CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Well that's insinuating that CE wasn't anything but a perfect accident akin to Smash Melee.

You still have to boil down the maps, gametypes, player count, and settings to get this god tier game that everyone worships. I don't even think 1% of Halo CE fans even recognize that gameplay's existence.

Wait are you arguing Halo CE was an accident or nah?

Because if I remember, the spawn system was entirely planned by Hardy... I think more was too. Could be wrong though

That's because PC players don't like getting old school PC shooters turned into console shooters. We have Unreal Tournament, Overwatch, and Lawbreakers to look forward to.  :sunglasses:

Unreal Tournament, Overwatch, LawBreakers, Reflex, and Insurgency: Sandstorm. It feels great to be a PC gamer right now. The age of bad shooters is coming to an end and consoles are being left behind.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Unreal Tournament, Overwatch, LawBreakers, Reflex, and Insurgency: Sandstorm. It feels great to be a PC gamer right now. The age of bad shooters is coming to an end and consoles are being left behind.

No doubt. If a Halo game get announced at E3 for the PC, whether it be the MCC, H3:A, or even Halo 5/6, I'm selling my X1 the next day. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Getting pretty tired of having to restart my game just to open req packs

Such a joke that such simple functionality fails so often. What would 343 do without the quit build option I wonder?

The bolded ones are also coming to consoles btw.

The bolded ones are also coming to consoles btw.

Buying Overwatch will be like buying CS and TF2 on consoles. If you're planning to buy that game on the Xbox One, I wouldn't recommend that. 90%, if not 100%, of the focus will be on PC. I'm not saying that this is how it should be, it's how it's going to be. Blizzard releasing Overwatch on consoles is more of a cash grab attempt than building their community. If you're looking for a console shooter, Gears of War 4, Battlefield 5, CoD: Ghost 2, Titanfall 2 are the ones you need to be looking at.

The other 3 are already dead.

Unreal Tournament is in pre-alpha lol. And LawBreakers isn't even out yet.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The argument that X mechanic "goes against being an Arena Shooter" is forever the worst argument. You can say that you don't like a mechanic because of certain design flaws or because it was shoehorned in from other AAA Shooters but that isn't what makes or breaks an Arena shooter.

Haha, an argument which I've never made. If it works, then it works. I just find it funny when 343 try to buzz up new mechanics in silly ways.

I like new mechanics, even when they're from other games. The problem is when they don't work/are detrimental which has been the case with every new mechanic since Halo 3 imo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just find it funny when 343 try to buzz up new mechanics in silly ways.

They're not mechanics, they're Spartan Abilities, which are not Armor Abilities btw! Please educate yourself before you wreck yourself.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Buying Overwatch will be like buying CS and TF2 on consoles. If you're planning to buy that game on the Xbox One, I wouldn't recommend that. 90%, if not 100%, of the focus will be on PC. I'm not saying that this is how it should be, it's how it's going to be. Blizzard releasing Overwatch on consoles is more of a cash grab attempt than building their community. If you're looking for a console shooter, Gears of War 4, Battlefield 5, CoD: Ghost 2, Titanfall 2 are the ones you need to be looking at.

Unreal Tournament is in pre-alpha lol. And LawBreakers isn't even out yet.

Lol, PC gaming is dead bro, learn to adapt. DS3 is the hardest game ever and it's on consoles! 

/s

I'm going to give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt here.

They gave Diablo 3 A LOT of attention for its console port. It wasn't updated as fast and I don't believe its gotten everything the PC has, but it has done quite well. I could see them following this trend if Overwatch sells decently on the consoles.

Though I would still recommend playing it on PC. I got into the beta this past weekend. Its a crazy fun game, it plays better than it looks on streams.

zRl5zBo.jpg

Meanwhile in console-land...everyone enjoys the game...

Yeah I played a few matches on my PC and hated it, meanwhile this kid I work with loved it on his PS4. Then again he thinks TLOU and Heavy Rain are the best games ever.

Also I played on the Valhalla remake for the first time today, somehow they managed to make it even more painful on your eyes than in Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wait are you arguing Halo CE was an accident or nah?

Because if I remember, the spawn system was entirely planned by Hardy... I think more was too. Could be wrong though

Hardy wasn't responsible for the spawn system but it was intentionally made the way it was, by someone else :)

If Torque-Strongholds is in tourneys, I would feel more bad for the caster's breaths than player's enjoyment.

Well that's insinuating that CE wasn't anything but a perfect accident akin to Smash Melee.

You still have to boil down the maps, gametypes, player count, and settings to get this god tier game that everyone worships. I don't even think 1% of Halo CE fans even recognize that gameplay's existence.

Not really. What makes Halo CE great is the Pistol, which takes all of two seconds to change in settings. Everything else--nade tricks and spawn tricks included, which aren't "accidents," by the way, because the designers actually had the foresight to allow for emergent gameplay through sandbox interaction--is icing on the cake.

You can play Halo CE in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, and each will be amazing (and better than anything the sequels bring respectively) because of the Pistol, which is complemented by all this extra depth that you don't even need to understand to have fun. You can play SWAT with 200% health on Blood Gulch and the skill gap will be more apparent than it is in any Halo sequel (real talk: that actually happened). That 343 didn't/doesn't understand the Pistol (or perhaps understood but refused to bring back fully) is their problem, not the game's. And now it's our problem.

Also, saying that the default settings prevented people from recognizing the game's depth is irrelevant, because they weren't pushed as the main settings, because matchmaking wasn't a thing.

Now enough of this off-topic discussion. Back to talking about Doom :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Hey 343i! Please give me purple, and not some fancy named wannabe purple. Thanks.

7XvI2XT.jpg

And a proper white, and a obvious orange.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I grew up playing games on both PC and console, and each was amazing for its own reasons. Really sad to see console gaming in the state that it is, especially considering that I don't see much reason to hope that they're going to realize their mistakes and fix them in the near future. If anything, I bet they'll just double down on all the bullshit.

But yeah, dat list of PC games is looking pretty sweet.

Hey 343i! Please give me purple, and not some fancy named wannabe purple. Thanks.

Teal, turquoise and cyan while we're at it.

7XvI2XT.jpg

See, I think this wouldn't bother me as much, if the jump from the second purple, to the third wasn't so radical in relation to every other color. The second purple's a pale, whitish orchid, and looks nice. Then we have the sudden, dark, reddish hued violet, rather than a darker, more blue hued evolution of orchid, which only carries on, the further down you get. The transition in other colors is much more natural, whereas the shades of purple take a weird detour in hue. I mean, I like the darker "aubergine", but it's nothing compared to the purple team's color.

Team Purple: 

X0GMRed.png

Aubergine:

llnUfeQ.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

I haven't played a game in Arena today where I wasn't getting lag spikes once every minute. Something has got to be done about these terrible servers.

• Upvote (+1) 2

For fucks sake, somebody from 343 please watch this:

What settings competitive Halo players want to play under isn't a mystery, it has been established, and known for over a decade. I literally don't understand why this is so hard for you to grasp. I've only been playing since 2012 and I get it.

• Upvote (+1) 5