CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So you'd rather have a completely shitty company running Halo than one that will put out some garbage and some good stuff?

Destiny may have been a disappointment but at least the game WORKS lol. If Bungie was still at the helm there's no way MCC would still be shit. It would have been fixed within a month even if it was partially broken at launch. I'm sure Bungie cares more about preserving the Halo legacy than 343 did. Bungie quit because they didn't want to run Halo into the ground. 343 gives no fucks whatsoever about Halo, they only care about money.

MCC aside, at least 343 is trending upwards.  Bungie got progressively worse, by design.  343 bumbles around and makes inexcusable mistakes, but at least they improve.  I think we can all agree that if we're talking strictly gameplay, Halo 5 is quite a bit better than Vanilla at-launch Reach.  Or at least I would hope so.  Given Bungie's trend from H1 all the way to vanilla Reach, can you imagine how bad their next Halo's gameplay would have been?

It'd be nice if we could get 343 to design the gameplay and the esports side, and let Bungie handle absolutely everything else.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

343, with CoD Series imploding atm, its time to return to halo's roots. No abilities, no nonsense.Just give us our Halo CE,2 Gameplay and you will dominate the market.

COD, and Halo fanbases are clearly getting upset at these games alienating their roots. Innovation is welcoming, but not at the price of what made the game great in the first place.

Must've loved playing on Stasis in Reach, or using weapon skins in Reach, too. 

What's stasis? 

COD, and Halo fanbases are clearly getting upset at these games alienating their roots. Innovation is welcoming, but not at the price of what made the game great in the first place.

The difference is that Halo is in a dead genre "Arena FPS".
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Well, every game I played tonight must've been on Asian servers because those were the trashiest connections I have ever played on. I don't get why a multi-billion dollar company doesn't put more effort into the "competitive" half of the game. I played one game of Warzone and the connection was FLAWLESS. WHY IS THERE SUCH A DIFFERENCE?

Well, every game I played tonight must've been on Asian servers because those were the trashiest connections I have ever played on. I don't get why a multi-billion dollar company doesn't put more effort into the "competitive" half of the game. I played one game of Warzone and the connection was FLAWLESS. WHY IS THERE SUCH A DIFFERENCE?

"The 343 industries, our most ignorant devs, used the over 1000 sacred REQ's to flee their doomed Sales, to escape their endless struggle against the Population." :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

MCC aside, at least 343 is trending upwards.  Bungie got progressively worse, by design.  343 bumbles around and makes inexcusable mistakes, but at least they improve.  I think we can all agree that if we're talking strictly gameplay, Halo 5 is quite a bit better than Vanilla at-launch Reach.  Or at least I would hope so.  Given Bungie's trend from H1 all the way to vanilla Reach, can you imagine how bad their next Halo's gameplay would have been?

It'd be nice if we could get 343 to design the gameplay and the esports side, and let Bungie handle absolutely everything else.

Must've loved playing on Stasis in Reach, or using weapon skins in Reach, too. 

Just a heads up. When I press both of your youtube links it says the youtube channel doesn't exist. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just a heads up. When I press both of your youtube links it says the youtube channel doesn't exist.

Known for a while, don't know how to fix it. Just gonna put a notice up sometime saying to just search the name, rather than click it.

The more I play this game the more I realize its more about getting a weapon thats either much easier (BR>Pistol) or way stronger (SR/SMG>AR) and pushing people off spawn than gun skill.

The fast movement, radar and huge amount of CQC encounters make it even worse.

Also just realized FFA ranking depends on kills, if you get 5th with 22 kills you'll get like 10 CSR, if you get 3rd with 12 kills you'll go down. Dumb.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The more I play this game the more I realize its more about getting a weapon thats either much easier (BR>Pistol) or way stronger (SR/SMG>AR) and pushing people off spawn than gun skill.

Took you 7 months to figure that out ;)
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Took you 7 months to figure that out ;)

I mostly played Warzone, thats way more like traditional Halo. Bad part is only 4 maps and they are massive so its boring AF.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Destiny may have been a disappointment but at least the game WORKS lol. If Bungie was still at the helm there's no way MCC would still be shit. It would have been fixed within a month even if it was partially broken at launch. I'm sure Bungie cares more about preserving the Halo legacy than 343 did. Bungie quit because they didn't want to run Halo into the ground. 343 gives no fucks whatsoever about Halo, they only care about money.

Bungoboi confirmed. The constant major shifts in gameplay between titles and irrevocably asinine design decisions (random BR, horribly ineffective weapon sandboxes, etc.) lead me to believe that they were bored with Halo from very early on.

If 343 does another radical shift in gameplay for H6, then I'll eat my words. But it seems like iteration from here on out will be what comes to the series, not reinventing the wheel everytime a new game comes out.

The only benefit I can give to Bungie is that they had fantastic engineers as is evident of the stuff they did for Reach. Reach was a technical beast of a game and it's about the only positive I can give to that game outside of the MLG settings.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Really? 343 is trending upwards and Bungie is getting worse. That's certainly bold statement. Can you point me to the numbers/trends that indicate there's some truth to this statement? I'm not saying you are wrong, just have a hard time believing that anywhere close to true. I'd say Bungie is stronger on just about aspect of game development including art, game play, UI (this one isn't even up for debate), and certainly community involvement. To that add, Bunige would have never let MCC leave the building is the state it was at launch. 343 not only released it, but tried to say they couldn't have foreseen all the issues that were present until launch. And, then they just gave up on trying to fix the mess and moved on to Halo 5.

I'd say the reverse of your statement is more true, and I'm still at a loss why anyone would give 343 any more money via REQs to use for who know's what beside paying for tourney's. In my opinion, Halo's and Destiny that Bungie brought us are much complete, entertaining and fun games that anything I've played developed by 343. May your statement is true, but not in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I knew it! They were bots the whole time!

When it comes to 343 v bungie, bungie sucks now but they were decent when they were working on halo, you got working, complete experiences with great story, art and music in every game they made in the series, you also got a variety of playlists, they also allowed for a lot of player customization, and game type minipulation, and we got our own comp settings(I think), unlike now.

343 really hasn't beaten bungie in any regard, they're not "better" with feedback like some like to say, if anything they're about the same barring what they did with reach, the games they release seem to always have issues that hurt it significantly too, mcc being a pile of trash and h5 launching unfinished. Now when it comes to comp settings, they're now dictated by 343, and not the community, pretty much ensuring we won't see this game at its best. Artistically it's sub par, campaign wise it's short and dull in both h4 and 5 (although 5 is still pretty fun) in comparison, and the music, while good, is really generic.

If we're comparing companies generally, 343 isn't as bad as bungie is now, I mean destiny is a much more hollow game than halo 5 is, but if we're comparing the two devs time working on halo specifically, I gotta give it to bungie.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Bungoboi confirmed. The constant major shifts in gameplay between titles and irrevocably asinine design decisions (random BR, horribly ineffective weapon sandboxes, etc.) lead me to believe that they were bored

I don't agree with what they did with the h3 BR but it was clearly done for a reason. It's not like they were just fucking with shit because they were bored.

I'll also take a sandbox with underpowered weapons then a sandbox whose balancing for skill is beyond fucked.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Also just realized FFA ranking depends on kills, if you get 5th with 22 kills you'll get like 10 CSR, if you get 3rd with 12 kills you'll go down. Dumb.

I couldn't agree more with this.

MCC aside, at least 343 is trending upwards. Bungie got progressively worse, by design. 343 bumbles around and makes inexcusable mistakes, but at least they improve. I think we can all agree that if we're talking strictly gameplay, Halo 5 is quite a bit better than Vanilla at-launch Reach. Or at least I would hope so. Given Bungie's trend from H1 all the way to vanilla Reach, can you imagine how bad their next Halo's gameplay would have been?

Uh, Ya.

H4

• Upvote (+1) 6

I somewhat agree with the fact that if bungie did the MCC then it would be better than what we have but that's mostly taking into consideration a statement (rumor) I read off this site that said 343 didn't have access to the console source code which is why they used the pc ports.

Not sure how true that is but it does make sense for h2. Maybe for h1 they would have used the pc port anyway because the lack of online multiplayer on console.

Man oh man would it have been amazing if 343 somehow contracted the small group of players who have been digging at CE for decades, learning the code, making fixes and creating maps. Could you imagine them shipping the game with the halo 1.5 maps? Idk how they would be able to use the new maps legally, but that would be amazing. They marketed the PC maps as brand new never before seen on console, but they could have had some quality, exclusive maps that OG players and PC didn't have access to.

• Upvote (+1) 1