CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Is this a real question? To make you move and not sit and camp off spawn, you rather have pistol/br so any one with a non severed thumb cant shit on you all game?

What are you talking about?!? Have you not played Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo Reach infection? It was JUST Shotgun/Pistol starts. Autos, and DMR are OP as fuck in infection.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We don't have the population to support normal playlist let alone niche ones

Catch 22

Not enough population so you cannot support varied mm. No varied mm so you cannot draw large population.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Was Grifball not permanent? As well as multi team, snipers, team tactical, MLG, swat, MLG ffa, etc

There were a lot of niche lists in h3.

Grifball wasn't permanent in H3, neither was Tactical or MLG FFA.

H3 Playlists were far, far from perfect.

And I agree...but how has it hurt this game? If anything, the thing that has hurt the game has been lack of UGC, not tons of niche community modes.

I'm not saying UGC as a whole hurts the game. One of my biggest beefs with 343 was not having Infection ready for Forge's launch. The tools need to be there for the community to utilize and unite over, but the content needs to be handled in the right way.

I downvoted because it was a completely different conversation and you just said it to try and start shit.

And you fell for it lol. i wouldn't wrote that comment if 343 knew what the hell they

were doing.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

UGC needs to be a bigger part of halo. There wont be a lack of content, really ever, if the community makes it 100x faster than 343.

We need AI in Forge.

No offense, but so glad you don't make any decisions. Warzone is way more popular and is the way most FPS are heading. (Free content, big battles, use what you want, funds arena so it doesn't die (free stuff+hcs funding)). What your proposing would make sure Halo 6 is the least successful Halo.

Devs trying to make the game more "popular" and following trends has been ruining Halo games for years.  Warzone+Req is just another gimmick to me.  I just want pure unadulterated Halo.  They tried to do some battlefield hybrid and it is just a complete mess and completely unbalanced shit.   If I want to play battlefield, I will go play battlefield.  They don't have to ruin Halo to do so.     Big team is there for a purpose and if you like big battles it should have been the avenue.   Not this gimmick the invented to make money off Reqs.

• Upvote (+1) 6

What are you talking about?!? Have you not played Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo Reach infection? It was JUST Shotgun/Pistol starts. Autos, and DMR are OP as fuck in infection.

So the .4 second killtime gun is OP as fuck, but the .001 second killtime gun is fine...ok. The pickups have barely any ammo. I'm convinced you bitch just to bitch at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Have you not played Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo Reach infection? It was JUST Shotgun/Pistol starts

H2 Pistol = H5 Pistol

Correct

• Upvote (+1) 1

The best Infection maps of all time have revolved around the Spartans camping one area and trying to hold off the zombies. Power weapons and map movement isn't really necessary. Foundation in Halo 2 and that house Foundry map in Halo 3 are the most memorable to me at least. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Catch 22

Not enough population so you cannot support varied mm. No varied mm so you cannot draw large population.

I think the latter is more important than the former. 343 can do so much to make the population bigger, but they don't. It's a shame. 

Devs trying to make the game more "popular" and following trends has been ruining Halo games for years.  Warzone+Req is just another gimmick to me.  I just want pure unadulterated Halo.  They tried to do some battlefield hybrid and it is just a complete mess and completely unbalanced shit.   If I want to play battlefield, I will go play battlefield.  They don't have to ruin Halo to do so.     Big team is there for a purpose and if you like big battles it should have been the avenue.   Not this gimmick the invented to make money off Reqs.

I'm not sure what Warzone has to do with following trends tbh... I can't think of many popular shooters which involve simultaneous AI and PvP combat. Warzone is an awesome mode and really helps integrate the universe into the game (all those enemies don't go to waste). Warzone doesn't even play anything close to battlefield. So I'm not sure if you've ever played Battlefield before.

I'm still trying to understand how having a fun new game mode with some awesome maps, and methods to individually call what you want (instead of getting betrayed for the nth time in BtB by some prick who wanted the sniper first) and play how you want affects you in any way.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But wasn't the decrease in population due to the fact that a lot of the UGC wasn't supported?

That is a fallacy, most of UGC in Halo3 happened way into the game lifespan, hell foundry was released free loke 7 months into the game. The core experience (snipers, slayers, ffa, team objective, social) was good, all the niche playlists were added later into the line.

No offense, but so glad you don't make any decisions. Warzone is way more popular and is the way most FPS are heading. (Free content, big battles, use what you want, funds arena so it doesn't die (free stuff+hcs funding)). What your proposing would make sure Halo 6 is the least successful Halo.

So, are you honestly suggesting that they couldn't accomplish these same things with a REQ-type system "big battles" (and pointlessly big maps) that that are actually good? I'm fine with f2p-type mechanics when they're done well and f2p Halo multiplayer could actually be a big boon for the series, but you seem to be suggesting that they couldn't do it better. I disagree. Honestly, Warzone sucks and the huge amount of resources spent developing it and its ridiculous sandbox of stupid weapons and vehicles could have been spent far better.

Imagine, for example, if they invested those resources into thoughtful, high quality BTB (12v12 BTB, anyone?) and PvE options, instead of outsourcing one to forge and tacking the other on to the mediocre at best PvE foundation of Warzone. This could also have the added bonus of not completely segregating shit loads of content and features to that one gametype only. They might also have some resources left over to get core Halo modes like Oddball in the game at launch.

• Upvote (+1) 4

...aste). Warzone doesn't even play anything close to battlefield. So I'm not sure if you've ever played Battlefield before.

snip

I will not disagree with you, Battlefield is actually balanced and fun.

However, it doesn't take rocket appliances to see that battlefield is obviously an inspiration for Borezone.  It's basically conquest without spawning in on on squad members, but with power ups and POINTLESS AI added in.

If they made Snipers spawn more often in Big Team and gave us a utility weapon that could defend against it at long ranges, your last pathetic excuse for Warzone would also not be an issue.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I will not disagree with you, Battlefield is actually balanced and fun.

However, it doesn't take rocket appliances to see that battlefield is obviously an inspiration for Borezone.  It's basically conquest without spawning in on on squad members, but with power ups and POINTLESS AI added in.

If they made Snipers spawn more often in Big Team and gave us a utility weapon that could defend against it at long ranges, your last pathetic excuse for Warzone would also not be an issue.

What, the only similarity being its a big map with large teams? There are vast differences between Warzone and BF, no destructibility, calling in anything you want whenever you want, AI combat, team bases etc... Vehicles don't even work the same way as BF.

Also lets just say that yeah it is a copy of battlefield, then how does that serve your original argument one bit? How is that "following trends" and trying to be "popular"? Since when was Battlefield the trend setter? I thought Halo is now copying COD?

I'm not too big a fan of warzone, it's something to fill the time in for me every 20 matches, or a warm up, much prefer BTB. But I know for a fact that 3/4 of my friends who play/played Halo 5, have most of their time dedicated on Warzone.

Edit: TIL Big maps with big teams means copying Battlefield... unless Bungie made it then its fine (BTB objective games).

• Upvote (+1) 1

So, are you honestly suggesting that they couldn't accomplish these same things with a REQ-type system "big battles" (and pointlessly big maps) that that are actually good? I'm fine with f2p-type mechanics when they're done well and f2p Halo multiplayer could actually be a big boon for the series, but you seem to be suggesting that they couldn't do it better. I disagree. Honestly, Warzone sucks and the huge amount of resources spent developing it and its ridiculous sandbox of stupid weapons and vehicles could have been spent far better.

Warzone is the most popular thing about Halo 5, this greater collective obviously doesn't think it blows and people enjoy "ridiculous sandbox of stupid weapons and vehicles". I play the same kids over and over in Arena, its pretty obvious most people chill in Warzone.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I am in love with this game again the aiming feels so much better now its dramatic how much BETTER it feels now. how 343 decided default sens were good beats me smh

so whats good with the adjustable horizontal/vertical sensitivities now?  I thought I heard somewhere that having them the same is similar to older halos, anyone try it?

@@Erra what are you playing on?

"... But I know for a fact that 3/4 of my friends who play/played Halo 5, have most of their time dedicated on Warzone."

And I think that really sucks for the future of Halo.

so whats good with the adjustable horizontal/vertical sensitivities now?  I thought I heard somewhere that having them the same is similar to older halos, anyone try it?

It allows you sensitivity 2 be proper rather half of each axis for some reason, playing this game lately you could always tell there was something wrong with the aiming, previously upping your sens didnt solve this issue either

So the .4 second killtime gun is OP as fuck, but the .001 second killtime gun is fine...ok. The pickups have barely any ammo. I'm convinced you bitch just to bitch at this point.

How is this different vs the older Halo's?

• Upvote (+1) 1

"... But I know for a fact that 3/4 of my friends who play/played Halo 5, have most of their time dedicated on Warzone."

And I think that really sucks for the future of Halo.

I just want to understand how all of this fits into your original argument of 343 copying the popular games and trends out there, because last I checked it was COD, Destiny, Division etc... leading that massive popularity crowd, not battlefield.