CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Fixing the maps would have a negative effect on people's experience, even though these changes would prevent farming?

You'll need to explain that one to me.

The vast majority never experienced the stat padding. Everyone experienced the lowered map variety.

The vast majority never experienced the stat padding. Everyone experienced the lowered map variety.

Edited my post to make it a little more in-depth. Would appreciate your response to that.

All I'm asking for is less incentive to farm. Stop with the stupid commendations which awarded Achilles, get rid of the whole ten minutes = max XP/REQ points - make it reward you for ending games fast.

I don't see how fixing maps will ruin anyone's experience, though - you'll need to explain that one to me.

As for banning people who farm - I don't think that's a good solution, a short-term and temporary one, sure but I'd much rather they fixed the above.

Also, Urban being removed for a short time was nothing but good. The map was awful to begin with for the attackers and allowed for an easy spawn trap. I don't know how the new spawns are in the latest update but I assume they're good enough if it is back in rotation. I still think by design it is a terribly designed map. The attackers will always be easily spawn killed.

Well, I think we're more or less on the same page actually other than the ban part. I don't think removing urban was good though. They should have made a new and improved version and then just seamlessly swapped them.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well, I think we're more or less on the same page actually other than the ban part. I don't think removing urban was good though. They should have made a new and improved version and then just seamlessly swapped them.

I'd agree with you there, but Urban is a terribly designed map. Removing it at least allowed people to play maps which were better balanced (although, not by much). 

I can't comment on new Urban but old Urban heavily favours the attackers. I'm willing to bet if we asked 343 for the stats on that map, defenders would be winning more often than the attackers but I doubt we'll get those numbers.

Either way, it's happened. Pointless debating about it :P

I'd agree with you there, but Urban is a terribly designed map.

I think that's just the garage. The circular armor offense is pretty baller

But fixing an issue like that would have no negative side effects.

If they started banning those people then their experience is ruined.

by fixing the maps, everyone is negatively effected. We saw this last month when 25% of the maps were removed from the playlist rotation. It could be argued that that negatively effected more people than the actual stat padding.

Dude. Waypoint, Reddit, and Beyond were all bitching about it. If all three of those groups bitch about the same thing then you know something is wrong.

Might be an unpopular opinion but I'd be cool with the idea that 343 stops making new maps and instead massively focuses on community forge maps. So each monthly update would contain ~3x (including warzone) amount of added maps that we're currently getting. All while still adding to forge.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Might be an unpopular opinion but I'd be cool with the idea that 343 stops making new maps and instead massively focuses on community forge maps. So each monthly update would contain ~3x (including warzone) amount of added maps that we're currently getting. All while still adding to forge.

Except currently you can't create Warzone forge maps. Although the forge team did say that they wanted to do that one day.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Except currently you can't create Warzone forge maps. Although the forge team did say that they wanted to do that one day.

True, I forgot to mention that. Was just saying a hypothetical situation anyways.

True, I forgot to mention that. Was just saying a hypothetical situation anyways.

Personally I wouldn't mind because the community gets a bigger impact on the game.

Dude. Waypoint, Reddit, and Beyond were all bitching about it. If all three of those groups bitch about the same thing then you know something is wrong.

But how many actual people? Don't forget these places are echo chambers.

But how many actual people? Don't forget these places are echo chambers.

Do you not remember the 20+ pages of bitching that happened every time Marma showed up?

So wait, are people saying to not fix exploits because only a certain amount of people have been affected?  And people complain about my way of thinking.

So wait, are people saying to not fix exploits because only a certain amount of people have been affected? And people complain about my way of thinking.

Double standards that is for sure. I guess we shouldn't get the sandbox fixed since only Beyond bitches about it.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Do you not remember the 20+ pages of bitching that happened every time Marma showed up?

Ya, but it was only like 3 or 4 people doing all that bitching.

Double standards that is for sure. I guess we shouldn't get the sandbox fixed since only Beyond bitches about it.

No, they should. They shouldn't remove what we have now in the interim though.

*Looks at titles released by 343i*

Inept does in fact come to mind.

Yeah 343 doesn't have a good record.

Halo 4: Shitty multiplayer and decent campaign.

Halo Mcc: Epic trainwreck. Full of lies with B-team and Shitty patching.

Halo 5: Shitty campaign and decent Multiplayer with little content

This update screwed something up for me. Several times after ending a custom game the postgame stats wouldn't load and it would just sit in a black screen, and when I tried starting a game in theater it also stayed in a black screen instead of loading. I have to quit the build when this happens. Anyone else getting this issue?

I was thinking this, bar a few obvious maps. Regret's small, Truth's iffy, and Empire/Eden are the same too, but you could squeeze them in. Plaza, Riptide, Rig, Coliseum, Fathom and Torque would probably play well. I find the BTB maps to be terrible for it. Too spread out. At least, with Arena maps, you'd be enclosed for maximum carnage.

Yeah, I agree. I played Basin yesterday and on some occasions it took 20-30 seconds before I found someone.

Okay NOW there is no reason to not make it the utility weapon.

It's still easy to use unless you modify the strafe acceleration, which is probably not going to happen.

Ease of use is still an issue.

It says reduced bloom, which means there's still bloom :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's still easy to use unless you modify the strafe acceleration, which is probably not going to happen.

Ease of use is still an issue.

The joke

_________

Your heads

• Upvote (+1) 2