CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

That looks like it would be better suited for Infection.

It's my 1v1 map.  Those pictures are old too, about 2 weeks back.  The map is actually done now.

You're not answering my question. Why is 343 unusually inept when it comes to releasing non-buggy software, releasing it on time and whole.

To be fair, Halo 4 was packed with content, and Halo: MCC was packed with content. Granted, Halo 4 was flawed, gameplay wise, and MCC was broken, but they're far from inept  in terms of content. And that can't be denied. And trying to pin 343i as somehow technically inept in terms of releasing buggy software is kinda unfair. Bethesda and many other devs release buggy software as well. It happens when you build complex and grand scale games. In the same breath, while I don't justify MCC's state, it was partially understandable, due to how utterly ambitious it was.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 9

GREY

GREY

GREY

Looks like Forge. Grey everywhere. Proved my point.

(It's good for a Forge map, don't get me wrong, but it's still Forge)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

You would think 343 would fix this huge glaring issue. Like this is their huge new gametype that should be making them tons of money from REQs. You would think they would go out of their way to fix it so that they don't drive people away from it.

Well, in that breath, the only way I'd truly see an end being put to farming, is if 343i handed out punishments for it, which I'm not opposed to, in the least. But then there'd be the outcry of "Oh, you're stifling people's playstyles, how DARE you limit us in this way.", when the tactic is still insanely toxic and will inevitably kill the game's  population. It's frustrating as hell, you know? And it's worse that people try to justify an ultimately self-destructive tactic.

It's my 1v1 map.  Those pictures are old too, about 2 weeks back.  The map is actually done now.

not gonna lie those pics made me want to get back into this game just for forge, that map just looked really well made.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Looks like Forge. Grey everywhere. Proved my point.

(It's good for a Forge map, don't get me wrong, but it's still Forge)

It's grey because I chose to color it grey. Not because it's the only option. Do you want it to be pink?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well, in that breath, the only way I'd truly see an end being put to farming, is if 343i handed out punishments for it, which I'm not opposed to, in the least. But then there'd be the outcry of "Oh, you're stifling people's playstyles, how DARE you limit us in this way.", when the tactic is still insanely toxic and will inevitably kill the game's  population. It's frustrating at hell, you know? And it's worse that people try to justify an ultimately self-destructive tactic.

Those people bitching are completely fine by me. If the game is ruined for them as it was ruined for me then I am completely fine with it.

It's grey because I chose to color it grey. Not because it's the only option. Do you want it to be pink?

Did you even read what I wrote?

I said I'm tired of playing Forge maps because they're 90% grey and you can always tell they're made in Forge.

You proceed to try to prove me wrong by showing me a picture of a map that is grey and made up of Forge assets.

I don't understand what you were trying to achieve.

Congrats, you made a map that looks cool.

It's still not a replacement for REAL maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

lol stream for 8 hours over 3 days and lose 9 followers. I see why most people give up on streaming unless your a pro

• Upvote (+1) 1

Those people bitching are completely fine by me. If the game is ruined for them as it was ruined for me then I am completely fine with it.

Oh, I know. I don't want to do it out of malice to them though. I just want to ENJOY the game without having to A.) Tryhard in a legitimate social zone and B.) Constantly have a team to cope with it. Can't stand the people who tell me to "team up" or face it. Can't just constantly team, and sometimes I want to play alone, but can't because it's just frustration. I could rant on for so long about it. XP

lol stream for 8 hours over 3 days and lose 9 followers. I see why most people give up on streaming unless your a pro

It takes more than just time dedicated to become a favored streamer. @@heytred is a very good example of what to do right with streams. Not saying that out of favoritism, either.

This seams pretty isolated to Halo streams, most other successful streamers just have good voice/personalities, not always the best players. Ducksauce for instance. 

To be fair, Halo 4 was packed with content, and Halo: MCC was packed with content. Granted, Halo 4 was flawed, gameplay wise, and MCC was broken, but they're far from inept  in terms of content. And that can't be denied. And trying to pin 343i as somehow technically inept in terms of releasing buggy software is kinda unfair. Bethesda and many other devs release buggy software as well. It happens when you build complex and grand scale games. In the same breath, while I don't justify MCC's state, it was partially understandable, due to how utterly ambitious it was.

How is "other people do it" an excuse for 343? Lol, Bethesda is garbage but is that the standard we should be setting?

Oh, I know. I don't want to do it out of malice to them though. I just want to ENJOY the game without having to A.) Tryhard in a legitimate social zone and B.) Constantly have a team to cope with it. Can't stand the people who tell me to "team up" or face it. Can't just constantly team, and sometimes I want to play alone, but can't because it's just frustration. I could rant on for so long about it. XP

It takes more than just time dedicated to become a favored streamer. @@heytred is a very good example of what to do right with streams. Not saying that out of favoritism, either.

Playing alone is my prefered way to play because I don't have to go out of my way to engage with people. And I feel like shit for leaving the game. So when I play games I go solo. So when I'm basically forced to go out of my way to find people to play with just to enjoy the game? I just wont play.

How is "other people do it" an excuse for 343? Lol, Bethesda is garbage but is that the standard we should be setting?

Bethesda definitly isn't garbage. The only terrible game that I can think of that they have made is Fallout 4. Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Fallout 3 were all amazingly fun games to play. Just super buggy.

Did you even read what I wrote?

I said I'm tired of playing Forge maps because they're 90% grey and you can always tell they're made in Forge.

You proceed to try to prove me wrong by showing me a picture of a map that is grey and made up of Forge assets.

I don't understand what you were trying to achieve.

Congrats, you made a map that looks cool.

It's still not a replacement for REAL maps.

Jesus fuck what is this whining about?

His map is aesthetically human. THATS WHY ITS GREY.

It could be pink, it could be purple, whatever. Holy fuck. Yes I agree the maps in Halo 5 are samey but jesus dude he's using an aesthetic style. Look at his other maps. All unique and different.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bethesda definitly isn't garbage. The only terrible game that I can think of that they have made is Fallout 4. Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Fallout 3 were all amazingly fun games to play. Just super buggy.

And they are incredibly broken games which they rely on mod support to fix. Their actual optimization and bug fixing is terrible and low quality.

I didn't say it was. He just said "343i in unusually inept with it", which is wrong, given it (glitches and the like) happen with many others.  Doesn't mean they're inept.

link?

I didn't say it was. He just said "343i in unusually inept with it", which is wrong, given it (glitches and the like) happen with many others.  Doesn't mean they're inept.

MCC and Halo 5 beg to differ lol

And anyways i took issue with your argument; "other people do it" isn't a good defense

• Upvote (+1) 1

Playing alone is my prefered way to play because I don't have to go out of my way to engage with people. And I feel like shit for leaving the game. So when I play games I go solo. So when I'm basically forced to go out of my way to find people to play with just to enjoy the game? I just wont play.

Oh, I know. I love playing alone, and while I play with teams, I hate being forced to do it. Totally get you there.

MCC and Halo 5 beg to differ lol

And anyways i took issue with your argument; "other people do it" isn't a good defense

Halo 5 isn't exactly busted. And again, the MCC, while not justifiable, is understandable at a base. That's just me. But I refuse to argue past this, given it'll just become the same circular crap based on some opinion on either side.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2