2 sens 2 acc. Im just wondering what I should be looking to adjust in the new sensitivity options.

how do you guys see the aiming update? i still have sens and look accel only

Press A on look sens.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For those who are saying that the aiming is alot better now, what have you changed?

Right now I play on 2 sens 2 acc. Im just wondering what I should be looking to adjust in the new sensitivity options.

I went from 1 Acc to 2 Acc and changed 3 & 1.5 to 3 & 3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait the hell are you supposed to do with the aiming? Why is vertical at double horizontal? What should I be changing? This makes no sense to me.

If you want the vertical and horizontal to be closer to the same sensitivity you want to make the gap bigger.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

There is still something up with the sensitivity curve but adjusting the horizontal sensitivity up to match my vertical has made the aiming so much more fluid to me. I think I found some settings I can at least be happy with.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you want the vertical and horizontal to be closer to the same sensitivity you want to make the gap bigger.

I don't get why horizontal is half the value of vertical when vertical is soooooo much slower. It should be reversed. And didn't thy say matching them was what past halos used?

I don't get why horizontal is half the value of vertical when vertical is soooooo much slower. It should be reversed. And didn't thy say matching them was what past halos used?

I think that 2:1 ratio is standard in console gaming. Overwatch had it like that .

I went from 1 Acc to 2 Acc and changed 3 & 1.5 to 3 & 3.

So basically make the vertical and horizontal sensitivities the same. Ok cool,thanks

Umm, no?