CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

If we speed up kill times then the game is cod and I dont wanna play COD I WANNA PLAY HALO

Forgot CE? Fastest perfect kill times in the series. .6 seconds for Magnum, 1.06 seconds for AR... 

If we speed up kill times then the game is cod and I dont wanna play COD I WANNA PLAY HALO

Forgot CE? Fastest perfect kill times in the series. .6 seconds for Magnum, 1.06 seconds for AR... 

We got a non-CE kid in the house. Get 'em!

• Upvote (+1) 2

is that 7 gigs to the previous 10? or just 7 gigs to the previous 3 gig preview betA? 

The preview was 10GB.

Is this just them adding the additional or are they already implementing tweaks? I would think it has to be the additional.

Well those 7 GB might replace existing code which would mean that the beta is still 10 GB.

I just hope having a patch this big means that the bloody thing will actually work. Preload for those of us who weren't in preview would also be nice.

My face atm is like that Obama "Not bad" face

10 gigs for MP and 7 maps was pretty reasonable. But an additional 7 gigs makes me wonder what it is.

How can I preload the beta like that though? Or did you have to be a preview member for that too? 

My face atm is like that Obama "Not bad" face

10 gigs for MP and 7 maps was pretty reasonable. But an additional 7 gigs makes me wonder what it is.

How can I preload the beta like that though? Or did you have to be a preview member for that too? 

You'll have to hope they let people download it through MCC before the 29th.

does anyone else just look at halo 5 and just despise the way it looks? Its like the bastard child of halo

Graphics wise it is easily the best in the series. It is beautiful at 720p, so it will look crazy at 1080p.

Is this just them adding the additional or are they already implementing tweaks? I would think it has to be the additional.

New maps, no doubt. It would be pointless to actually create a new build to fix issues on a game nobody will be playing by the end of next month.

does anyone else just look at halo 5 and just despise the way it looks? Its like the bastard child of halo

It doesn't take much to look better than Halo 4, so Halo 5 is at least a step up visually. Halo 2 A's campaign visuals are better optimized unlike Halo CEA's which were broken to an extent.

I do not agree with a lot of the visual-canon changes, if you left out the bullshit story of Chief's Mark VI, it would look better. If ranged weapons like the Sniper and Rocket Launcher didn't change I'd give it 4/5 in terms of graphics.

Why not just eliminate the problems altogether? Why continue talking about 343's obsession with sprint as something you wouldn't mind living with?

I don't mind living with the fact that sprint will be in H5 if that's what you mean. 

It's just ideas to try and make sprint work. It would be better if they just removed sprint and upped the base movement speed. But if sprint wasn't removed. Upping the base movement and decreasing the sprint speed could make sprint less of a problem. 

H3: Everything looks plastic!

Reach: Too gritty and realistic!

H4: Everything looks plastic!

H5: I just don't like it!

• Upvote (+1) 6

Un oh everybody, it's the be nice to 343i police!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 6

You just can't please some people... <_<

• Upvote (+1) 1

7.7GB update doesn't actually make the game bigger, in fact it made it smaller.

Game is now 10.26GB.

Wondering this myself... potential map geometry tweaks even? Game-mechanics?