CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Team Arena is unplayable without party restrictions nowadays.

Edit: yep I get a platinum on my team against a fucking pro team that's all champions. This game is pathetic.

In my experience, it's not even just the party restrictions that are the problem (obviously it is), but the fact that most people don't seem to understand how to play this fucking game on a basic level. They're just idiots. I have so many team mates that are completely oblivious to their surroundings. They seem unaware of the fact that they have team mates. They don't even try to help or put themselves in positions to have help. They push for the objectives at the worst possible times (i.e. when they are completely alone and we have no control of the map). They stay back at the worst possibles times. They play like its FFA with 3 people you aren't supposed to shoot and even then I get shot in the back and team naded on a pretty regular basis.

And then I get ranked platinum and play against Champions and teams. Even better. What the fuck?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Watching CoD now, and I wished Halo would cut the load screen so we can see where we spawn, then have a 10 second countdown. Would help knowing who's going where and what not

• Upvote (+1) 3

hmm.Slayer. 3 Games, 3 loss. -1.7 K/D/A.

Team Arena. 11 games, 8 Wins, 9.4 KDA Onyx 1695.

Tilt?

Probably doesnt help I actually found a game solo agaisnt two Onyx players, a D6, and a Champ, when team had a D3, and 3 Unraked players, Actually, played better against Onyx/Champ then Plats. Maybe the play style between both is so different I didnt know how to counter it?

nah, I'm just shit today.

I am not a huge fan of the new Fathom. Thankfully the weapon changes are still being looked at, but the Saw just doesn't work on a competitive map, and the Speed Boost is questionable especially with the 1 hit Spartan Charge.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I am not a huge fan of the new Fathom. Thankfully the weapon changes are still being looked at, but the Saw just doesn't work on a competitive map, and the Speed Boost is questionable especially with the 1 hit Spartan Charge.

agreed. dont like the speed boost either.

then again, i wouldnt mind trying binary rifles on fathom in each tree house. (binaries stink on coli, but could work on fathom.)

Hey guys,

So I've had some time to reflect on some of the events that transpired earlier today. For many of you it may not seem like a big deal, but for me it's been running through my head and I just want to say a few things.

Robin-Williams-its-not-your-fault-GIF-fr

• Upvote (+1) 7

In my experience, it's not even just the party restrictions that are the problem (obviously it is), but the fact that most people don't seem to understand how to play this fucking game on a basic level. They're just idiots. I have so many team mates that are completely oblivious to their surroundings. They seem unaware of the fact that they have team mates. They don't even try to help or put themselves in positions to have help. They push for the objectives at the worst possible times (i.e. when they are completely alone and we have no control of the map). They stay back at the worst possibles times. They play like its FFA with 3 people you aren't supposed to shoot and even then I get shot in the back and team naded on a pretty regular basis.

And then I get ranked platinum and play against Champions and teams. Even better. What the fuck?

My experience in a nut shell.

Hell last night I got matched against the same TO4 3 games in a row.

I will say this. The game is actually enjoyable when your playing as a team. But solo? This game is a damn nightmare.

I think some people ITT need to stop playing the victim card for their own benefit and others need to stop being the Drama Alert of Halo.

But that's just my 2 cents.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Hey guys,

So I've had some time to reflect on some of the events that transpired earlier today. For many of you it may not seem like a big deal, but for me it's been running through my head and I just want to say a few things.

Robin-Williams-its-not-your-fault-GIF-fr

Yea well sometimes it's not about doing something wrong. I just didn't do something right.

Might be a little dramatic, but ultimately I should let actions speak for themselves and not try to influence them when it comes to individuals.

I think some people ITT need to stop playing the victim card for their own benefit and others need to stop being the Drama Alert of Halo.

But that's just my 2 cents.

I think some people need to stop going out of their way to misrepresent people on this forum

But that's just my 2 cents :P

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Why is a speed boost on an arena map even a thing?
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yea well sometimes it's not about doing something wrong. I just didn't do something right.

Might be a little dramatic, but ultimately I should let actions speak for themselves and not try to influence them when it comes to individuals.

What I don't fucking get, is why the hell a Waypoint mod has ANY right to shut down a thread based on conversations outside her jurisdiction? It would of been one thing if people were breaking any rules, but that was not the case. Am I the only one who finds it weird, that snickerdoodle was looking for an excuse to shut down the thread?
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I think some people need to stop going out of their way to misrepresent people on this forum

But that's just my 2 cents :P

When people use their heads I'll stop hurting their feelings.

Do you want know my real 2 cents? Maybe if people that took the time and effort they did into rant videos, or "investigative journalism", then we'd might be in a better place. Maybe if this thread wasn't so toxic, whether it's bashing 343 or entire communities, then maybe this thread wouldn't just be the same handful of people posting. But nah, everyone here has this Grinch attitude and unfortunately it's never going to change because it's the internet. People feel like if they are not satisfied then how could anyone else be and they want to be able to express that. Almost as if they're trying to push their own agenda.

I've said my piece. I'm done. End of rant. And it didn't have to take 15+ minutes of overly explaining something.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 20

I'm glad I only play slayer. First of all, it cuts out a majority of terrible gametypes, and as far as I can tell the the maps have the same weapons and power ups. I would actually have an annuerism if I was getting saw'd and one hit spartan charged by a speed boost.

How the actual fuck did those changes happen? I guess I don't understand Ghost and neighbours jobs, because there's no WAY they would let binaries and speedboost/saw in.

This game is starting to feel like it's sinking faster than the Titanic. Game was greatish at launch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When people use their heads I'll stop hurting their feelings.

Do you want know my real 2 cents? Maybe if people that took the time and effort they did into rant videos, or "investigative journalism", then we'd might be in a better place. Maybe if this thread wasn't so toxic, whether it's bashing 343 or entire communities, then maybe this thread wouldn't just be the same handful of people posting. But nah, everyone here has this Grinch attitude and unfortunately it's never going to change because it's the internet. People feel like if they are not satisfied then how could anyone else be and they want to be able to express that. Almost as if they're trying to push their own agenda.

I've said my piece. I'm done. End of rant. And it didn't have to take 15+ minutes of overly explaining something.

LOL nice potshot there at my video. Appreciate it man.

Maybe if you stopped trying to find a boogeyman in people here who didn't like Halo 5 this thread could be much better off.

I don't care who likes this game, thats not my issue...like what you want. But when those same people are consistently misrepresenting people, being condescendig, and trying to act like they've got the moral high ground, you have crossed the line.

Don't worry though, I only hate Halo 5 because I'm bad.

/s

• Upvote (+1) 6

What I don't fucking get, is why the hell a Waypoint mod has ANY right to shut down a thread based on conversations outside her jurisdiction? It would of been one thing if people were breaking any rules, but that was not the case. Am I the only one who finds it weird, that snickerdoodle was looking for an excuse to shut down the thread?

I definitely don't agree with it but I understand it.

Sprint threads on Waypoint are usually pretty ridiculous with hundreds of responses of both sides flinging shitposts, and judging from past experience I think she's just grown tired of babysitting everyone.  Plus there were like five sprint threads right before his that were just as bad if not worse.

Favyn's comment was just convenient at the time.

Big thread on Waypoint about emblems in REQ packs. Personally, having some of the emblems in the REQ pool is a shitty af idea, considering how they reduce chances of decent unlocks. Also, doesn't help to have to unlock things you had access too since day one in previous games, especially with enhanced customization.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not a jab at anyone specifically, more just a complaint towards content creators in general, but I'll definitely agree with Ryan on one thing:

Y'all make your videos way too fucking long.

It's got to the point where I don't even watch the videos because I know it will just be twenty minutes of someone talking about something that could be summed up in three minutes, and it will usually be something I already know, have heard or agree with anyways.

There's a difference between being air tight and just unnecessarily re-iterating the same point five times, or having tons of fluff between points.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Big thread on Waypoint about emblems in REQ packs. Personally, having some of the emblems in the REQ pool is a shitty af idea, considering how they reduce chances of decent unlocks. Also, doesn't help to have to unlock things you had access too since day one in previous games, especially with enhanced customization.

emblems should never be in req packs, unless it's a special edition or team org.