CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Pretty glad I didnt see Fayvns thread. On a very thin line on Waypoint atm and next ban is perma. Would;ve been perma'd before the end of the day seeing some of the frankly fucking ridiculous excuses for sprint that kept pooin up. Interesting to note that Pro sprinters never mention balance or gameplay, always realism and immersion.

Guys, ffs, if you wanted realism you wouldn't be playing a game set 500 years in the future where you play as brightly coloured super soldiers shooting rainbow aliens and glowing red doggies.

• Upvote (+1) 9

The biggest problem with Halo 5 is that it's hard to consistently have fun.

Some hours I'll be playing fair teams, I'll get good maps like Coliseum, Plaza, Truth, and Eden. Little automatic use, a lot of pistol vs. pistol battles, close games, etc. I'll be having a blast.

Then the next hour I'll get Riptide, Overgrowth, and Torque 2 times. Spartan charges, quitters, heavy automatic use, etc.

Halo 5 is fun, but it's not fun most of the time.

So much this. When the game is cooperating, it can be a blast and I can honestly say I love Halo 5, but so much of the time it almost feels like the game itself is conspiring to ruin my experience. It would be so much easier to deal with the problems I have if I didn't enjoy it at all; if I just thought H5 was a shitty game. Most of the time, though. I'm pissed off because I know I could be enjoying myself in this game, but I'm not, because of the problems that get posted about here ad nauseum. For every enjoyable game that feels like what this game can be, there's a bunch of bullshit games that aren't fun at all. You know there's a problem when H5's FFA is the least frustrating playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So much this. When the game is cooperating, it can be a blast and I can honestly say I love Halo 5, but so much of the time it almost feels like the game itself is conspiring to ruin my experience.

What a great way of putting it. I too love the gameplay of Halo 5, but the absolute circus of terrible gametypes and dodging that 343 has made the Arena playlist into has taken that away from me.

"conspiring to ruin my experience", haha, seriously. What other conclusion can you draw when you get 4 assaults in a row, followed by Riptide, Tyrant, and Torque, all against teams of 4?

343 can't do one thing completely right. They always have to screw something up. Fun gameplay, but horrible playlist management and some of the worst maps I've seen in FPS's.

Bad servers, no pro league info, horrible arena map refresh, game has been worse since March/April update.... All of that have completely killed any interest I have in playing this game.

343 pls

How do I know when I've finished silver packs?

I keep getting 3,000 points back. Does that mean I'm finally done with them?

Yes

• Upvote (+1) 2

Am i alone in thinking truth would be better without 2 frags to start?

i also think os should be removed from Empire.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Taking advantage of the one hit kill speed boost spartan charge AND helping the Company complete that commendation.

5043abee0b4e045a5fc83c788955be35.png

If anyone plays Warzone any time soon and is in the SC this is a great way to put a dent in it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If I had designed the game:

-Emblems would be available to everyone day one.  You shouldn't have to unlock emblems.

-Armor Skins would either come with the armor when you unlock it, or have their own REQ pack.

-Warzone Loadout Weapons would have their own REQ pack.

Right now the system is just so artificially bloated with crap.

I mean,

I think bloated crap is the sole purpose of the req system.

If there wasn't an unnecessary amount of rubbish you wouldn't have to steal your mom's credit card and purchase $500 worth of nornfags.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Tough to make that work. Often the points are not what I try to make unique. The way I describe said points are where I try and get creative with my arguments.

for me and abridgement doesn't make much sense, since the whole point of the video is to cover all bases. I think the best thing you can do is realising when you repeat something, or say essentially the same thing in a different way too many times. It's easy to do when you're trying to hammer in a point, but a lot of content creators like yourself do end up pushing it.

In my opinion, always aim for a 10 minute target. That extra digit can be the difference between caring and deciding it's not worth the time. If you can't fit it in, make a two parter, which if you know how to write well, you can easily split into seperate phases of the same goal. @@Infinity like to coach couch people with this sort of shit as well as the whole HCS forum :kappa:

This is my feeling when it comes to the aiming system

I'm not going to lie, this is totally me when it comes to the aiming system:

hPBAtRn.gif

Am I allowed to post in the HCS thread now? My memeage game is elevating. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

There are a lot of people on this forum I'd like to play with more/at all.  Damn this Hawaiian timezone.

:wink: :kappa:

On a totally unrelated note, I'm planning to make some more Youtube content this weekend.  I'm getting the itch.  I kinda want to do a gameplay review.  If anyone would like me to use their gameplay, quote this post and lets set up a time this weekend where I can stalk spectate you for a few games.  I have examples of my gameplay reviews in the link in my signature. I'm proud of them and I think I do a good job.  Let me know if you're interested.

Completely irrelevant now but I remember back in H4 I wanted to send you some gameplay to showcase on your channel to go over and because I thought it showcased some of the things you were teaching at the time rather well (iirc it was things like knowing when to back down, prioritizing targets, space, isolating etc). It was also against really good players too. Not that it matters now lol but reading that reminded me of it.

Was also going to do a thread that you probably would've liked and may or may not have really helped the community but due to finding out its not easy getting someone elses gameplay in H5 I decided to scrap the idea.

• Upvote (+1) 1

:wink: :kappa:

Completely irrelevant now but I remember back in H4 I wanted to send you some gameplay to showcase on your channel to go over and because I thought it showcased some of the things you were teaching at the time rather well (iirc it was things like knowing when to back down, prioritizing targets, space, isolating etc). It was also against really good players too. Not that it matters now lol but reading that reminded me of it.

Was also going to do a thread that you probably would've liked and may or may not have really helped the community but due to finding out its not easy getting someone elses gameplay in H5 I decided to scrap the idea.

Yes its a pain in the ass.  You have to be on at the same time and spectate them.  I miss doing those reviews.

I haven't played on tyrant yet but based on what I've seen it looks like more segmented no sight line garbage. Can anyone confirm? At least it is aesthetically pleasing unlike abandoned UNSC facility maps #1-9

A jar of jam slamming into a satellite?

Yeah, I feel like that all the time.

I forgot how young people are now in the Halo scene.

Edit: It's from Spaceballs.

kECnxBg.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm not going to lie, this is totally me when it comes to the aiming system:

hPBAtRn.gif

Am I allowed to post in the HCS thread now? My memeage game is elevating.

And that is my feeling when it comes to the shitty servers

Hey guys. I've posted a video by a guy named xgllx. He's pretty notorious for making video responses and he made one against me.

please go in to the comments and see my back and forth with him. (My username is Colton king in the comments)

Let me know what you think

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hey guys. I've posted a video by a guy named xgllx. He's pretty notorious for making video responses and he made one against me.

please go in to the comments and see my back and forth with him. (My username is Colton king in the comments)

Let me know what you think

Why are you not replying on your main account?

Why are you not replying on your main account?

Just cut all my subs and stuff we're on that account. And I don't want to clutter my favyn account with a bunch of crap.