CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Just realised we have a Breakout, Griffball, SWAT and FFA SWAT playlist. An Infection playlist soon as well.

But we can't have Doubles? Common.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just realised we have a Breakout, Griffball, SWAT and FFA SWAT playlist. An Infection playlist soon as well.

But we can't have Doubles? Common.

Doubles will take the FFA SWAT slot when it comes.

Empire CTF/STRONGHOLDS:

• Storm Rifles removed and replaced with Boltshots

Sweet jesus, fuck yes.

Good shit 343.

Wait, doubles will be rotational?  

I don't see why it wouldn't be.

I just assumed with all of the testing on custom made forge maps for doubles it would have been permanent. 

Never assume anything with 343. it will only lead to disappointment ​NEVER FORGET THE FALCON

Damn it was hoping for some updates or at least acknowledgements on radar and/or autos.

Autos have been reduced and there are arguments to keep radar in, simple as that.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Autos have been reduced and there are arguments to keep radar in, simple as that.

Never going to ever understand why motion-tracking radar needs to be enabled in a team-based FPS game.

Counter-strike's radar I can get. Basically, when you or teammate see an enemy (and you have to be looking at them directly to my understanding), your minimap will show an enemy dot...and I get this because not everyone plays with a mic and not everyone wants to hear jibber jabber on their speakers.

MOTION-BASED RADAR COMPLETELY NEGATES THE INTEGRITY OF A TEAM-BASED FPS.

• Upvote (+1) 5

In preparing for these changes, it is important for us to involve you, the players, in as many ways as possible, which is why beginning today, you will actually become part of the feedback process by playing through and giving feedback on a variety of potential adjustments currently live in the Team Arena Summer Preview playlist.

:) You're welcome.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Some naive, optimistic hope that 343 would do something both significant and rational with their playlist management instead of relegating a core Halo playlist to the same rotation as goofy bullshit like Super Fiesta? Yeah. You're probably right, though. It will be around for one week, and then we'll go into another two weeks of Rocket Party.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Like, would you introduce yourself in any other setting as "nick, or posiedon"?

Poseidon is lord of the motherfucking ocean. Who wouldn't want to be lord of the ocean?

In answer to your question, when I play with Team Beyonders, I introduce myself as Shekkles and they call me Shekkles. That's who I am in-game, and I'm ok with that. 

Remember that when you're playing a game, you're usually playing as a character, not as yourself. Halo for example, you play as Master Chief. In multiplayer you play as a customisable spartan. I don't look like a Spartan in real life, and I certainly don't have bright orange battle armour. So while I'm pretending to be someone else, why not choose a new name or identifier? It's the beauty of games. I play games for escapism and to do that I make an alternative name for how I'm identified when doing that.

Why doesn't everyone (including yourself) have a photo of themselves as their avatar? Same reason. It's how we choose to be represented online. 

Arguments to keep the radar in? What a joke. 

There are arguments in favor of all kinds of stupid shit, doesn't mean we should listen to them.

no we we need to listen to them, how else do you expect me to make fun of how stupid they are if I'm not listening?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

There are arguments to keep radar in, but I also think they are very weak compared to the reasons to take it out.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can't remember now; did that still have ordinance drops and railguns on the maps still? Those things broke doubles in that game.

No, it was no radar, BR only start, no OD's and most of the maps didn't have the stupid gimmicky weapons.  

:) You're welcome.

mTDAydc.png

Not the first time 343 has introduced a test playlist :P

I have a question 

What drives some of you guys to have gamertags that have nothing to do with your own name or real identity? Doesn't it feel a little strange/childish to have people knowing you by this alter ego type name?

My first GT was cooke, it is in no relation to my actual name.  It was a character from a movie that my buddy and I use to like so I thought "why not".

My first choice for GT was simply Rick, but it was already taken. I didn't want Rick235241253 or anything like that, so I went with cooke.

I am 99% sure I will never meet anyone in person that I've met on XBL, so if my real name isnt used who cares?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am 99% sure I will never meet anyone in person that I've met on XBL, so if my real name isnt used who cares?

Pretty much how I see it as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

First time on in 4 days and the server connections seem a lot better. My internet is actually doing worse then it was before since it's raining so idk if I'm just getting lucky or they actually fixed the server connection.