CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So no changes to the AR, SMG, and the aimbot Sniper Rifle in the "weapon balance update"? Cool, I'm sure I'll notice the improvement in gameplay with the changes to the Fuel Rod.

• Upvote (+1) 8

h3a should just be a MCC dlc

new map called Stasis is coming. Hopefully it's not shit

We really need Extraction back. please

• Upvote (+1) 2

So this is one of those old "it works for me, so the game is fine" moments?

I'd welcome H3A because MCC doesn't work for everyone.

Don't think I said that, nope. You asked says who, I told you it was working for me and the other people I matched. I highly doubt they'll waste time with H3A when MCC is capable of doing what it was meant to.

What region are you from again? Most times these days, it's a population thing. 

Another good looking map that probably deserves to be in a playlist somewhere but probably won't.

It's called White Cell. Props to Chronmeister

23349-e1cb70b15df4c1b5bfc9a677c65c696e.j

23345-3ecffa05e232b9748ac5ed2e8bf88a31.j

23341-5b3f7f39927c55768dd1300b0e7363e8.j

Literally said wow out loud, looks AMAZING. Hopefully they are still working on that forge playlist...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been playing around with outer deadzone.  I had it on 0% until yesterday.  That was a mistake.  Increasing outer deadzone definitely will improve the responsiveness of your inputs.  One of the problems I was having was that it felt like the small adjustments I'd try to make at mid-close would be ignored by the game, and I'd have to overcompensate.  Since increasing outer deadzone effectively condenses the look speed spectrum, my minor adjustments are easier to make.  If you haven't tried it yet, I would recommend it.  It still doesn't feel right, but it feels better.  I'm going to keep playing around with it and see if I can find something that feels truly right.

Also, I searched BTB solo today and actually got a game.  It's the first time it's happened in weeks.  Could be because it was prime time, but I'd like to think they made a ninja update.  It's not like it was skill matched very well.  There were several people in my games that were absolutely atrocious.  So hopefully it quit trying to match me based on MMR and it's functioning as a true social playlist now.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I've been playing around with outer deadzone.  I had it on 0% until yesterday.  That was a mistake.  Increasing outer deadzone definitely will improve the responsiveness of your inputs.  One of the problems I was having was that it felt like the small adjustments I'd try to make at mid-close would be ignored by the game, and I'd have to overcompensate.  Since increasing outer deadzone effectively condenses the look speed spectrum, my minor adjustments are easier to make.  If you haven't tried it yet, I would recommend it.  It still doesn't feel right, but it feels better.  I'm going to keep playing around with it and see if I can find something that feels truly right.

Also, I searched BTB solo today and actually got a game.  It's the first time it's happened in weeks.  Could be because it was prime time, but I'd like to think they made a ninja update.  It's not like it was skill matched very well.  There were several people in my games that were absolutely atrocious.  So hopefully it quit trying to match me based on MMR and it's functioning as a true social playlist now.

We gaming tonight bro. Need that 1337 analysis bro.

H3a should be campaign only. No multiplayer. $30, or $15 dlc if an MCC owner.

If they try and remake the multiplayer, it will end up in some disaster.

I also think because of the success (money wise) that H5 and it's REQs have been, 343 is more inclined to wait to release H6 in 2018.

I'd prefer 343 to focus mostly on Halo 6, hopefully in 2018, but giving us H3a campaign in 2017 to boost some sales and help bypass the time until H6.

Thrilling post, Coop. I had no idea.

Minus the quirks and issues that you run into in MCC these days, Halo 3 - both campaign and MP, is very much playable.

Correct, I found games in H3 last night in 10 seconds ... the only people who talk about not being able to find games are the same few people on the TB forums.  And it's definitely playable.  

Maybe the people who can't find games are searching at 2 p.m. on a Tuesday or live in Venezuela or something?  I dunno

• Downvote (-1) 9

I've been playing around with outer deadzone. I had it on 0% until yesterday. That was a mistake. Increasing outer deadzone definitely will improve the responsiveness of your inputs. One of the problems I was having was that it felt like the small adjustments I'd try to make at mid-close would be ignored by the game, and I'd have to overcompensate. Since increasing outer deadzone effectively condenses the look speed spectrum, my minor adjustments are easier to make. If you haven't tried it yet, I would recommend it. It still doesn't feel right, but it feels better. I'm going to keep playing around with it and see if I can find something that feels truly right.

What do you have yours at? I'm still not able to find a sense/dead zone combo im comfortable with.

I can't see much wrong with the pistol. I only ever switch it out if there's a BR close by. It's by far my favourite starting weapon since the H1 Pistol probably. I can see why some people would invite a buff, but it's not even close to being the number one problem with the game. 

I don't seem to die much from automatics either, and if I do, it's usually because i've rushed around a corner on my own with no awareness, - plays like that deserve to get melted by an SMG.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love this pistol too. It has a decently high skill gap, and it's satisfying to get kills with. But here are some of my biggest grievances with it:

- In gaming, it is logical to reward players more for doing something difficult, and less for doing something easy. The pistol as it is now, has a negligibly faster TTK than The BR, yet it's more difficult to use. I've witnessed BR VS Pistol double perfect trades, this fact makes the pistol redundant to say the least. The player with The Pistol should be rewarded with a kill, not a trade. What they did was more difficult.

- There are several groups of people that left Halo 5, of them:

Halo OGs that hate the relative strength of automatics.

Halo OGs that hate how easy it is to get away by using thruster pack.

A 4SK Pistol would put both the automatics, and the thruster pack in check. Thus bringing back players that are on a Halo hiatus.

I've noticed that in any gaming community, people tend to resent getting killed by powerful weapons, classes, builds, or tactics, that are simple or easy to obtain, utilize, and execute. They then become frustrated with the game, and contemplate playing something else.

The smart pistol in Titanfall

The Estoc in Dark Souls 3

Storm Rifle, Splinter Nades, and The Sniper Rifle in Halo 5

Armor Lock in Reach

Random Bullshit Ordinance drops in Halo 4

The list goes on, and on.

Rewarding players more for using automatics, than a skillful semi auto handgun with minimal aim assist is bound to cause issues.

This needs to stop, now.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I highly doubt they'll waste time with H3A when MCC is capable of doing what it was meant to. 

MCC is capable of doing what it was meant to. 

MCC is capable of doing what it was meant to. 

You are either very lucky that you experience a decent time on that game, or you're lying.

Regardless, H3A is a bad idea. Why? Take a look at what happened to H2A. It was a mess, a ghost of its former self. Can you imagine if we got an over-detailed Pit and a Battle Rifle that had Bloom alongside its random spread?

I can't imagine it going any other way with 343 and Certain Affinity's track record.

• Upvote (+1) 3

MCC they tried to give us the whole damn icecream shop without any power to keep the icecream cold.

That's a Grade A quote right there.

• Upvote (+1) 4

You are either very lucky that you experience a decent time on that game, or you're lying.

I mean it's Halo 3, it can only be so decent. 

I can load up MCC right now and play Halo 3 without any issues. Obviously the occasional game crash every so often but I have no issue playing the MP or Campaign.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Correct, I found games in H3 last night in 10 seconds ... the only people who talk about not being able to find games are the same few people on the TB forums. And it's definitely playable.

Maybe the people who can't find games are searching at 2 p.m. on a Tuesday or live in Venezuela or something? I dunno

Lol. I live in southern Ontario and i've tried searching on numerous occasions at all kinds of times with no success. I can't believe at this point. This far along in the shitstorm that is the MCC that we still have apologists. We still have people that will deny that for unknown reasons the game just does not function for some people.

Baffled.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Lol. I live in southern Ontario and i've tried searching on numerous occasions at all kinds of times with no success. I can't believe at this point. This far along in the shitstorm that is the MCC that we still have apologists. We still have people that will deny that for unknown reasons the game just does not function for some people.

Baffled.

Well, I'm not denying that the game has issues for some people. If the game was all fine and dandy for everyone, it wouldn't only be mentioned once every six months in the community updates.

The whole discussion sparked from Halo 3 Anniversary, how it does/doesn't need it, and if the Halo 3 in MCC is playable. For me, it is, for the people I'm matching it is, for the people I'm watching right now stream the game, it is. Every time I hop on and try to play Team Slayer, Halo 3 is usually picked the most. It's clear a lot of people like it and it's playable for them.

If you can't find games, that sucks, I wish I had a solution and I wish 343 had a fix. I don't think H3A is a fix, it'd be far simpler to just patch up whatever matchmaking issues remain in MCC and make it go on sale for a little bit. Fuck, bundle it with Halo Wars 2 pre-orders on the Xbox Store too. That'll at least get the population flowing and have a higher chance at successful matches.

EDIT: We should probably move this over to the MCC topic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Evidently every new map 343 creates costs them roughly 200k in dev costs. At least that is how they look at it. That is crazy. No wonder they do remixed maps. 

Evidently every new map 343 creates costs them roughly 200k in dev costs. At least that is how they look at it. That is crazy. No wonder they do remixed maps. 

How do they figure this? Source?

How do they figure this? Source?

I was going through some H5 twitch streams and popped into Ducain's to see what kind of forge maps he was creating. In response to someone in the chat, he said that while he was at 343 they told the Cartographers that the average map they create costs roughly 200k in dev costs. This factors in paying all the testers and art team members etc. I guess they told them to explain why they were doing community BTB maps. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well, I'm not denying that the game has issues for some people. If the game was all fine and dandy for everyone, it wouldn't only be mentioned once every six months in the community updates.

The whole discussion sparked from Halo 3 Anniversary, how it does/doesn't need it, and if the Halo 3 in MCC is playable. For me, it is, for the people I'm matching it is, for the people I'm watching right now stream the game, it is. Every time I hop on and try to play Team Slayer, Halo 3 is usually picked the most. It's clear a lot of people like it and it's playable for them.

If you can't find games, that sucks, I wish I had a solution and I wish 343 had a fix. I don't think H3A is a fix, it'd be far simpler to just patch up whatever matchmaking issues remain in MCC and make it go on sale for a little bit. Fuck, bundle it with Halo Wars 2 pre-orders on the Xbox Store too. That'll at least get the population flowing and have a higher chance at successful matches.

EDIT: We should probably move this over to the MCC topic.

I've seen this guy play Halo 3 for the last 7 years, crazy. He never gets tired of it

Hey beyond! I've recently been given access to an alpha version for an upcoming mod for Halo CE.

It is single player only, so all of the new features are designed specifically around AI encounters.

I know there are a lot of CE fans in this forum.

So keeping in mind there are no ramifications on the multiplayer, what about the SP campaign would you consider important to maintain.

How do you feel about things like armor abilities in a single player only experience?

Do you still think things like the concept of utility and weapon overlap still apply? Or are those primarily multiplayer concepts in your eyes.

What sort of questions do you think I should answer?

Thank you!

Hey beyond! I've recently been given access to an alpha version for an upcoming mod for Halo CE.

It is single player only, so all of the new features are designed specifically around AI encounters.

I know there are a lot of CE fans in this forum.

So keeping in mind there are no ramifications on the multiplayer, what about the SP campaign would you consider important to maintain.

How do you feel about things like armor abilities in a single player only experience?

Do you still think things like the concept of utility and weapon overlap still apply? Or are those primarily multiplayer concepts in your eyes.

What sort of questions do you think I should answer?

Thank you!

armor abilities are a big no, no matter if MP or SP!

But I wouldn't be that strict on utility and weapon overlap, it would depend on how the mod handles the situation

I was going through some H5 twitch streams and popped into Ducain's to see what kind of forge maps he was creating. In response to someone in the chat, he said that while he was at 343 they told the Cartographers that the average map they create costs roughly 200k in dev costs. This factors in paying all the testers and art team members etc. I guess they told them to explain why they were doing community BTB maps. 

I find it really hard to believe a map like Overgrowth or Riptide took 200,000 dollars to make.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I find it really hard to believe a map like Overgrowth or Riptide took 200,000 dollars to make.

No one who officially works or tests for 343i does it for FREE. There are other expenses that go into this, even if being padded by sunk costs from equipment, offices, administration, etc.