CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Why are there so many people going up and down only 1 point lol

This game's ranking system goes through regular patches where it doesn't work.

Hi I'm back! Is Moa still in charge here?

Moa? In charge? :kappa:

I need some quick help.  Trying to do a gameplay review.  I'm in spectator mode sitting on a great gameplay, ready to commentate it, but theres a problem.  It's an assault game, and as the game ended, a player was arming the bomb, and now the bomb arming warning noise is playing on a loop, even when I start the film from the beginning.  I don't know how to get rid of that noise.  It would make for a really irritating video if I left the sound in, or I would have to edit out game sound which would suck too.

If anyone knows a way around this sound bug it would really help me out.  I don't want to hold this guy hostage and make him keep playing so I can spectate him all night looking for a good gameplay.  Any timely help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Fixed it!  If you guys encounter this problem, go to a spot in the film where someone starts arming, and when they stop, be it a score or not, the sound will stop too.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hi I'm back! Is Moa still in charge here?

we revolted and got him demoted to yellow. it is safe again friend

I need some quick help. Trying to do a gameplay review. I'm in spectator mode sitting on a great gameplay, ready to commentate it, but theres a problem. It's an assault game, and as the game ended, a player was arming the bomb, and now the bomb arming warning noise is playing on a loop, even when I start the film from the beginning. I don't know how to get rid of that noise. It would make for a really irritating video if I left the sound in, or I would have to edit out game sound which would suck too.

If anyone knows a way around this sound bug it would really help me out. I don't want to hold this guy hostage and make him keep playing so I can spectate him all night looking for a good gameplay. Any timely help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Fixed it! If you guys encounter this problem, go to a spot in the film where someone starts arming, and when they stop, be it a score or not, the sound will stop too.

ETA on the upload?

Why are there so many people going up and down only 1 point lol

yeah thats what i mean. makes no sense

ETA on the upload?

Probably tomorrow.  I'm just recording the commentary tonight. I'll edit tomorrow and upload then.

Edit:  I lost the gameplay.  I guess if you let a spectated game sit too long, you just lose connection.  This sucks.  That would have been a good gameplay, and now I'll need to coordinate with him again so I can spectate.  He had a to4 and everything tonight. It was perfect.  Ugh, so frustrating.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Probably tomorrow. I'm just recording the commentary tonight. I'll edit tomorrow and upload then.

Edit: I lost the gameplay. I guess if you let a spectated game sit too long, you just lose connection. This sucks. That would have been a good gameplay, and now I'll need to coordinate with him again so I can spectate. He had a to4 and everything tonight. It was perfect. Ugh, so frustrating.

This is why saved films and file browser is important :/
  • Upvote (+1) 1

This is why saved films and file browser is important :/

we're just gonna play together tomorrow so i can have the film in my theater.

Is nobody else getting the rank glitch where you only gain/lose 1 CSR point per game? Why are there like 2 posts here about it and none on reddit? Its been like this for two days now..

Is nobody else getting the rank glitch where you only gain/lose 1 CSR point per game? Why are there like 2 posts here about it and none on reddit? Its been like this for two days now..

Ranking system in Halo 5 is toast. Before this glitch, the so called "ELO system" became gaining/losing 15 CSR no matter who you played.

This game has honestly gotten progressively worse since launch in many areas. Servers, the ranking system, the gamemodes, maps in rotation, map weighting, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I can dislike posts and make assumptions too

I don't know, spartan charigng people to their deaths and using wraiths to impede the progress of a player, effectively stopping them from playing is a bit of a dick move.

Unless its your friends in a Team of 8, then more context next time.

There was this awesome thing back in 2007 where it actually tried to balance the teams as much it can based on ranks. Yeah I miss that.

In what world is matching a to4 of champions and giving me 2 diamonds and a plat kid fair.

This game's matchmaking has got to be the worst thing I've ever seen. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I see the forums are just filling up with trolls tonight. lmao. Don't know where they came from and why, but I'm going into the black until they clear out. It's never been this bad until today. 

What don't you like about is? The lack of objectives, the maps, the AI?

Talk to me.

Perhaps its just me but i find pve game super boring. im a pretty avid diablo 3 player, it's like crack, but the pve there has much more substance, loot, etc. Firefight originally wasnt all that fun to me either and that's probably why i dont get the hype around this.

But when i see a special req pack for purchase just for firefight... it all makes sense why they slowly release these so-called new modes.

to make it better, if that's possible, it should be probably like left for dead survival mode or gow horde mode.

but even then, those modes just get hella boring quickly, in my opinion.

i just wish 343 spent this type of effort on enhancing the meta of halo 5 rather than trying to find ways to milk the req system.

• Upvote (+1) 3

But when i see a special req pack for purchase just for firefight... it all makes sense why they slowly release these so-called new modes.

Or, you know, it's because people want and ask for these new modes.

Your posts come across as "stop liking what I don't like!!!"

Your Halo isn't the only Halo, just as casual Halo or Grifball Halo or Infection Halo isn't the only Halo. 343 should not just cater to your wishes just because they're yours.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Or, you know, it's because people want and ask for these new modes.

Your posts come across as "stop liking what I don't like!!!"

Your Halo isn't the only Halo, just as casual Halo or Grifball Halo or Infection Halo isn't the only Halo. 343 should not just cater to your wishes just because they're yours.

hard to justify something that people were wanting when it's blatantly obvious there's req pack crap associated with it... and this is supposedly a beta playlist?

there's plenty of casual offerings in the game, and while i dont enjoy firefight, it's a mode that should have been part of the game day one... just as forge should have, ball, etc.

i know this is a business and they obviously see some positive sales trend with req purchases but comon... there are way more important things they could be doing with the game. instead, they say they're trying to appease the community yet are using that as a way to hide the fact they want more ways to sell reqs.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5