CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

This is all we've seen so far. It looks closer to actual Infection and not Flood so I guess that's a start.

I hope they get rid of thruster though. That is what annoyed me the most in H4s Flood.

The humans should be kinda OP. That is what made H3 and Reach Infection so much fun. In Halo 4 they tried to "balance" both sides and make the zombies (flood) just as powerful, which isn't nearly as much fun imo.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I hope they get rid of thruster though. That is what annoyed me the most in H4s Flood.

The humans should be kinda OP. That is what made H3 and Reach Infection so much fun. In Halo 4 they tried to "balance" both sides and make the zombies (flood) just as powerful, which isn't nearly as much fun imo.

Thruster can stay, it's just the distance and speed in Halo 4's Flood that made is terrible.

The only way you're gonna see customs really grow is if this update comes with a SORELY needed file browser.

I'm completely sure that was one of the stipulations I had written.

I'm really not looking forward to infection purely because of how often people will trade in this game. It wasn't a problem with 3, a bit annoying in Reach, but in Halo 5 it's quite horrible. Sucks donkey balls in grifball and breakout.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm really not looking forward to infection purely because of how often people will trade in this game. It wasn't a problem with 3, a bit annoying in Reach, but in Halo 5 it's quite horrible. Sucks donkey balls in grifball and breakout.

I read trade in as in selling the game to Gamestop or something. I was so confused.

What issues are you running into?

They are a lot of fireteam bugs, if someone get kick out by the server he will be on "waiting to join match in progress" until the next loading screen.

Sometimes if you quit the build while on a lobby you can't join said lobby and everyone has to quit the build.

If you get an internet outage you have to quit the build to play again, if you don't you can't access the Arena screen.

Sometimes spectate mode doesn't work and kicks you out to the main menu.

If you finish first in FFA with 25 kills it wont show and the end game screen, a 0 will appear.

I got a no sound bug the other day while in intermission on Warzone Lobby.

And the list goes on...

Has the glitch to get into the armory wall in warzone been patched yet? Also I'm not fond of needing to select the 343 base gametypes in customs before being allowed to switch to a custom variant that someone else made. Sometimes it's easy enough to figure it out but other times I have to scroll through the entire list to figure it out.

I'll have to double check and see if I'm missing something. Maybe they can put a symbol on the downloaded gametypes to let you know what the base variants are.

If you finish first in FFA with 25 kills it wont show and the end game screen, a 0 will appear.

This bug has been happening since the latest patch... not sure what's causing it though. But at least the postgame stats load fine.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Awesome. I didn't get a chance to read it till now but I didn't see much mention of it here on the forums. I wonder how they fixed it exactly, but man was it frustrating. It got the the point where if I was defending and saw a random teammate drive a warthog onto the base I would always follow him and spartan charge it off before they could do the glitch. During that month I had substantially more hate mail from teammates than the opposing team.

What issues are you running into?

increasing frequencies of 5 second game freezes when using a req i haven't used before in warzone. random crashes to dashboards. sound cuts in and out now in loading screens of games. choppy intros in warzone that play at weird speeds. increased amount of server crashes to main menu (whole lobby gets kicked, not just me).

the weirdest one was when i was waiting to join a fireteam that was in game, after 5 mins of waiting the game just started loading a campaign level. wtf.

increasing frequencies of 5 second game freezes when using a req i haven't used before in warzone. random crashes to dashboards. sound cuts in and out now in loading screens of games. choppy intros in warzone that play at weird speeds. increased amount of server crashes to main menu (whole lobby gets kicked, not just me).

the weirdest one was when i was waiting to join a fireteam that was in game, after 5 mins of waiting the game just started loading a campaign level. wtf.

Halo 5 is devolving into the MCC. A couple more patches and we will get 1th Place again. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

There should be multiple variants of infection imo. Nimble zombies, tank-ish zombies, etc.

I've generally preferred Infection on small maps with no super strong power positions, where you have to run and gun to survive. Hopefully we see a few of those mixed in.

Also really hope we can set alpha or initial zombie traits, those are key to stretching the potential of the gametype.

Gotcha. 

The game freezes one is related to people quitting I think. It used to freeze for a small amount of time, but now it freezes for much longer.

So about my thread that got locked.

I attempted to appeal the lock with the moderator 3 times. I explained the purpose if the thread in detail and was ignored.

I reposted the thread with changes as well as a prologue to make sure the message was taken in to consideration for future posting.

The mod has refused to respond to my appeals even though I gave the right to do so based on waypoints own rules.

And yet my new thread still got locked.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/why-we-continue-to-fight-for-a-no-sprint-halo/7927cd41-130c-4ff0-a1ec-fa8e0810085f/posts

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Haven't played these but I enjoyed looking at the videos of his maps.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2-UrBqkfLQHriCtRz4XGdQ?nohtml5=False

This is Campgrounds.

I'd love to see these type of classic arena maps made for Halo 5. With the mechanics of Halo 5, having multi-tier and single/double atrium would provide some great gameplay.

85741-final.png

Essentially this map could probably be made carbon copy for Halo 5.

Yellow armor room = Camo

Red Armor stairs = Overshield

Mega health room = rockets

Railgun = snipe spawn

Honestly, it would probably work really well.