CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Tin foil hats are being shipped out in droves. Anyhow my first game of Firefight I got DCed during the second round. Man this games servers are the greatest.

Perhaps its just me but i find pve game super boring. im a pretty avid diablo 3 player, it's like crack, but the pve there has much more substance, loot, etc. Firefight originally wasnt all that fun to me either and that's probably why i dont get the hype around this.

But when i see a special req pack for purchase just for firefight... it all makes sense why they slowly release these so-called new modes.

to make it better, if that's possible, it should be probably like left for dead survival mode or gow horde mode.

but even then, those modes just get hella boring quickly, in my opinion.

i just wish 343 spent this type of effort on enhancing the meta of halo 5 rather than trying to find ways to milk the req system.

Gotcha. I can see why people think it's boring, especially after I've recently played Diablo 3 and I was drowning in loot everywhere I went.

For me, I've been enjoying the hell out of it because I can play it, mostly without a care in the world, while pissing around and laughing with friends.

Gotcha. I can see why people think it's boring, especially after I've recently played Diablo 3 and I was drowning in loot everywhere I went.

For me, I've been enjoying the hell out of it because I can play it, mostly without a care in the world, while pissing around and laughing with friends.

thats cool. i just feel there's more important things they could be doing... but hey, im not a game developer, im just a player.

hard to justify something that people were wanting when it's blatantly obvious there's req pack crap associated with it... and this is supposedly a beta playlist?

there's plenty of casual offerings in the game, and while i dont enjoy firefight, it's a mode that should have been part of the game day one... just as forge should have, ball, etc.

i know this is a business and they obviously see some positive sales trend with req purchases but comon... there are way more important things they could be doing with the game. instead, they say they're trying to appease the community yet are using that as a way to hide the fact they want more ways to sell reqs.

Well no shit they want to sell more REQs, it's how they make money in a free DLC model. Valve's been doing it for years and it's been working out fine for them.

But my question is, why do you keep insisting that 343 doesn't care about their community? Warzone Firefight is obviously an effort that they didn't just mash together in 24 hours.

You're coming off as overly negative and ignoring the very fact that this is something that people have wanted for a long time. It's not classic Firefight, but Warzone Firefight is still fun and impressive in its own right, even if you don't like it.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

thats cool. i just feel there's more important things they could be doing... but hey, im not a game developer, im just a player.

Except casual players have been asking for this before Halo 5 even launched. Honestly casuals have kinda gotten the shaft with this game so I'm glad they are getting good shit this update.

Also Infection and Firefight were the best things in the recent Halo games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Except casual players have been asking for this before Halo 5 even launched. Honestly casuals have kinda gotten the shaft with this game so I'm glad they are getting good shit this update.

Also Infection and Firefight were the best things in the recent Halo games.

never could get into meaningless non vanilla game modes, that goes for pretty much all games for me.

Halo 5 is the best Halo yet, objectively speaking.

H5 has the second best default settings in the series.

It has the second best weapon balancing in the series.

It has the best Forge in the series.

That's about all it has to the rest of the games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

never could get into meaningless non vanilla game modes, that goes for pretty much all games for me.

Its moments like this where I'm glad that not every member of communities can dictate what goes into games.

Its moments like this where I'm glad that not every member of communities can dictate what goes into games.

Lol... so because i think non vanilla is a waste of time.. doesnt mean the games cant have them, but the obvious point im making is that you think 343 cares about its communities whether it be griffball, esports or casuals, but they really dont. They're always going to go with what is in their best interest, and if making quick bucks on reqs by releasing a rehashed game mode will do it... well... there it is.

im sure zombie skins are in the works for infection req packs... $$$$

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

I'm getting an error message when trying to play. I think the servers are fucked again for the thousandth time.

Also, is the multi-team playlist dead? I can't get a game after three days of trying.

Lol... so because i think non vanilla is a waste of time.. doesnt mean the games cant have them, but the obvious point im making is that you think 343 cares about its communities whether it be griffball, esports or casuals, but they really dont. They're always going to go with what is in their best interest, and if making quick bucks on reqs by releasing a rehashed game mode will do it... well... there it is.

im sure zombie skins are in the works for infection req packs... $$$$

Wow I didn't know we could use REQs in Oddball, Assault, Grifball and Action Shack. Holy fuck how did I miss that. 343 you greedy devils putting upgraded Hammers in Grifball. Yall must only be in it for the money.

And man that Forge is so full of P2W its insane. Having to buy each individual pieces of the thousands of pieces that they have given us. And the weather effects they just added are like five bucks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like feeling like a dumbass now that I sold all my REQs and Phaetons are destroying me off spawn

It seemed like a good idea at the time

I like feeling like a dumbass now that I sold all my REQs and Phaetons are destroying me off spawn

It seemed like a good idea at the time

Warzone or Firefight?

Your friend just got banned. RIP.

Now we really know how corrupt this staff is. The mod team is Moa's puppet, and it's clear he only stepped down to give us a false sense of security, when in reality he's still calling the shots and silencing the opposition by force. I won't wait to be a victim! Who's with me?!

/s

/s

/s

Pls dont ban me

You know, if Firefight is going to insist on having 8 people (personally, I'd prefer 6 max), then it needs objectives that will actually force players to split off into smaller groups in order to accomplish said objective. Like, have MULTIPLE bases that need defending, or bosses that appear on opposite sides of the map that have to be tackled at the same time. As opposed to just having every dog pile the same enemy boss.

Because, as it stands, it really seems like the only reason the gamemode uses 8 players is so it could have more enemies appearing at once, and to better fill the large Warzone. If the latter is such a big concern, then it may prove smarter to just lower the player count and use Warzone Assault maps instead.