CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I just had a req pack glitch were i opened a pack but kept my points...

Well waiting for an FFA match to start, i bought a gold req pack at the exact time the lobby countdown hit zero and it started to load the next screen, causing the whole H5 UI to freeze for 2-3 seconds before the pack opened. At first no images loaded & my points were gone, then as the match finally finished loading, the images appeared and my req points suddenly reappeared. I literally seen my req points go from 116 to 10,116 as the images loaded. 

Tried to duplicate it a couple times now, haven't gotten it yet. Probably just a one time glitch, but im going to keep attempting it when i got the req points. 

@@Mythik Nick, we need to play together more. You seem like my kinda guy and theres no doubt you're a complete Slay Train. Please get a mic. I would send one to you if I had to.

There are a lot of people on this forum I'd like to play with more/at all. Damn this Hawaiian timezone.

On a totally unrelated note, I'm planning to make some more Youtube content this weekend. I'm getting the itch. I kinda want to do a gameplay review. If anyone would like me to use their gameplay, quote this post and lets set up a time this weekend where I can stalk spectate you for a few games. I have examples of my gameplay reviews in the link in my signature. I'm proud of them and I think I do a good job. Let me know if you're interested.

Ditto. I'll be trying out Multiteam the next few days so mr hawaii man should be on. Multiteam is bae.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've noticed that there are significantly more people with mics in Black Ops 3 than in Halo 5 or MCC.

Funnily enough, I just released my video on this exact subject.

That's because the chat system in Halo 5 is broken.

Can't hear people in your party until you search for games, which means everyone uses private chat, which means solo players are left without anyone to talk to, meaning they unplug their headsets.

It's a vicious cycle.

It may very well threaten the online population of the game since voice chat can encourage people to play more often.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ran Warzone last night with some Whiskey members. They're actually fully against farming now and if you're caught doing it, you'll be kicked from the company. The only downside was they were dragging games out to ten minutes to get the max XP/REQ point payout. 

Hopefully they modify payouts so you get more for ending games faster.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ran Warzone last night with some Whiskey members. They're actually fully against farming now and if you're caught doing it, you'll be kicked from the company. The only downside was they were dragging games out to ten minutes to get the max XP/REQ point payout. 

That's interesting to hear, however I don't believe it should be on the player to not take advantage of the game's mechanics like that. It should be 343i's responsibility to ensure the game plays the way it's supposed to.

On another note, I got my refund Moa! :D All packs too!

That's interesting to hear, however I don't believe it should be on the player to not take advantage of the game's mechanics like that. It should be 343i's responsibility to ensure the game plays the way it's supposed to.

On another note, I got my refund Moa! :D All packs too!

Yeah. I've always assumed for a long time that Whiskey was still farming. It sucks that they're encouraged to do the whole ten-minute thing but I really can't blame them. Most games bar a few, we were capturing a third base to core them as the timer hit 10 minutes. 

Same re: packs. Two money refunds are processing and I got 240k points back. Some people got a lot more REQ points than they actually spent inititally. Some guy on r/halo got 1,500,000 REQ points.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Mythik Nick, we need to play together more. You seem like my kinda guy and theres no doubt you're a complete Slay Train. Please get a mic. I would send one to you if I had to.

There are a lot of people on this forum I'd like to play with more/at all. Damn this Hawaiian timezone.

On a totally unrelated note, I'm planning to make some more Youtube content this weekend. I'm getting the itch. I kinda want to do a gameplay review. If anyone would like me to use their gameplay, quote this post and lets set up a time this weekend where I can stalk spectate you for a few games. I have examples of my gameplay reviews in the link in my signature. I'm proud of them and I think I do a good job. Let me know if you're interested.

Plz me I've been so focused on other games lately I am doodoo in this game again. I'm on my alt now though which is "zZunair". When I can find the OG maps for 8s/scrims I can let you know when I'll play.

If you feel a video would be better though reviewing someone else go for it.

Is it huge? I've encountered this one time. It's literally oy like 100 people that do it. So maybe 3 or 4 parties at a time.

"It doesn't happen to me that often so it must not happen to others either" Man I thought you hated those kinds of responses.Raven has encountered farmers a bunch. And I've encountered them as well before.

:wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:

"It doesn't happen to me that often so it must not happen to others either" Man I thought you hated those kinds of responses.Raven has encountered farmers a bunch. And I've encountered them as well before.

Ya, but he/she plays an ungodly amount of warzone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So nice to have the menu lag in Warzone fixed, such a great quality of life fix.

That said, my second game on the new update and I've already hit the Retrieving Data post game carnage bug. Thousands of games with successful post game carnage reports in past Halo games made me take it for granted, so thank you 343 for again helping me better appreciate the reliability of the older games. 

Ya, but he/she plays an ungodly amount of warzone.

Exactly. And the people who play Warzone do typically play it a lot. Its the casual mode of the game.

Ya, but she plays an ungodly amount of warzone.

And your point is? I, and others still encounter it, and it's just as off-putting and frustrating every time it happens.

Finally got to play the valhalla remake after 50+ games of btb. I feel like I should have spray painted my mouth silver haha. But holy shit that is a spot on remake!

• Upvote (+1) 1

It shouldn't matter if farming is common or not, it's still a major issue.

Should we ignore something that resets your ranks if it only happens to 1% of the population? Nope, we should probably fix that.

Is it huge? I've encountered this one time. It's literally oy like 100 people that do it. So maybe 3 or 4 parties at a time.

agree, I've played ~900 games of Warzone and have never been spawn trapped by one of those companies

It's fine, bruh. No problems, whatsoever. :kappa:

I guess if XXX OG Vapelord XXX hasn't had a problem with warzone farming, it isn't a problem :P

• Upvote (+1) 1

Should we ignore something that resets your ranks if it only happens to 1% of the population? Nope, we should probably fix that.

Now if we followed this logic with a lot of other things...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Now if we followed this logic with a lot of other things...

Easy now.

But fixing an issue like that would have no negative side effects.

If they started banning those people then their experience is ruined.

by fixing the maps, everyone is negatively effected. We saw this last month when 25% of the maps were removed from the playlist rotation. It could be argued that that negatively effected more people than the actual stat padding.

But fixing an issue like that would have no negative side effects.

If they started banning those people then their experience is ruined.

by fixing the maps, everyone is negatively effected. We saw this last month when 25% of the maps were removed from the playlist rotation. It could be argued that that negatively effected more people than the actual stat padding.

All I'm asking for is less incentive to farm. Stop with the stupid commendations which awarded Achilles, get rid of the whole ten minutes = max XP/REQ points - make it reward you for ending games fast.

I don't see how fixing maps will ruin anyone's experience, though - you'll need to explain that one to me.

As for banning people who farm - I don't think that's a good solution, a short-term and temporary one, sure but I'd much rather they fixed the above.

Also, Urban being removed for a short time was nothing but good. The map was awful to begin with for the attackers and allowed for an easy spawn trap. I don't know how the new spawns are in the latest update but I assume they're good enough if it is back in rotation. I still think by design it is a terribly designed map. The attackers will always be easily spawn killed.

"I personally have never run into problems with MCC"

Remember THAT argument?

"Oh, that's strange, I'm not having any of those problems."

"My game is working just fine."

Oooooh this used to piss me off so much lol. Like dude we didn't get two different copies of the game. Especially the reproducible bugs where I can literally take you into a game and SHOW you the issue.  

• Upvote (+1) 1