CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Gotcha. Yeah I've had my since January and I try really hard to be careful to not press it too hard and reduce the amount of times I press it.

It's a shame that happened to many people. I heard the next wave of elite controller will have that issue fixed

I'm laughing because if I get it replaced, I'm 99% sure I'll get one of the 'old' ones which will break in 2-3 months time.

Is this common? I'm really thinking about getting an elite.

Super common apparently.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What did I do to deserve this

image_zpsjxvoqvib.png

image_zpskezdjbme.png

I looked at both player's stats on Waypoint. The fact that this is your first time placing into SWAT and this is Raven's third time placing in SWAT those rankings make a lot more sense. Since this takes into account your previous season's rank it's going to match you with high ranking players at the start of each season during your placement matches because MMR has an idea of where you're at.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm laughing because if I get it replaced, I'm 99% sure I'll get one of the 'old' ones which will break in 2-3 months time.

Super common apparently.

Well that sucks. Although I'm going to be getting mine cheaper but still.

I looked at both player's stats on Waypoint. The fact that this is your first time placing into SWAT and this is Raven's third time placing in SWAT those rankings make a lot more sense. Since this takes into account your previous season's rank it's going to match you with high ranking players at the start of each season during your placement matches because MMR has an idea of where you're at.

Pre season didn't count?

I recall getting onyx the first week.

Pre season didn't count?

No, MMR in Swat was reset after the preseason because the distribution favored higher ranks than it should have.

Pre season didn't count?

FFA & SWAT had an MMR reset after pre-season.

I feel like something is wrong with my Xbox or something lol. On every map, I can't seem to spawn in. On this map, octag8n, I can't spawn anywhere but right next to the person. And if I don't move, the other guy doesn't spawn. Lol this thing is so weird.

do you have an octagon game type without LoS blockers? I think bunnies has one without it

do you have an octagon game type without LoS blockers? I think bunnies has one without it

I don't think so. I gave up man lol. Thanks though!

Has being able to YY and throw 2 grenades at once been posted here yet?

90% sure it's based off of lag.

Team Arena is unplayable without party restrictions nowadays.

Edit: yep I get a platinum on my team against a fucking pro team that's all champions. This game is pathetic.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Team Arena is unplayable without party restrictions nowadays

Had alot of fun getting my mlg 50s going in with 2s. Loved having to adapt to one game having a solid team with mics to the next having to carry with only 1 person talking. Now it's getting rolled by to4s most of the time.

Must have in h6 at launch, MUST HAVE

• Upvote (+1) 1

Team Arena is unplayable without party restrictions nowadays.

Edit: yep I get a platinum on my team against a fucking pro team that's all champions. This game is pathetic.

no one talks and there are so many shit gametypes.

assault on fathom is trash. Why did they move the arm location closer to porch? it makes it too easy

the dumbest is having 3 people in a chat on the same team. Why not just use your mics?

Cutting a set of weapons down from a mostly redundant sandbox of 30, to a sandbox of 10 unique weapons would be noticed.

Especially when you have people saying " Why cant we just have every Halo weapon ever be in the game?"

I'm not all the way there as far as making a sandbox with no overlap. I think we should meet somewhere in the middle personally. Have a vast sandbox, but make the weapons in said sandbox function differently from one another. And of course trim the fat where necessary. 

I made a long ass post about this a while back that didn't get much love. It's a really important discussion.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/11754-halo-weapon-sandbox-discussion-what-wed-want/

Is this common? I'm really thinking about getting an elite.

Yeah same thing happened to me and my buddy. We both bought elite controllers at best buy and within 2 months both controllers had a broken left bumper haha.

Lucky, we bought the best buy warranty (when the does that ever pay off LOL) and got our money back. 

I bought Astro A40s instead, but damn do i miss the paddle for thrust. 

I disagree. Immersion and gameplay can go well together if done right. 

Immersion should come directly after gameplay in the same way form should come directly after function

• Upvote (+1) 8