CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Promethean kills was one of our commendations that was behind. Not any more!

I've seriously gotten probably 500 Promethean kills for the TB Company in the last 24 hours lol ... using WZF to finish off all of my enemy commendations

I've seriously gotten probably 500 Promethean kills for the TB Company in the last 24 hours lol ... using WZF to finish off all of my enemy commendations

I hope I've done the same amount. I just finished my enemy commendation with killing my last Warden. Went through a lot of tanks just to get it lol

Anyone wanna give me an estimate for how long it would take to get Achilles where we are right now with WZ FF?

Soon

@@Sal1ent

Ranking down players on Onyx level -30 CSR is kinda ridiculous. It takes 3+ games to get catch that up again. I never ever quit a game in ranked and 99% of the other Onyx players don't as well. (which is an awesome experience)

But the servers still crash quite a bit and most of the time it's before you even get into the game. It is very frustrating to lose so much CSR for that. Can you not just punish players that actually hit the quit button in the start menue instead?

@@Nokterne

it is (Flag, Strongholds and Bomb) but I personally get it more often in the slayer playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is Tyrant in the Team Arena list? Cause I've yet to get it after quite a few matches played since GoM dropped.

yeah, I played it in Arena two days ago

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone wanna give me an estimate for how long it would take to get Achilles where we are right now with WZ FF?

I don't know how commendations work for Achilles but I'm pretty sure the only ones you can get in Firefight are for killing Covenant/Prometheans. 

Honestly IDK how 343 thinks anyone could get those commendations in normal Warzone. There's barely any AI in it.

Looks like the new fiesta mode can spawn you with the CE Pistol now. It even gives you Speed Boost.

Yep, this was fixed in Ghosts of Meridian.

COLISEUM

Removed Binary Rifles

Swapped Sniper Rifle and Rocket Launcher weapon pads (Sniper to “Yellow Tower” / Rocket Launcher to “Green Tower”)

Suppressor moved to bottom of the Grav Lift

FATHOM

SAW weapon pad modified

Max ammo reduced to one magazine total (no reloading)

Respawn time reduced from 3 min to 2 min

EMPIRE

Shotgun moved back to Tower One

Plasma Pistol moved to “Mid” the small street in between “Tower” and “Pit”

^from community update. Coliseum Assault, Fathom Assault, Empire CTF only gametypes affected.

Probably not going to spend too much time in the new Firefight, it just reminds me why I hate fighting Prometheans so much

Campaign rebalance, which effects Warzone AI.

That's actually dope.

Forge team on fleek.

A new special effect, a skeleton prop, and possibly an entirely new block palette (sandstone, aka Halo 3 Sandbox).

Me likey Forge team.

Edit. That, or it's a brick wall. I fucking dig brick walls.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just shared 700 Words regarding Matchmaking Updates and Refreshes on Waypoint. Copy and pasting so you guys can see.

Continuity

Every competitive game goes through phases. The meta changes. Players adapt. This refresh process was intended to help facilitate that.But instead it through the community into chaos, created a massive splinter in matchmaking, and some would say made the game less competitive. When first released, the Arena Refresh maps were:
  • Only placed in ONE Playlist
  • Only placed in CERTAIN Gametypes
  • Overwritten in Custom Games
For Halo 5, a game that I commend for its seamless competitive continuity, this was a major slap in the face. Pro Players couldn't scrimmage, Team Arena had different map variants than other playlists, and one gametype could have utilized a completely different map layout than another. There was no consistency or ability to transition through the various aspects of your Arena Multiplayer suite seamlessly. In the future:
  1. Make Map Changes Universal Across Playlists
  2. Make Map Changes Universal in Custom Games IF they are officially being changed for the HCS (The Rig Strongholds was a good example of implementation)
  3. Make Map Layouts Consistent across appropriate Gametypes (Coliseum CTF/Assault should never have been different across any medium)
Maintaining this continuity is an imperative aspect of designing and sustaining a competitive environment for your game. Please don't make drastic errors like this again <3

Community Input & Competitive Integrity

You offered the community the ability to provide feedback, which I myself am very grateful for. Myself and others (who have weeks of playtime in Competitive High-Level Arena) made extremely constructive posts. Some of this feedback may have been taken into account, but a lot of feedback was inputted directly from an audience that arguably has less of a grasp on competitive Halo design and balance.I understand the need to appeal to a wide array of Halo fans, but this wasn't the place or time to do it.

If someone with 10 hours worth of Gold 2 Arena play suggests that you throw a SAW or Binary on to some Arena maps, I firmly believe that you should not include that suggestion in your intake of feedback. And yes, I know that skill does not entirely comprise of one's ability to critique competitive design merit, but the two do have some correlation.

A Competitive Game can be played Casually, but a Casual Game can't be played competitively. Halo 5's Arena was marketed as a competitive game and it should be maintained as such.

Your beautifully designed Arena maps did not launch with SAWs and Binaries on them, and I'd like to assume that was for a reason. I don't think I could imagine Pro Team having given their input on this matter (especially since a lot of these changes were iterated on retail copies of Deez's fileshare day by day?). It's actually concerning how much time was put into these refreshes as a whole, considering they began development mid-March at the end of the Halo World Championship. Just as I did above with continuity, I would like to express my future recommendations:
  1. Utilize Pro Team if they weren't in this process
  2. Take in HCS Pro Feedback
  3. Follow the guidelines you used during Halo 5's Vanilla Development
  4. Allow 'Casual' input, but not if it sacrifices the compromises the competitive integrity of the game
I love Halo 5's Arena. A lot. I have days upon days of playtime racked up, and that includes playing on these new refresh maps, both in matchmaking and custom games. I believe this process was a speed bump but was heading in the right direction. With a more refined process, Halo 5's Arena can remain fresh and competitive without losing its integrity and continuity.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Just shared 700 Words regarding Matchmaking Updates and Refreshes on Waypoint. Copy and pasting so you guys can see.

Lol this reminds me I still gotta respond to your post in the settings threas, cant believe I forgot

These weird weapons need to go in arena. Saw and binary is just....what

Lol this reminds me I still gotta respond to your post in the settings threas, cant believe I forgot

Binary is gone, entirely.

SAWs Ammo count has been reduced and Binaries have been removed.

Binary is gone, entirely.

SAWs Ammo count has been reduced and Binaries have been removed.

Bless

I still dont like the Saw and speed boost. Especially with the new one hit spartan charge

The fact that so many people want to storm rifle gone or nerfed and then they add a fucking SAW to one of the best playing maps in the game....

:prayers:

No.
They moved it back towards its roots. Perhaps you're too young to remember, but Halo was a slow-paced, consolized arena shooter. Halo 5 is a return to form for that.

Equal spawns, high skill curve in gunplay, movement, and map control. This hasn't been seen since Halo 3 at the latest. It's moving FURTHER from CoD and closer to the arena shooter it was originally trying to be since Halo CE's LAN MP. Perhaps you don't remember those days or weren't even born yet?

Some dude on Reddit, how the fuck does this argument even make sense? 

Some dude on Reddit, how the fuck does this argument even make sense? 

You move faster, therefore it is more like an Arena shooter.

This is the thought process.