CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You ain't got the juice like that. 

Apple juice, brah. Ain't got enough of that.

Because you're bad

So you are both a BK and a hypocrite

Not as bad as you. You and your shit teammates. One game on Torque and we were beaten by Platinum/Diamond players. Better feel bad.

I do, but I'm also good at Arena. I just never bother playing, anymore. :P

Sounds like a scrub to me.

Long post.

Appreciate the effort in that long post, but everything you've just described is completely subjective and something a lot of long term fans (myself included) felt was a slap in the face for the natural direction of the base Halo games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Jesus, you're not even trying to be objective. You're just totally ignoring the points of the other side. "I hate it for xyz, anybody who enjoyed it is wrong and i don't care because they're the minority".

Except there are people in this thread condescendingly looking down on our opinions that Halo 4 is bad just because they think it's because we're Halo fans that were expecting a Halo game.

No. It's bad, period. It is a mess of ideas that do not work regardless of what kind of game you like. We don't constantly talk about how bad Halo 4 is because it's in the Halo series. There are fundamental issues that they put in the game that do not work with Halo's core concepts yet they mashed them together anyway.

Jesus, what website am I on?

• Upvote (+1) 7

Anyone else exited for the new update? Really hoping the sensitivity update makes aiming feel great again.

yes, i'm dying to grind some more REQs, can't wait to play the new playlist called infection, its going to be awesome.

I do agree with you it's very simple and repetitive when you listen to it on its own. But for me the first time I heard Arrival was when I played the last section of the last mission of Halo 4, and honesty it's meld's BRILLIANTLY with whats actually going on on an emotional level. In general Halo 4's music hit a different tone than previous Halo's did. Thats why I really enjoy Halo 5's OST because it blends this style with the older Halo's, and we get a whole array of different musical tones to accompany the campaign. 

The only other sound tracks I liked was 117( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzIJV8XrCEIto Halo 5 in the remix really well) and Lasky (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWm-a5Pdfhs ) Did you enjoy those?

The point you made about the drums not sounding real is a very interesting one, and its a major problem I feel Halo 4 has in regards to sound design, and I really don't know how to explain it. There was a very artificial "weird" feel to a lot of the sound effects, plasma pistol, battle rifle etc... all sounded really messed up and non-existent. I really don't know what it is.

If I had to compare Halo 4's overall soundtrack to previous Halo's, only a couple of them would be able to stand up. But in comparison games in general, I feel it's like in the top crowd.

To be frank, as someone with a music background, the reason Arrival was so effective for a lot of people is that it follows the most stock standard, cliche, generic, other adjectives that indicate it's been overplayed, "epic" 4 chord progression I could possibly imagine. It's the 4 chord pop song of emotional story climax and takes heavy cues from the Hans Zimmer school of indistinguishably similar film scores. And then on top of that it adds a complete lack of rhythmic interest, incredibly simplistic melodic/harmonic development, and the OST arrangement goes on for 5 and a half minutes. Davidge throws in a few key changes to really shake things up (sarcasm), but overall, I can't stand that track. By comparison, 117 (the best piece on the OST) has more going on in its melody alone. Triplets? What?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Apple juice, brah. Ain't got enough of that.

Not as bad as you. You and your shit teammates. One game on Torque and we were beaten by Platinum/Diamond players. Better feel bad.

Because y'all were constantly on my back the whole game

Next time actually go positive and we'll get the W :P

LMFAO @ making crouch walking faster. People are asking for no radar and this is what these destroyers of halo did instead. I feel sorry for anyone still playing this shit.

I think I feel even more sorry for people who come on forums to trash people who still play a game that they apparently don't care about for months  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Except there are people in this thread condescendingly looking down on our opinions that Halo 4 is bad just because they think it's because we're Halo fans that were expecting a Halo game.

No. It's bad, period. It is a mess of ideas that do not work regardless of what kind of game you like. We don't constantly talk about how bad Halo 4 is because it's in the Halo series. There are fundamental issues that they put in the game that do not work with Halo's core concepts yet they mashed them together anyway.

Jesus, what website am I on?

I've had no problems with people calling Halo 4 bad, nor do I somehow believe that Halo 4 is an amazing game, yet alone a Halo game. Throughout my posts I just pointed out the good bits about it which I liked. The negatives have all been discussed to death and generally agreed upon (MP, mechanics, mission design), whatever else is left (story, music, production values, graphics) are subjective or fact (fact: it's one of the best looking games of last gen). The people who are looking down are not looking down on people who say they don't like halo 4, or how they hated it as a Halo entry, they're looking down at comments where people purposely write boring, melodramatic and non useful posts ("why should I debate it intelligently" "its the biggest piece of shit" etc...).

You want to call it bad, thats your choice, I found it enjoyable and it was worth the money I paid in terms of content and value. I wouldn't rate it that high in my top halo games, probably near the bottom. Just pointing out the hyperbolic statements such as "its the worst game on Earth" or "its a piece of shit" is, well... hyperbolic and a un-objective.

Also people were talking about whether or not it would be a good game without the Halo, and I gave my opinion on that as well. Keep up with the conversation if you're going to single out one of my posts out of context :)

Anyways enough Halo 4 talk from me, was just giving my opinion.

Edit: You know what, it's not worth it. I've been down this road too many times, some people just can't accept that subjective opinions aren't facts. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Infection looks alright, its not the classic Infection and honestly I'm not a fan of Tier 2/Tier 3 weapons on map. 

I would honestly prefer Shotgun/Magnum starts with no weapons on map. Having AR/Shotgun and just sprinting towards power weapons doesn't feel right for Infection, IMO.

EDIT: Noticed no-one has shared the video, I don't know if people know so I'm just gonna share it here and tag a bunch of people and see what's up.

@@CyReN @@Clicked @@Saucey

HOLY SHIT EVERYONE

We're all guilty of wording our opinions as fact. It's the internet. I have yet to see ONE person on this forum not do this from time to time and accusing others of it is hypocritical.

Can we all talk about Halo now and end this.. ..hehe.. ..Civil WarTM? (I'm so sorry I had to).

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've had no problems with people calling Halo 4 bad, nor do I somehow believe that Halo 4 is an amazing game, yet alone a Halo game. Throughout my posts I just pointed out the good bits about it which I liked. The negatives have all been discussed to death and generally agreed upon (MP, mechanics, mission design), whatever else is left (story, music, production values, graphics) are subjective or fact (fact: it's one of the best looking games of last gen). The people who are looking down are not looking down on people who say they don't like halo 4, or how they hated it as a Halo entry, they're looking down at comments where people purposely write boring, melodramatic and non useful posts ("why should I debate it intelligently" "its the biggest piece of shit" etc...).

You want to call it bad, thats your choice, I found it enjoyable and it was worth the money I paid in terms of content and value. I wouldn't rate it that high in my top halo games, probably near the bottom. Just pointing out the hyperbolic statements such as "its the worst game on Earth" or "its a piece of shit" is, well... hyperbolic and a un-objective.

Also people were talking about whether or not it would be a good game without the Halo, and I gave my opinion on that as well. Keep up with the conversation if you're going to single out one of my posts out of context :)

Anyways enough Halo 4 talk from me, was just giving my opinion.

No dude, I'm giving you context to Cooper's post and his annoyance over this topic with Meanbean, who is erroneously stating that it was not well received partly because it had the Halo title. Follow their thread.

You're acting like he is dismissive yet all he was doing was responding to someone who made a dismissive statement that people quit it because it wasn't like other Halo games and that it had high competition and so it wasn't really that bad.

It being a Halo title certainly didn't help but it wasn't one of the leading factors at all. Halo fans have lapped up radically different playing Haloes with each sequel. Reach was the biggest departure and people still played it. Halo 4 was different AND so bad that 90% of the playerbase quit almost immediately. Saying that's just how it is and modern games have a lot of competition is a poor argument too because Reach is fairly recent and had hundreds of thousands of people playing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

HOLY SHIT EVERYONE

We're all guilty of wording our opinions as fact. It's the internet. I have yet to see ONE person on this forum not do this from time to time and accusing others of it is hypocritical.

Can we all talk about Halo now and end this.. ..hehe.. ..Civil WarTM? (I'm so sorry I had to).

Halo 5s aiming is broken :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Infection looks alright, its not the classic Infection and honestly I'm not a fan of Tier 2/Tier 3 weapons on map.

I would honestly prefer Shotgun/Magnum starts with no weapons on map. Having AR/Magnum and just sprinting towards power weapons doesn't feel right for Infection, IMO.

EDIT: Noticed no-one has shared the video, I don't know if people know so I'm just gonna share it here and tag a bunch of people and see what's up.

@@CyReN @@Clicked @@Saucey

https://youtu.be/YI50i2LLxWo

That video shows AR shotgun starts though.

HOLY SHIT EVERYONE

Can we all talk about Halo 5 now and end this.. ..hehe.. ..Civil WarTM? (I'm so sorry I had to).

I'm not complaining about people wording their opinions as fact, I'm talking about people straight up claiming their opinion is fact and that you're wrong if you disagree.
  • Downvote (-1) 4

One of my biggest annoyances with Halo 5 (apart from the complete lack of incentive for re-playing campaign and challenges) are the maps. Like there are so many great assets and designs COMPLETELY un-used in multiplayer. WHY, I don't understand this, there has to be a reason because the assets are there. Sunaion and Sanghelios.

This makes me think, should Halo 6 follow the Reach system, where many of the multiplayer maps were featured in the campaign? I'm assuming this was done to cut costs? I don't exactly remember how fans found that and I didn't really have much of an opinion on it, but honestly if it means we get a greater variety of maps, I'm all for it.

How did Audley, the colonel grade 8 thousand master theory kid who had head scratching btb opinions become an esports analyst?

You don't have to be super MLG pro to have a good understanding of a game. See: nearly every sports analyst on ESPN, CBS Sports, etc

Edit: You know what, it's not worth it. I've been down this road too many times, some people just can't accept that subjective opinions aren't facts.

I'm sorry man but you literally have the wrong opinion.

I'm not even kidding lol.

• Downvote (-1) 2

You don't have to be super MLG pro to have a good understanding of a game. See: nearly every sports analyst on ESPN, CBS Sports, etc

Correct but imagine you took a guy who's best strength in soccer and then told him to make suggestions for a game like baseball

I respect @@TiberiusAudley for what he does but I think him being more inclined to BTB style gameplay isn't the best route for 4v4 competitive if ya feel me

When you still waiting for the HeH tip video

Different video, but same

(also I had a clever gif, but i don't know how to post it, anyone know how to help a brother out)