CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I retract my statement. I just played a fucking remake of Standoff.

I dislike Stand Off.  Been saying it since it was birthed.  If it were my forged baby, I'd have some serious postpartum depression.

Then the game shouldn't have winners and losers. There shouldn't even be pvp mixed with pve. The two things are entirely separate from one another and shouldn't be mixed.

Mobas can get away with it because the minions serve a purpose as to provide fuel so to speak for your character.

I just get bored when you have an obvious fps game of pvp but put pve in it for the intentions of not alienating casuals.

343 did warzone right with having assualt, because reg warzone is a joke of a game type.

I didn't like the bots in the multiplayer.  They were just a distraction. 

I don't mind bots in MP outside of "super competitive" modes. Not everybody is a straight up super slayer kind of guy and the bots in Warzone help that. I also believe that in Titanfall bots are worth less in both scoring and time reduced for Titans.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't mind bots in MP outside of "super competitive" modes. Not everybody is a straight up super slayer kind of guy and the bots in Warzone help that. I also believe that in Titalfall bots are worth less in both scoring and time reduced for Titans.

I just feel disinterested when it isn't player v player

In Warzone its both, but the enemy team is all player controller and the AI are the middle men.

Would personally love to see them done away with in Titanfall to give extra emphasis on Pilot mobility

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just feel disinterested when it isn't player v player

In Warzone its both, but the enemy team is all player controller and the AI are the middle men.

Would personally love to see them done away with in Titanfall to give extra emphasis on Pilot mobility

I don't mind either way for Titanfall. They made the maps more populated so something would have to be done to map design to where it doesn't ruin the flow for Titans, raise PvP player cap, or give the bots more purpose like a MOBA

Then the game shouldn't have winners and losers. There shouldn't even be pvp mixed with pve. The two things are entirely separate from one another and shouldn't be mixed.

Mobas can get away with it because the minions serve a purpose as to provide fuel so to speak for your character.

I just get bored when you have an obvious fps game of pvp but put pve in it for the intentions of not alienating casuals.

343 did warzone right with having assualt, because reg warzone is a joke of a game type.

What? Not alienating casuals? That's just not true. People have been asking for years too be able to fight other players and AI at the same time in Halo (myself included). I think it adds to the (god help me) immersion and it adds a secondary way to score points if you are no good at PvP.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Bring the conversation back to Halo, I always felt a FOV of the lower 90s was perfect for a console shooter on a widescreen HDTV.

A FOV of 95 and up is when the speed starts to become distorted and you start to notice the corners of the picture on your screen "stretch."

Also, if we're going to up the FOV, can we PLEASE decrease the size of the gun models, they take up SO MUCH REAL ESTATE, ESPECIALLY in Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've actually always really liked standoff as a btb map and I think the newest version looks gorgeous. A warthog buff would definitely make it play better though.

I will say it's an odd choice for a multi team map though.

Someone remade Boardwalk.

2250.jpg?1460354164

Yooooooooooo. Any link for more footage/download?

What? Not alienating casuals? That's just not true. People have been asking for years too be able to fight other players and AI at the same time in Halo (myself included). I think it adds to the (god help me) immersion and it adds a secondary way to score points if you are no good at PvP.

You just stated the facts of why they do that crap design in the first place.

If you're gonna have a multiplayer FPS with winners and losers...having pve mixed with pvp is just stupid. The game doesn't become about who the better team is, it basically negates the entire purpose of playing to win the match. Why try at that point?

As for immersion...pfffff. Has no business in competitive multiplayer design. Immersion should be the last thing on the checklist.

• Downvote (-1) 1

If you're gonna have a multiplayer FPS with winners and losers...having pve mixed with pvp is just stupid. The game doesn't become about who the better team is, it basically negates the entire purpose of playing to win the match. Why try at that point?

As for immersion...pfffff. Has no business in competitive multiplayer design. Immersion should be the last thing on the checklist.

Not every mode has to be super competitive though, most people don't play Warzone to win.

Not every mode has to be super competitive though, most people don't play Warzone to win.

I live and dream for the DRAW baby.

I edited with a link.

Looks great. 

Hopefully the creator can figure out how to get some more budget to add some scenery and make the map feel more alive.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Immersion always has a place even if it takes a backseat. If Frankie popped up in a small portion of my screen and started spewing nonsense it definitely would take me out of the game. Also two teams doesn't necessarily mean competitive. It might be slightly but not enough to warrant making sure every match is eSports ready. ESOs PvP area has AI and players and it ADDS to the overall experience.

Entire argument breaks down once you realize that not every mode needs to be competitive

• Upvote (+1) 1

Entire argument breaks down once you realize that not every mode needs to be competitive

Then why have winners and losers? Competitive by definition is simply a winner and a loser. Skillful? That's another story. Competition though is clearly defined as designating a winner and a loser...thus a competition is taking place.

Beer pong is a competitive game, there is somewhat of a skill involved in it depending how you look at it.

All I'm saying is, if you're going to have AI involved in a pvp game...the AI should contribute whatsoever to the outcome of the game, in other words, AI shouldn't give you "points" toward the match total to determine a victor.

That's why I think Warzone is a dumb game. A team can farm the AI basically and win the game without ever focusing on the PVP aspect.

This isn't a debate about everything being esports, it's a debate about common sense of what competitive multiplayer is and always should be...a PVP game setting where there is a designated winner/loser. Period.