CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

emblems should never be in req packs, unless it's a special edition or team org.

Agreed. Did not think about the exclusive emblems. In that case the only locked ones should be the HCS ones along with the times exclusives.

Big thread on Waypoint about emblems in REQ packs. Personally, having some of the emblems in the REQ pool is a shitty af idea, considering how they reduce chances of decent unlocks. Also, doesn't help to have to unlock things you had access too since day one in previous games, especially with enhanced customization.

Someone actually made a thread about Gamemodes should be in REQS pack.lol

• Upvote (+1) 5

Big thread on Waypoint about emblems in REQ packs. Personally, having some of the emblems in the REQ pool is a shitty af idea, considering how they reduce chances of decent unlocks. Also, doesn't help to have to unlock things you had access too since day one in previous games, especially with enhanced customization.

If I had designed the game:

-Emblems would be available to everyone day one.  You shouldn't have to unlock emblems.

-Armor Skins would either come with the armor when you unlock it, or have their own REQ pack.

-Warzone Loadout Weapons would have their own REQ pack.

Right now the system is just so artificially bloated with crap.

• Upvote (+1) 2

When people use their heads I'll stop hurting their feelings.

Do you want know my real 2 cents? Maybe if people that took the time and effort they did into rant videos, or "investigative journalism", then we'd might be in a better place. Maybe if this thread wasn't so toxic, whether it's bashing 343 or entire communities, then maybe this thread wouldn't just be the same handful of people posting. But nah, everyone here has this Grinch attitude and unfortunately it's never going to change because it's the internet. People feel like if they are not satisfied then how could anyone else be and they want to be able to express that. Almost as if they're trying to push their own agenda.

I've said my piece. I'm done. End of rant. And it didn't have to take 15+ minutes of overly explaining something.

Oh how foolish of us, it's OUR fault Halo turned out the way it did, and RyanW is so much holier than us, all hail the messiah!
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Not a jab at anyone specifically, more just a complaint towards content creators in general, but I'll definitely agree with Ryan on one thing:

Y'all make your videos way too fucking long.

It's got to the point where I don't even watch the videos because I know it will just be twenty minutes of someone talking about something that could be summed up in three minutes, and it will usually be something I already know, have heard or agree with anyways.

There's a difference between being air tight and just unnecessarily re-iterating the same point five times, or having tons of fluff between points.

As someone who makes 20 minute videos I'd probably have to agree with this.

I find myself making a point and feeling the need to constantly reiterate what I said. At least I'm not at bobbins status. He's posted some that are 1+ hours.

It depends on how sensitive the topic is really.

• Upvote (+1) 1

-Emblems would be available to everyone day one.  You shouldn't have to unlock emblems.

-Armor Skins would either come with the armor when you unlock it, or have their own REQ pack.

I would have abolished the Gold/Silver/Bronze hierarchy there is now, and just have different collections like TF2, CSGO, or trading cards.

You buy a pack, and it only gives you a limited pool of items. Updates would be treated as their own sets.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's pretty sad how bloated it is. Anything you can unlock that has value, is pretty much contained in the REQ system. Only exception are the commedation emblems which many don't care about, or Achilles. I doubt I will ever get the H2 BR simply because I can't even finish silver. Every new update adds a multitude of more useless items.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Oh how foolish of us, it OUR fault Halo turned out the way it did, and RyanW is so much holier than us, all hail the messiah!

justin-timberlake.gif

• Downvote (-1) 2

Might I suggest a "Favyn Abridged" type channel where every video is a 3 minute version of the longer more in depth ones?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh how foolish of us, it OUR fault Halo turned out the way it did, and RyanW is so much holier than us, all hail the messiah!

justin-timberlake.gif

The moment you start using gifs as a reply you've admitted you haven't got anything to say.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The moment you start using gifs as a reply you've admitted you haven't got anything to say.

Not really because it's the perfect way to express how I felt after reading that post. You and I both know what you posted is no where near the point I was trying to make.

Not really because it's the perfect way to express how I felt after reading that post. You and I both know what you posted is no where near the point I was trying to make.

Hmm....almost like someone misrepresented you.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Might I suggest a "Favyn Abridged" type channel where every video is a 3 minute version of the longer more in depth ones?

Tough to make that work. Often the points are not what I try to make unique. The way I describe said points are where I try and get creative with my arguments.

Tough to make that work. Often the points are not what I try to make unique. The way I describe said points are where I try and get creative with my arguments.

I was mostly joking actually, should've put a /s for clarity.

Oh the irony

Hmm....almost like someone misrepresented you.

I didn't say or imply that I'm the "messiah of Halo". Now other posts ITT have had comments where they straight up say something and posters accused them of saying it because it was pretty simple for people to think so. Obviously some clarification happened later but what was done was done.

And with that I'm done.

Read back your own post from the perspective of the people you're attacking and then tell me my reply was unreasonable.

People make these videos and posts because of the passion they have for this franchise and the hope that it can one day be as popular as it once was, I'm sure even you want Halo to be as popular again, so is it unreasonable to want the gameplay to be the same as it was when Halo ruled the console world? I do not wish to argue with you but merely offer you perspective from the other side, so when people shrug off critical posts and videos merely for being critical or perceived as "negative" there isn't much that is more infuriating especially when the person shrugging it off hasn't read the post or watched the video.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The biggest problem with Halo 5 is that it's hard to consistently have fun.

Some hours I'll be playing fair teams, I'll get good maps like Coliseum, Plaza, Truth, and Eden. Little automatic use, a lot of pistol vs. pistol battles, close games, etc. I'll be having a blast.

Then the next hour I'll get Riptide, Overgrowth, and Torque 2 times. Spartan charges, quitters, heavy automatic use, etc.

Halo 5 is fun, but it's not fun most of the time.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I love not having to worry about moderating this thread anymore.

Re: Emblems in REQ packs - agreed. I think new ones added in updates should be in there, but all of the originals (minus commendation ones) should have been unlocked from the get go.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The biggest problem with Halo 5 is that it's hard to consistently have fun.

Some hours I'll be playing fair teams, I'll get good maps like Coliseum, Plaza, Truth, and Eden. Little automatic use, a lot of pistol vs. pistol battles, close games, etc.

Then the next hour I'll get Riptide, Overgrowth, and Torque 2 times. Spartan charges, quitters, heavy automatic use, etc.

Halo 5 is fun, but it's not fun most of the time.

It can be fun, but under the circumstances solo players face, it is rare for fun to ever see the light of day.

that's your fault for shooting rockets under a car.

learn to play.

Sorry i was too immersed in the realism that i thought the car would blow up

They really might as well go ahead and rename Team Arena to Team Assault.

Empire assault

Empire assault

Torque Assault

Riptide Slayer

My experience in Arena so far today. I just want to fucking have fun. Please 343.