CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So I need to go through Halo Nightfall to DL the game, or will they officially release a download page for it?

its supposed to show up under the Extras tab in MCC, but as of 20 mins ago, that was selectable.

@@Moa keeps beating me to all of the replies lol

Can't watch Nightfall. Keep saying I need to buy MCC.

did you put in the code that came with your game?

anyone else having problems getting nightfall to play? the episodes play for 5 seconds and then a message pops up that says the content cannot be played

Do you have a capture card connected?

yeah i do. i didn't even think about that. thanks dude!

No worries. A lot of the content is DRM protected :/

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD HALO 5 THROUGH MCC RIGHT NOW GUYS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there any Halo forum that isn't overly positive like /r/Halo but also isn't overly negative like here? It seems like you have to pick one or the other, there is no in between. 

Is there any Halo forum that isn't overly positive like /r/Halo but also isn't overly negative like here? It seems like you have to pick one or the other, there is no in between. 

It's constructive criticism.  There is no safe zone.

Also downloading as we speak!

Good luck finding anything else. You either hang out with the apologists or the realists.

Why does it feel like I never download anything when I boot up my bone? Is there a way to know if my xbox did it already?

Go to My Games & Apps and if the tile has an orange on it, it has updated.

67% and counting. You can pin it to home so I'd imagine that you can launch it without launching MCC, like the early access version. Just in case you have to restart it as often as MCC I was really scared that I'd have to start MCC every fucking time. Would really suck going: Quit the build -> Start MCC -> Start H5 Beta.

It's honestly just this thread. This thread is one of the worst I've ever seen on TB.

Waypoint is pretty in the middle as far as I'm concerned. The only sites I've seen where it's nothing but praise for 343 are the Halofollower site, 343industries.org, and Haloarchive.

If there's any reason for this site being mostly negative about Halo multiplayer, it's due to the terrible decisions 343 have consistently made.

67% and counting. You can pin it to home so I'd imagine that you can launch it without launching MCC, like the early access version. Just in case you have to restart it as often as MCC I was really scared that I'd have to start MCC every fucking time. Would really suck going: Quit the build -> Start MCC -> Start H5 Beta.

you can launch it without going through MCC

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only reasons automatics have generally been viewed as 'unskillful' is because they've historically had a large spread range, which has allowed players to deal out damage to opponents even if their aim is not very good.

IF automatics have a tight, consistent spead, and IF the ratio of headshot damage to body damage were large (the amount of headshot damage is much greater than the amount of body damage), you can have automatics that rewards aiming skill (I know those are big 'IF's, and the current weapons don't quite meet those standards). 

I'd like to see them take an overall approach of creating a reasonable gap between optimal and average kill time, and apply that approach to automatic weapons.

I'm still not a fan of making an automatic into a utility weapon, but I'm happy with the general direction they're taking automatic weapons. 

Being able to take someone out before they have a chance to react is only a bad thing if it's too easy to pull off.  A quick kill time (even with an automatic) is perfectly fine, as long as aim assist is low and accurate aiming is a rewarded (headshot bonus).  In fact, a player SHOULD be able to take out an opponent before they can react, IF (yep, another one of those, lol) the amount of skill required to do so is relatively high.  That's exactly how you create a skill gap.

I don't think zooming should change the gun though. When you zoom the spread goes away completely, if the first like 5 bullets were accurate than the rest would bloom out, I would be fine scoping on automatics. That promotes control at mid range, currently you can just unload on somebody at range with an ar because it has no spread while aiming. Scoping should never change the weapon properties. Ever.

I didnt had a niche, since even at close range a BRing player would always win, hell when was the last time u picked an AR when u had BR. Now the BR will always win at mid-long ranged, and at close range if u miss a shot you will lose.

This is simply false. You must not have played at a high level. In both h1 and h3 the AR is used reguarly for it has the highest DPS within its niche.

what time will we be able to boot this up and start breaking this game?

According to Josh Holmes, 9am PST.

My connection so confusing.

It takes 3 days to download a MCC update but this big as beta is downloading pretty fast.

Well, this is like 1/7th of MCC plus there won't be as many people trying to preload H5 Beta right now as there was for the MCC preload.

Well, this is like 1/7th of MCC plus there won't be as many people trying to preload H5 Beta right now as there was for the MCC preload.

He means MCC patch not full game on Release date.