CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Invasion was :goat:

Eh, here's my rant on Invasion

• If you were on offense and one person, or god forbid two people, quit your game, prepare for 7 straight minutes of spawn killing
  • The last objective (carrying that box to the ship) was too easy to defend on Boneyard. It's in a small room while the enemy spawns with the Shotgun. If the defensive team was competent, there was little to no chance of getting that box out. You had to rely on the defensive team to be idiots. Even if the offense does get it out, it's a minute straight of walking to the base. It's not over yet though! The staircase going up? Yeah, it's 80% visible from the defense spawn and they can spawn with DMR if they choose. Shit wasn't challenging, it was ridiculous. Oh, and I forgot. The defense has a fucking Scorpion.
  • When the first round offensive team doesn't score points and the next round offensive team scored one point, the game should end. The offensive team usually delays the game so they can increase their K/D, leading to everyone on defense quitting.
Invasion could be fun, but only with major changes.

Explain Counter Strike's relevancy please

Don't you put that logic on me, Ricky Bobby!

The PC market =/= the console market. 

It's the same market, but the smarter ones are on the PC side already. Every console player would have a better time with better games if they just ascended already. 

only half joking 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is a very good video talking about the terrible MCC launch and not pre ordering Halo 5. Very good points! (Hopefully it hasn't already been posted)

Charge is just redundant, thrust+melee should do the same thing, and ground pound just needs to be difficult to use and not allow traveling with it. I don't care that they're there to be crowd pleasers, as long as they don't unbalance the game or make it less competitive, then I don't really see the issue.

But what matters is where the bullets hit, and their spread - not what it looks like from a distance away.

O4%20Photograph%20Railroad%20Track%20Ill

These screenshots/videos of the Rocket Launcher are DEFINITELY on the Forge canvas for week 3.

I'm hoping so because those pieces actually look pretty nice, as does the terrain itself.

Maybe. Pretty sure the map that Breakout is played on is a forge canvas also.

As far as we are aware, this is correct.

So I just re-read Josh Holmes' ( @@Sal1ent ) post which dropped a huge knowledge bomb about why certain things are still included in Halo 5 and I noticed this little snippet:

Now please tell me I'm reading this wrong, I seriously hope I am but is he saying that both Spartan Charge and Ground Pound are only in the game to make people go 'wow' in a competitive match?

Please, somebody tell me I'm wrong :/

So basically this is 343's mindset. We add sprint/ground pound/charge/etc. To make the game look nice. We'll also make it competitive and add old features to please the competitive/old community. If they don't like it, we'll still get the support from the waypoint "white knights" and new players because we added in so many cool features.

I really hope this is not the case...

The only reason they keep advocating for sprint is because they know that in order for halo to stay competitive for years to come and relevant with "modern gamers" or the cod masses is too add sprint. Classic simplistic Halo as well all know and love is gone unfortunately.

I got into cs:go not only because it was competitive, but also because it had a decent competitive population. Not because I get to kill people with guns.

I got into cs:go not only because it was competitive, but also because it had a decent competitive population. Not because I get to kill people with guns.

Unfortunately 343 doesn't think like that, it's all about the money to them. Well atleast that's how I see them

This is a very good video talking about the terrible MCC launch and not pre ordering Halo 5. Very good points! (Hopefully it hasn't already been posted)

Almost 2 months later and I still don't get how preorders dictate a game release.

That fucking green tube is nowhere near looks of Classic Rocket Launcher, Yes I am pissed..

RIP Classic Halo Rocket Launcher 2001-2014.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just bought CS:GO today

Scared to play it lol 

Can't belive how many people are upset about how the rockets look.  Keep in mind guys, the game is still a year away if enough of you are not happy they will change it! which is ya know why we are having a beta so early.

Saying that, I don't think they will ever take away sprint. But change the looks of the rocket lancher? maybe.

• Downvote (-1) 1

What's the point of having 'crowd pleasing abilities' if you don't have a crowd to begin with?

well said, hopefully after the Beta 343 will announce how many players participated in the 3 week beta which should show some light on how many ppl actively play the MCC but Im not crossing my fingers. 

As someone who has Not played the beta, I'm apprehensive come Monday after reading all of these posts this past week. 

Can't belive how many people are upset about how the rockets look.  Keep in mind guys, the game is still a year away if enough of you are not happy they will change it! which is ya know why we are having a beta so early.

Saying that, I don't think they will ever take away sprint. But change the looks of the rocket lancher? maybe.

Priorities in order @343 studios I see.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys are entrusting a company which currently has had a broken game on the market for 46 days.

Good luck on Halo 5 being a good game, folks.

Should we trust Bungie which cut half of their game before release and doesn't support Matchmaking like they did with H2 or H3?  Or should we trust the 3-4 different developers that make the CoD title that changes the game mechanics every year?

Should we trust Bungie which cut half of their game before release and doesn't support Matchmaking like they did with H2 or H3?  Or should we trust the 3-4 different developers that make the CoD title that changes the game mechanics every year?

You're asking the wrong guy. I didn't buy Destiny because of how much disappointment I've read on reviews, and I haven't played COD since MW2.

Unfortunately I fell for the scam that H4 and Halo:MCC was (Fortunately I still can refund MCC, which 2 months in it looks like I'll have to). I guess you can say I've been craving a new, interesting Halo that still stuck to it's core roots for years now. But it never came, and looking at the Beta for Halo 5 it looks like it's never going to come. And I won't make the same mistake this time around.

But yeah man my word of advice is to invest your money into things you enjoy and love, and to companies you think do a great job of satisfying their customers. Trusting and believing in a bad company because the alternatives are worse is counterproductive, and just not logical. Also is the reason why alot of console-involed companies are getting away with this bullshit.

• Upvote (+1) 3