CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Didn't they extend it? I thought I read something on reddit or something that they extended it.

By a day, yup.

Will it ever be fixed?

No.

We deserve an explanation.

Too ambitious, not enough resources poured into it and ultimately bad management. Whoever was in charge of that shouldn't have been and should have spoke up sooner.

Pretty simple.

Add Black Picture on Xbox Live to check out the new version of Orion. He worked on the map for 343 and made an abundance of changes. The map plays totally different than before and looks much better. After playing 2v2 and 4v4 on the new version I can confidently say it's much better than the original Orion and Pegasus. 

...Why does the bottom of the sight have the "Power" button?

Just a guess but maybe to turn the optics/reticle off for non spartans who can't link their visor hud to the optics.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just a guess but maybe to turn the optics/reticle off for non spartans who can't link their visor hud to the optics.

I'm sorry, but did you just lore us?

Somebody get this guy outta here.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm sorry, but did you just lore us?

Somebody get this guy outta here.

They're hyper-realistic super soldiers, guys. They should be able to sprint—Wh-what? Where am I?

...Why does the bottom of the sight have the "Power" button?

EOTech-512-POV-through-scope-Holographic

It's mimicking a real life sight's controls.

• Upvote (+1) 2

EOTech-512-POV-through-scope-Holographic

It's mimicking a real life sight's controls.

I'll give it three pages before someone complains about this.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'll give it three pages before someone complains about this.

Well, it really doesn't make sense. Why have a scope like that when they have the technology to have a much more accurate sighting system built into their visors? 

So not immersed right now. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh yes, Orion.

I hated Orion with a passion, but I tried out the new version a bit before 343 brought it up and it has improved tremendously. I'm glad its designer is competent. I'd consider it worth re-implementing in Matchmaking, though it wouldn't make sense not to introduce a few other Forge maps alongside... or at least it would be a waste.

The only reason I randomly tried it out is because I was downloading other stuff Black Picture worked on, and I randomly discovered he was the one who created it to begin with and had a bunch of versions of it in his files.

I will say this though. Despite how improved Orion is, there's still a lot of better maps out there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

By a day, yup.

Too ambitious, not enough resources poured into it and ultimately bad management. Whoever was in charge of that shouldn't have been and should have spoke up sooner.

Pretty simple.

Until Frankie tells me how and why it is all hearsay...dude is being given a pass not to be up front about it.

I'd love to hear HIM tell me, not people who didn't work on it

Well, it really doesn't make sense. Why have a scope like that when they have the technology to have a much more accurate sighting system built into their visors? 

But what about when silly Spartan 4's like Spartan Locke slaps you and cracks your visor? 

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

But what about when silly Spartan 4's like Spartan Locke slaps you and cracks your visor? 

:kappa:

Oh yea, I almost forgot about that terrible fight scene. 

In the event you lose your helmet.

Could the Arena Refresh be part of a bigger overhaul? Like we're testing the new changes in mm now and providing feedback for a larger update in the near future.

ODST's did just fine without their helmets, I think the chief would do just fine. Still not a good enough reason for ADS in Halo. No reason can ever be good enough. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

A buddy of mine once told me that none of the UNSC weapons were practical because they lack iron sights. Electronics can fail, even in the 26th century.

ODST's did just fine without their helmets, I think the chief would do just fine. Still not a good enough reason for ADS in Halo. No reason can ever be good enough. 

Dare only used her Magnum in ODST because it was one of the few guns that had usable sights without her helmet.

Could the Arena Refresh be part of a bigger overhaul? Like we're testing the new changes in mm now and providing feedback for a larger update in the near future.

Weapon Tuning has been hinted several times ever since the Championship ended. We may end up getting a major update alongside the Reach DLC. Kind of hearkens back to 343's TU they made with CE Anniversary. 

Dare only used her Magnum in ODST because it was one of the few guns that had usable sights without her helmet.

All of them could take off their helmets and use every weapon in firefight just fine. Try again. 

All of them could take off their helmets and use every weapon in firefight just fine. Try again. 

Yeah? You could also see the outline of their helmets and use VISR mode without a helmet in Firefight, too. Almost as if Firefight isn't canon.

Yeah? You could also see the outline of their helmets and use VISR mode without a helmet in Firefight, too. Almost as if Firefight isn't canon.

Damn, it's almost like they knew gameplay was more important. 

Firefight is canon, some of the biggest battles in UNSC history. 

Uh neural implants fam :kappa: