CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

12 Players on Regret no thanks

We used to do 12 players on Warlock in Halo 2 for multiflag and it was awesome.

Multiteam is *supposed* to be chaotic and ridiculous. 12 players on Regret sounds awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Every other previous Halo game that had maps play fine in both 2v2 and 4v4.

The amount of both 4v4 and 2v2 Lockout games I played in Halo 2 was unhealthy. We made Damnation work for 2v2 in Halo 1 and we didn't even have Forge.

Damnation was garbage for 4v4... on both ce and reach. Like worse than h3 pit/h2 lockout. Just stalemates after stalemate cause its impossible to move. 2v2 is what saved damnation from being the worst map on the disc other than chiron.
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Damnation was garbage for 4v4... on both ce and reach. Like worse than h3 pit/h2 lockout. Just stalemates after stalemate cause its impossible to move. 2v2 is what saved damnation from being the worst map on the disc other than chiron.

Stalemates are indicative of true competition, am I wrong? I understand where you're coming from, I think, but I would argue h2 Lockout and h3 Pit are among the most re-playable, fun 4v4 maps in the entire series.

Stalemates are indicative of true competition, am I wrong? I understand where you're coming from, I think, but I would argue h2 Lockout and h3 Pit are among the most re-playable, fun 4v4 maps in the entire series.

Not sure if sarcasm. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I saw the recent patch notes, but are there notes on the exact specifics of weapon changes and whatnot to different maps? and the reduction of autos, etc.?

I heard most maps have different weapon locations and spawns, so I would like to read up on all of the changes

Thank you guys

There's forge maps I could show you that look like dev maps honestly.

Please go ahead. I've seen some impressive Forge maps, but I'm yet to see a Forge map that isn't 100% obviously made in Forge within 5 seconds of playing it.

Forge isn't a replacement for REAL maps.

EVER.

@Bold, what do you mean by that?

I mean in previous Halo games all the small maps worked fine for 1v1, 2v2 and 4v4. For some reason Halo 5 requires it's own specially designed 2v2 maps? I call bullshit. The 4v4 maps would work fine if the weapons and power ups were placed appropriately for 2v2.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thats fair and a very good point.

The thing is I see a lot of issues with this game as is and because they pretty much all affect me in a bad way (to the point where the disc rarely touches the console) I don't like to scale things relative to eachother.

Radar in TA and HCS is a farce, never being able to get games in Arena sucks balls, there's no campaign scoring and theatre, and getting the armour I want is stifled because of an inflated RNG micro transaction system. Those are all different problems and to compare each relative to one another would be unfair; because it implies that some are more important and therefore others are less important.

Issues like this constantly segregate and split communities because they all think that the issue related to them is more important, and getting there voices heard is stifled by people who act like you act.

Team Beyond for the large majority think Automatics are too powerful and relevant, and that radar in HCS is completely fucked. The guys on reddit think that those issues are minuscule/nonexistent and therefore dismiss us, focusing on there own issues like lack of infection and social playlists which they constantly push with the coverage that they get. Neither reddit or TB have barely posted about how poor campaigns replayablilty is with scoring and theatre because it's just not in their scope.

My point is communities and people as themselves continually segregate from eachother by pushing for different things and disregarding others just because it doesn't affect then or they just don't think it's "a big deal", and this has caused people to not be on the same page and has turned 343's community interaction into a ring-around-the-rosie playdate with wherever there safe space happens to be (mostly reddit).

On a smaller scale when people on forums disagree with how important different things are and how to fix them, and struggle to come together to give all issues equal respect.

Realise "hey, the blinding lights on each map and the sniper rifle don't bother me, but they sure as hell bother a tb 303 and he has every right to humourosly bitch about them a lot", and "maybe spartan charge is the demonic cancer of the earth and it might not add any value to the gameplay".

I respect your opinion and of course I've played with you a fair bit. A lot people here like to dismiss you as 343's ex boy-toy, and that's unfair. The best you can do ia juat neg and move on and not be passively antagonistic *cough*Ryan*cough*.

When meanbean replies to every issue with 'wierd, i think it's fine/ I love it', it doesn't help us get anywhere. WE KNOW :kappa:. You can have whatever opinion you want, just express it with substance and try not to dismiss it, try to make posts like the one I'm quoting more often, and that goes for everyone on this forum.

Fuckkkk the armoriess.

Well reasoned. I completely agree. I wouldn't want 343s job when it comes to community interaction.

Please go ahead. I've seen some impressive Forge maps, but I'm yet to see a Forge map that isn't 100% obviously made in Forge within 5 seconds of playing it.

Forge isn't a replacement for REAL maps.

EVER.

I mean in previous Halo games all the small maps worked fine for 1v1, 2v2 and 4v4. For some reason Halo 5 requires it's own specially designed 2v2 maps? I call bullshit. The 4v4 maps would work fine if the weapons and power ups were placed appropriately for 2v2.

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr

• Upvote (+1) 7

I don't understand why they just didn't make the ping feature automatic when someone is no shields

You can use it for much more than just telling one when you need help. I mean, I already have a few simple "ping" tones that I plan to use, in game to assist my teammates, well, if they play with me. XP

You can use it for much more than just telling one when you need help. I mean, I already have a few simple "ping" tones that I plan to use, in game to assist my teammates, well, if they play with me. XP

Killmachine will be happy about that since he always bitches about you not talking.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Killmachine will be happy about that since he always bitches about you not talking.

Not just him. I get it a lot. :P  Least I can now have a small tool to assist in this.

Not just him. I get it a lot. :P  Least I can now have a small tool to assist in this.

Could be worse. Could be doing a high level WoW raid without any discussion.

So, I just played 15-20 games of arena and only got Torque once (Strongholds). I have to say I actually enjoyed myself. The dual snipers/top middle hole made the game type much more playable. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Could be worse. Could be doing a high level WoW raid without any discussion.

Lol.

In other news. I can't go into a damn game of Warzone without getting farmed or spawn-trapped now (Unless I'm in a team of spawn-killers, and fuck that (Edit: Eck)). Pretty goddamn unbelievable. 

I thought your sentiment was dumb and sensational. Seems I wasn't the only one - AND, turns out after seeing how the CE pistol affected the sandbox - it was a dumb and sensational sentiment.

lmao What are you talking about? First of all, my sentiment was exactly "if it was the real deal". I was never wrong about anything, I just ended up being disappointed - as usual - that the H5 CE pistol was a complete piece of shit. As in, NOT the real deal.

And my point was that you don't get to play bigger-man here. Not even close.

Generally I attempt to convey the idea that when a developer approaches an issue, they're going to try and not only solve the problem in a way that meets multiple goals, but minimizes the creation of other issues - all while maintaining their fundamental development goals such as quick and consistent releases.

In the example discussed recently, reusing of Warzone structures, you can simply look at the maps released clearly see attempts to balance all of these goals:

1) They've attempted to create diverse fighting spaces efficiently. (ex: Spire on Apex 7 (no garage/fortress), neutral Garage on A.R.C, and neutral Fortress on Stormbreak)

2) Still not enough diversity, Noctus and Urban are released - Garages for secondary bases with unique neutral Monument. Urban starts at a Garage, then moves to an elevated Armory with new and unique geo to make it differ from Noctus.

3) Darkstar releases with all new structures to compliment the existing ones, new fighting spaces created by unique layout when assaulting the core, adjusted fighting space around Garage, and the enclosed structures surrounding Endurance-of-Will and Warden spawns.

It makes it pretty obvious to me that they're shifting towards more diverse spaces to try and improve the situation and prevent stale gameplay instead of delaying content completely in order to create entirely new assets (which are likely in development).

You're not answering my question. Why is 343 unusually inept when it comes to releasing non-buggy software, releasing it on time and whole, and not having to resort to recycling shit or shopping the work out to the community? What about Halo 5 is THAT ambitious that they can use as a legitimate excuse?
  • Upvote (+1) 8

Not a bad way to play Tyrant for the first time....

grey-9ec2bf351832ab76111d604eba1b012f.gigrey-9ec2bf351832ab76111d604eba1b012f.gi

I like swat DMRs.  Good gametype. 

I would imagine Tyrant is a good map for swat (possibly haven like). How was it? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol.

In other news. I can't go into a damn game of Warzone without getting farmed or spawn-trapped now (Unless I'm in a team of spawn-killers, and fuck that). Pretty goddamn unbelievable. 

You would think 343 would fix this huge glaring issue. Like this is their huge new gametype that should be making them tons of money from REQs. You would think they would go out of their way to fix it so that they don't drive people away from it.