CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Wondering this myself... potential map geometry tweaks even? Game-mechanics?

If the beta is now smaller, then it's gameplay updates of some variety.

If the beta is now smaller, then it's gameplay updates of some variety.

Right but if 7+ gigs were updated, I'd think it would be more than just changes to gameplay...

wtf are you talking about?

Apparently anyone who see's how negative a lot of this community is is a 343 lover. Doesn't make an ounce of sense but I found this out yesterday.

Halo r was the only Halo that looked bad. Everything looked like that episode of SpongeBob where they're in the future and everything is chrome

• Upvote (+1) 1

It doesn't take much to look better than Halo 4

What? Are you serious?

Halo 4 was probably one of the most visually stunning games of the Xbox 360s catalogue of games. It literally put every halo that came before it to shame graphically. You can ridicule it all you want for the gameplay, but Halo 4 was an amazing visual achievement.

Art style criticism I can understand, I didn't like the look of the Spartans etc, so if thats what you're referring to, OK. Technically though, it's one of the best titles on the xbox 360.

I'd appreciate feedback for neg rep, I want to know what issues people have with smart scope and why of all the things that have changed in H5 it's the one people have the most issues with. 

I'd appreciate feedback for neg rep, I want to know what issues people have with smart scope and why of all the things that have changed in H5 it's the one people have the most issues with.

You ignoring all the feedback on ADS in this forum doesn't warrant a good response to your moronic post. Go read the Halo 5 threads.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What? Are you serious?

Halo 4 was probably one of the most visually stunning games of the Xbox 360s catalogue of games. It literally put every halo that came before it to shame graphically. You can ridicule it all you want for the gameplay, but Halo 4 was an amazing visual achievement.

Art style criticism I can understand, I didn't like the look of the Spartans etc, so if thats what you're referring to, OK. Technically though, it's one of the best titles on the xbox 360.

Did you see the textures in that game? Halo CE had better textures.

It is easily one of the uglier games. Hell, even Gears 1 looked better, and that came out in '06?

What? Are you serious?

I have to say I like the Promethean designs and I admit I was being harsh, I just think the lighting was too strained in the multiplayer portion. I have no idea what happened to the MP visuals compared to single player. Playing on a darker map looks better IMO.

I admit I like the Promethean designs and I admit I was being harsh, I just think the lighting was too strained in the multiplayer portion. I have no idea what happened to the MP visuals compared to single player.

Multiplayer wasn't as polished for sure as the single player. I just felt the criticism was unjust, it was a pretty beautiful game. They definitely overdid the lighting in the MP.

Look at my response to Josh Holmes on the previous page of this thread. Let me know where I've gone wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 5 has too many movement options. It breaks the game. Gameplay is completely about random encounters and duels. There is no sense of control or predictability for that matter. It is all about reacting to what is in front of you. 

Just absolutely random.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The thing that made Halo 4 graphics stand out was the lighting. Everything else looked decent, textures and whatnot, nothing fantastic, but it was what you'd expect from your average 360 game. But incorporate some above-average lighting effects into the game-world and the visuals really start to pop.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I noticed in the MCC version the 'wear' is a lot more noticeable. Especially the painted detailing.

The skyboxes are really bad. Like, original Super Mario Bros bad. It is basically count the pixel.

Still watching the video.

One thing he says it that clamber should have you delay your gun being brought up.

I disagree.  As we've seen, the game already has clamber trick jumps built into Truth.  I believe crouch jumping has already been replaced by clamber, for better or worse.

One of the reasons I was originally against clamber is that it limits combat readiness.  This would do the same.

If we speed up kill times then the game is cod and I dont wanna play COD I WANNA PLAY HALO

This is what I was saying but where I was missing it was the difference between the perfect kill time and the average kill time.

So long as the perfect kill time prevents sprint escapes it won't be as much a problem. So long as average kill times facilitate engaging fire fights then it isn't drop on shot cod.

The part I am still questioning is how much does sprint interfere with resolving average kill time engagements? And how often do two well match teams demonstrate perfect kills?

Halo r was the only Halo that looked bad. Everything looked like that episode of SpongeBob where they're in the future and everything is chrome

do you mean Halo 4 or Reach?