CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The point is that you can never really trust 343 to deliver on their word, no matter how insignificant this example might be. The blind trust has to stop.

It creates scenarios where people are content with a sub-par product and seem to be happy with what they get as long as the dev tells them they did their best or worked really hard on something. "Oh, no split screen for the first time ever in a Halo game? I'm sure you guys tried really hard anyway. No harm done." Just one small example.

MCC..never forget

• Upvote (+1) 6

Isn't Xbox Wire an official source?

And you think that means it is always right?

The "official source" has let me down time and time again as a Halo fan.  I don't trust a word of it.  I'll take it as a general aim or attempt on their part but no more.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You believe everything you see written on the internets?

If only, but shame on me I guess for believing Xbox Wire, the main Xbox PR site from Microsoft. There's usually a reason that 343 don't give solid dates or windows because there's always backlash when something goes wrong (understandably, of course). We saw that with all the MCC patches and when Quinn said BTB was coming on X day and it didn't arrive until a day or two later.

The article was written at a time when Memories of Reach was still releasing in April. Whatever setback causes Ghosts of Meridian to release a week later, caused Memories of Reach to be pushed back a week too, resulting in the May release window.

I think it's time to move on. Bravo has already clarified the error (if you choose to believe that, somehow I think you wont) and it's done. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

343 has unlimited amounts of these:

y92e2Et.gif

:kappa:

There's a sprint and thruster joke in there somewhere.

• Upvote (+1) 5

If only, but shame on me I guess for believing Xbox Wire, the main Xbox PR site from Microsoft. There's usually a reason that 343 don't give solid dates or windows because there's always backlash when something goes wrong (understandably, of course). We saw that with all the MCC patches and when Quinn said BTB was coming on X day and it didn't arrive until a day or two later.

The article was written at a time when Memories of Reach was still releasing in April. Whatever setback causes Ghosts of Meridian to release a week later, caused Memories of Reach to be pushed back a week too, resulting in the May release window.

I think it's time to move on. Bravo has already clarified the error (if you choose to believe that, somehow I think you wont) and it's done. 

All is better in Halo land.  See you next month for Bravo's monthly clarification.  Back to the status quo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't worry, I'm not worked up over it or anything.

I just wanted to point out that a select few members here jumped all over defending 343 for their schedule slippage and wanted to ensure everyone that they would be on time the next month.

Having dealt with software deliverable schedule slippage many times in my own experience, I was trying to make a point that it would likely affect the future releases, but I was treated as if I am John Snow and I know nothing.

I can see you still don't get the point of my post.

Lets say you are on time and everything is running smoothly. Great. Then, you get behind and you slip one week. Ok, no big deal? Maybe.

If you can keep up the same pace, you can continue to deploy updates with a duration of one month. That means all the future updates slip by one week. Now instead of getting updates at the end of each month, you get them at them at the beginning. That is IF they can keep the update duration at a month. Obviously they needed a month and a week for this last one. So you give a month and a week for the next one, where does that put you? Smack dab in the middle of May. The next? Late June. That's assuming moral and productivity stays the same and doesn't get worse and they start taking a month and 2 weeks for updates.

It's either that or they trim down the content that is offered by these releases down to a manageable size for a month long deployment window. I don't think that would be good because if you look at the other post on this page, people are not really impressed by what is already being currently offered by the "monthly" updates as they are. That is unless you just love dressing up your Spartan with the latest fancy Air Jordans and Rayband Mk17 polarized sunglasses, or what ever casual crap armor gimmicks they are offering to suppress the whining in an effort to sustain the already dead but masked population.

I think you missed the point of my post.

The 6th isn't mid April, that is literally all I said. I wasn't defending 343 at all.

Honestly though, I don't think a week or two slipped is too big of a deal, it's not like they cancelled the update. Also I personally think the post launch support has been stellar for most part. Although that's probably because I actually like the game unlike the majority of people who post in this thread. The updates have definitely kept me playing the game.

I'm not in this debate but haters and deuces are just as bad as apologists. Especially when they go out of their way to discredit official sources to satisfy their agenda.

I'm not in this debate but haters and deuces are just as bad as apologists. Especially when they go out of their way to discredit official sources to satisfy their agenda.

To be fair, the Xbox Wire article was incorrect and they should be discrediting it. 

It's the idea that we should discredit everything that Bravo or anyone else says, because of past events. It's whatever. You're right to be cautious but you don't need to call people out and then bring up MCC or something everytime something turns out to be incorrect.

I feel like I'm on waypoint. It's absurd.

And I feel like I'm on a site where trust means being a shill and unless you bow down to the hate and believe everything that the elitists believe then you are an outcast.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

To be fair, the Xbox Wire article was incorrect and they should be discrediting it.

It's the idea that we should discredit everything that Bravo or anyone else says, because of past events. It's whatever. You're right to be cautious but you don't need to call people out and then bring up MCC or something everytime something turns out to be incorrect.

Too be fair the official source was correct when it was written. So it wasn't misleading.

Just to clarify, it was a week delay and not a month (~30 days) delay, correct?

Looks like it. Each update lately has been dropping towards the end of the month, usually the last week. Ghosts of Meridian was pushed from late March to early April, we can only assume the same thing for Memories of Reach. 

I think the next community update will give us a better idea of release window, though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just to clarify, it was a week delay and not a month (~30 days) delay, correct?

If Ghosts is an indication then yes. If it is then we could see a livestream on the 2nd and the update will release the next day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You are a pawn and you don't even know it.

I'm sure I will banned now for calling someone a "pawn".  @@Infinity, am I breaking the rules?

I love it when people call me a shill/apologist/pawn(that's a new one actually) for pointing out literal factual inaccuracies in what they say.

Shows how insecure some people really are that they revert to name calling when they're wrong.

What comes out with this update besides Firefight? Have they announced anything? 

They teased a snowy Torque remix, a bunch of armour based off of Noble team and infection.

What comes out with this update besides Firefight? Have they announced anything? 

Memories of Reach?

I don't think they've confirmed that Warzone Firefight is coming with it, I think most of the content for that was added in Ghosts of Meridian (hence the beta tomorrow) but so far we know the following is coming

• Infection
  • Torque remix
  • Noble's armour from Halo: Reach

Memories of Reach?

I don't think they've confirmed that Warzone Firefight is coming with it, I think most of the content for that was added in Ghosts of Meridian (hence the beta tomorrow) but so far we know the following is coming

• Infection
  • Torque remix
  • Noble's armour from Halo: Reach

Have they shown Infection gameplay or said how it works in Halo 5? 

Have they shown Infection gameplay or said how it works in Halo 5? 

This is all we've seen so far. It looks closer to actual Infection and not Flood so I guess that's a start.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is all we've seen so far. It looks closer to actual Infection and not Flood so I guess that's a start.

Hoping the colors of the spartans in an option. Not a big deal but the uninfected doesn't really have to have a forced color

I really hope they use some of the awesome infection based forged maps I've seen for the assumed infection playlist.