CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'd love to get a BTB lobby going later.  If any of you fine TB people want to join up, quote this post and I'll be sure to invite you.

Oh I've been trying to get my friends to play something without answer, so I'm down. I'm not good but I don't think that matters since it's BTB. 

If you get shot before reaching max sprint speed you'll be knocked out of sprint, you sure this isn't happening to you? Try going into a custom game on your own and sprinting around. I'm having literally 0 issues with it.

It's happening in FORGE.

Edit: It's not that I can't sprint, or that it's the big issue to me. It's the fluid intuitive response on Destiny vs the clunky, heavy handed, narrower time to click harder on the stick feeling in Halo 5, the transition from fastest forward to clicking into sprint. It's the same mechanic, same thumbstick, but different and inelegant feel.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd love to get a BTB lobby going later.  If any of you fine TB people want to join up, quote this post and I'll be sure to invite you.

OGgt: H5 AR

It's happening in FORGE.

Edit: It's not that I can't sprint, or that it's the big issue to me. It's the fluid intuitive response on Destiny vs the clunky, heavy handed, narrower time to click harder on the stick feeling in Halo 5, the transition from fastest forward to clicking into sprint. It's the same mechanic, same thumbstick, but different and inelegant feel.

Well it's entirely on your end then.

It feels almost identical to me, click the stick and you start sprinting.

My substandard gaming and aiming may be at your sevice. When?

I expect to be online in 45min. Just finishing my fish tacos and Long Island at chili's :)

Servers are absolute garbage right now. Why does this happen so often? Not having region lock is not helpful either. Constantly having to face players from SA is a nightmare.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, they've been pretty trash today. My loadout menu won't load unless I back out and retry a couple times, Palmer's announcements are 20-30 seconds after they already happened, I'm getting lag spikes, and I'm getting booted from pregame lobbies into a never ending black screen with some scrabbled message on the screen which is probably the dedicated server problem message.

Finally played the campaign for this game wow its so bad. The first 7 missions did nothing to advance the story, not that it mattered cause it was garbage anyways. This might be worse than 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah, they've been pretty trash today. My loadout menu won't load unless I back out and retry a couple times, Palmer's announcements are 20-30 seconds after they already happened, I'm getting lag spikes, and I'm getting booted from pregame lobbies into a never ending black screen with some scrabbled message on the screen which is probably the dedicated server problem message.

The one time I decide to play arena (social playlists at that), I am greeted by game breaking lag and sweaty lobbies. Grifball is nearly impossible at the moment because of the server issues.

Finally played the campaign for this game wow its so bad. The first 7 missions did nothing to advance the story, not that it mattered cause it was garbage anyways. This might be worse than 4.

fuck you and your profile picture

you had to remind me

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love how all the promo for this game played the Locke vs chief angle and it had absolutely nothing to do with the game.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I love how all the promo for this game played the Locke vs chief angle and it had absolutely nothing to do with the game.

-"Hunt The Truth"

-1 Minute Cutscene of Locke and Chief trading Punches after 3 Hours of Gameplay

- :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly at this point we should just sit back in our chairs crack open an Arizona Ice Tea, and chuckle about how shit everything has been and how 343 lacks the competence to fix such a core issue. THE AIMING ON A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER, no really think about that for a second.

That fact that we have no true tools/knowledge to know what happened to the aiming other than the explanation from Ghostayame that the aiming was "squirrely" is mediocre at best. The only guys knowledgeable enough to break down the changes were XIM, they wrote a damn dissertation over the changes made to the aiming system in Halo 5 and the conclusion they came up with is that this games aiming system doesn't work like anything else in the market and that the changes that have been made make no logical sense.

Honestly at this point playing this game is just funny. The community is split like a motherfucker, kiddies are cheesing off their REQ's, There is no social slayer/ playlist management could be done better by a 6 year old, and they have been playing catchup since day one. Its just funny and more surreal the keep thinking about this game, one part of me wants to get mad but I just remind myself that really owe them nothing. The fact that I was one of the only people after the slow-turn patch that still said the aiming felt wonky said something about this community. ITS LIKE EVERYBODY IS OBLIVIOUS AND CAN'T NOTICE WHEN AIMING FUCKED, THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A SECOND.

It really is amazing man...... It's been discussed  for almost 2,000 Pages now lol - http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-2816?do=findComment&comment=594542

"Saw Josh posting about the aiming in Halo 5 in response to some of your questions and figured it'd be a good time to lend some insight. That being said, yes, the aiming did change a little bit from Beta up until now. During the Beta, close-range gameplay felt fluid, mid-range felt decent, and long-range felt flat-out squirrelly."

:mj: 

• Upvote (+1) 2

During the Beta, close-range gameplay felt fluid, mid-range felt decent, and long-range felt flat-out squirrelly.

I wonder what the average engagement distance is in this game? Seriously. 

BF4's average distance is 35m. No way in hell H5's is any further. So why in god's name did they prioritize long range aiming over close and medium? 

wpid-wp-1414198682837.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

Honestly at this point we should just sit back in our chairs crack open an Arizona Ice Tea, and chuckle about how shit everything has been and how 343 lacks the competence to fix such a core issue. THE AIMING ON A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER, no really think about that for a second.

That fact that we have no true tools/knowledge to know what happened to the aiming other than the explanation from Ghostayame that the aiming was "squirrely" is mediocre at best. The only guys knowledgeable enough to break down the changes were XIM, they wrote a damn dissertation over the changes made to the aiming system in Halo 5 and the conclusion they came up with is that this games aiming system doesn't work like anything else in the market and that the changes that have been made make no logical sense.

Honestly at this point playing this game is just funny. The community is split like a motherfucker, kiddies are cheesing off their REQ's, There is no social slayer/ playlist management could be done better by a 6 year old, and they have been playing catchup since day one. Its just funny and more surreal the keep thinking about this game, one part of me wants to get mad but I just remind myself that really owe them nothing. The fact that I was one of the only people after the slow-turn patch that still said the aiming felt wonky said something about this community. ITS LIKE EVERYBODY IS OBLIVIOUS AND CAN'T NOTICE WHEN AIMING FUCKED, THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A SECOND.

I honestly don't know if ill buy Halo 6. I'll buy Halo Wars 2 because its not being made by 343 but holy fuck. They will never own up to their mistakes.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I wonder what the average engagement distance is in this game? Seriously. 

BF4's average distance is 35m. No way in hell H5's is any further. So why in god's name did they prioritize long range aiming over close and medium? 

wpid-wp-1414198682837.png

Warzone.

The fact that I was one of the only people after the slow-turn patch that still said the aiming felt wonky said something about this community. ITS LIKE EVERYBODY IS OBLIVIOUS AND CAN'T NOTICE WHEN AIMING FUCKED, THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A SECOND.

yeah no

• Downvote (-1) 4

I think the majority of players are playing just to gain REQ Points for their REQtard Packs.

• Upvote (+1) 2