CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I tested the automatics in H5 and it's true that when zooming in, on the AR you get 0 spread. Your bullets are offset by recoil instead. It's still overpowered compared to hipfire because of the new headshot multiplier damage. You can sneak up on someone outside radar range and zoom in on them and get enough shots to make them unable to fight back. 

SMG is fine with its strength as a map pick-up. I think it could be buffed a bit accuracy-wise (tighter spread to hip fire), but it's very powerful still. I think the headshot damage and accuracy boost from smart scope needs to go though. It's the only thing that stood out as broken, and the pistol is weak in comparison to the AR. 343 said that if smart scope was more powerful than hip fire, then it was broken.

TL;DR - smart scope added accuracy and headshot damage on automatics need to go.

• Upvote (+1) 3

"Well people voted more for the Hydra so we really didn't really see the need to keep the old rocket launcher in the game, just look at poll it was very sided towards the Hydra"

2 months down the road 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I also am not sure why these automatics are being pushed to be a utlility weapon.. theyre inheriently less skillful and filled their niche in all past Halo games. In H1, H3, and 4, all good players would take out an AR at close range. That should be its only purpose, though. It shouldnt compete with the BR at midrange

• Upvote (+1) 1

So it's 10am PST and according to the beyond article we should be able to preload now but how are you supposed too preload the beta through the MCC or something because searching Halo 5 on Xbox.com comes up with nothing?

So it's 10am PST and according to the beyond article we should be able to preload now but how are you supposed too preload the beta through the MCC or something because searching Halo 5 on Xbox.com comes up with nothing?

Our article says the 28th, just like Josh Holmes' said. 

28th, 10AM PST. That's tomorrow.

At some point tomorrow, the Halo 5 option under the Extras menu in MCC should become available. 

"Well people voted more for the Hydra so we really didn't really see the need to keep the old rocket launcher in the game, just look at poll it was very sided towards the Hydra"

2 months down the road

"no need to have weapons whose roles overlap"

*cough* half of H5's sandbox *cough*

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"no need to have weapons whose roles overlap"

*cough* half of H5's sandbox *cough*

That's basically every game since Halo 2.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Our article says the 28th, just like Josh Holmes' said. 

28th, 10AM PST. That's tomorrow.

At some point tomorrow, the Halo 5 option under the Extras menu in MCC should become available. 

Ah my bad must of misread it though I still hope they would explain how to preload the beta since usually would go to the games page but since Halo 5 doesn't have on yet.

I also am not sure why these automatics are being pushed to be a utlility weapon.. theyre inheriently less skillful and filled their niche in all past Halo games. In H1, H3, and 4, all good players would take out an AR at close range. That should be its only purpose, though. It shouldnt compete with the BR at midrange

They're not really being pushed as utility weapons, they're just being tested. Each week of the beta is going to have a different starting weapon.

The only reasons automatics have generally been viewed as 'unskillful' is because they've historically had a large spread range, which has allowed players to deal out damage to opponents even if their aim is not very good.

IF automatics have a tight, consistent spead, and IF the ratio of headshot damage to body damage were large (the amount of headshot damage is much greater than the amount of body damage), you can have automatics that rewards aiming skill (I know those are big 'IF's, and the current weapons don't quite meet those standards). 

I'd like to see them take an overall approach of creating a reasonable gap between optimal and average kill time, and apply that approach to automatic weapons.

I'm still not a fan of making an automatic into a utility weapon, but I'm happy with the general direction they're taking automatic weapons. 

Being able to take someone out before they have a chance to react is only a bad thing if it's too easy to pull off.  A quick kill time (even with an automatic) is perfectly fine, as long as aim assist is low and accurate aiming is a rewarded (headshot bonus).  In fact, a player SHOULD be able to take out an opponent before they can react, IF (yep, another one of those, lol) the amount of skill required to do so is relatively high.  That's exactly how you create a skill gap.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I didnt had a niche, since even at close range a BRing player would always win, hell when was the last time u picked an AR when u had BR. Now the BR will always win at mid-long ranged, and at close range if u miss a shot you will lose.

So, you can't stabilize unless you are scoped in. Even if you have auto stabilize off, you will have to be scoped in AND hold the sprint button.

The only thing I actually like seeing is the thruster. If we could get Sprint out of the game (not holding my breath), get flinch out because it's stupid, and change how Smart scope works for automatics (and how it looks for EVERY WEAPON EVER), then I wouldn't mind it so much.

I don't like clamber, but the maps are already designed with it. I don't like ground pound, because it's kind of stupid. And I don't like stabilizers, because it's really stupid. But honestly, I could probably tolerate all of that until Halo 6. Not that I still won't call it all as-stupid-as-armor-lock, of course.

Won't really matter much to me, though. Real life shit is about to go down for the next two years, and I don't really plan on buying any games if I can help it in that time.

• Upvote (+1) 3

COD still has a population.

By sex addiction I mean I fuck the Halo fanbase, all the time.

Need a crowd to begin with.

Is it a bad thing that I'm pretty much only reading this thread for the epic zingers at this point?

• Upvote (+1) 4

COD still has a population.

ether.

edit:

clamber is just as bad as sprint. maybe worse as it creates NEW movement options. Plus it helps you if you screw up a jump. It's ******** really. Don't know who thought it'd be a good idea to make Halo into a parkour game