CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Am I crazy or was multi team 8 people in h3 (2v2v2v2)?

The only multi team experience I remember in Halo 3 is playing 3v3v3v3 Oddball on Blackout. 

I still have nightmares. 

Yeeeeeeeep. First game on it was subject to it. It's REALLY aggravating.

Thats incredibly stupid. Why do people go out of their way to ruin the game for others?

Which is cool, I guess. Unfortunately it's just boiled down to you trying to use your experience as a trump card to bully people out of debates.

I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion. Look back at the whole conversation - you make a point, I provide examples how and why I may disagree. Generally that results in you disregarding all of it, not discussing any of those points, and then using my experience as invalidation of any of those points.

Thats incredibly stupid. Why do people go out of their way to ruin the game for others?

Dunno. But lots of people do it in Warzone. It's pretty damn off-putting.

If making Multi-Team 2v2v2v2 is what it takes to get Arena maps in there, I'll take it.

But people here want to play BTB with pistol starts so it looks like they got their wish :kappa:

I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion. Look back at the whole conversation - you make a point, I provide examples how and why I may disagree. Generally that results in you disregarding all of it, not discussing any of those points, and then using my experience as invalidation of any of those points.

This is pretty rich coming from someone who once responded to someone's genuine sentiment with, and I quote, "you're dumb". 

Regardless, all you seem to try to tell us is "video game developing is hard". Why is it especially difficult for 343? 

It's a rhetorical question, since we know where their development priorities are, but humor me.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Uh, ok. That's one way to look at it lol.

So why is it April now and we still have no 2v2 mode?

We have Grifball and Breakout FFS, but we don't have 2v2.

There is absolutely no way someone can tell me that Breakout is more popular than 2v2.

So why is it April now and we still have no 2v2 mode?

We have Grifball and Breakout FFS, but we don't have 2v2.

There is absolutely no way someone can tell me that Breakout is more popular than 2v2.

They're waiting for the 2v2 contest to be over so they can use those.

They're waiting for the 2v2 contest to be over so they can use those.

The hell?

It's been 5 MONTHS!!!

Just use Regret, Truth, etc.

I don't want to play on awful grey Forged maps.

Just move the weapons around, turn off radar.

Done.

It would literally take me a single day to make viable competitive 2v2 settings.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is pretty rich coming from someone who once responded to someone's genuine sentiment with, and I quote, "you're dumb". 

Regardless, all you seem to try to tell us is "video game developing is hard". Why is it especially difficult for 343? 

It's a rhetorical question, since we know where their development priorities are, but humor me.

I thought your sentiment was dumb and sensational. Seems I wasn't the only one - AND, turns out after seeing how the CE pistol affected the sandbox - it was a dumb and sensational sentiment.

Generally I attempt to convey the idea that when a developer approaches an issue, they're going to try and not only solve the problem in a way that meets multiple goals, but minimizes the creation of other issues - all while maintaining their fundamental development goals such as quick and consistent releases.

In the example discussed recently, reusing of Warzone structures, you can simply look at the maps released clearly see attempts to balance all of these goals:

1) They've attempted to create diverse fighting spaces efficiently. (ex: Spire on Apex 7 (no garage/fortress), neutral Garage on A.R.C, and neutral Fortress on Stormbreak)

2) Still not enough diversity, Noctus and Urban are released - Garages for secondary bases with unique neutral Monument. Urban starts at a Garage, then moves to an elevated Armory with new and unique geo to make it differ from Noctus.

3) Darkstar releases with all new structures to compliment the existing ones, new fighting spaces created by unique layout when assaulting the core, adjusted fighting space around Garage, and the enclosed structures surrounding Endurance-of-Will and Warden spawns.

It makes it pretty obvious to me that they're shifting towards more diverse spaces to try and improve the situation and prevent stale gameplay instead of delaying content completely in order to create entirely new assets (which are likely in development).

It's not 2010 anymore.

Dude, the Forged maps still look awful.

Look at the submissions and tell me that 90% of the maps aren't grey.

http://www.forgehub.com/threads/throwdown-submission-thread.149535/

There's no reason we can't use the maps already in the game. Truth would play fine for 2v2 as long as the power ups and weapons are placed appropriately. Hell, I could make Plaza play well for 2v2 with weapons and power ups on short timers.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There's no reason we can't use the maps already in the game. Truth would play fine for 2v2 as long as the power ups and weapons are placed appropriately. Hell, I could make Plaza play well for 2v2 with weapons and power ups on short timers.

Not really. We only just got an option to modify starting ammo in weapon pad weapons today. 

If a good doubles playlist is coming with these Forge maps, I'd wait for it than trying to turn some 4v4 maps into 2v2 maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The hell?

It's been 5 MONTHS!!!

Just use Regret, Truth, etc.

I don't want to play on awful grey Forged maps.

Just move the weapons around, turn off radar.

Done.

It would literally take me a single day to make viable competitive 2v2 settings.

The forge maps in Halo 5 are definitely not grey. Forgers have gotten amazing at forging and are doing extremely well. You most like won't run into grey.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The forge maps in Halo 5 are definitely not grey. Forgers have gotten amazing at forging and are doing extremely well. You most like won't run into grey.

The evidence doesn't agree with you:

www.forgehub.com/threads/throwdown-submission-thread.149535/

Not really. We only just got an option to modify starting ammo in weapon pad weapons today. 

If a good doubles playlist is coming with these Forge maps, I'd wait for it than trying to turn some 4v4 maps into 2v2 maps.

Every other previous Halo game that had maps play fine in both 2v2 and 4v4.

The amount of both 4v4 and 2v2 Lockout games I played in Halo 2 was unhealthy. We made Damnation work for 2v2 in Halo 1 and we didn't even have Forge.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I swear, every time they patch the ranking system, they should do a hard global reset and not a soft one...cuz the ranks are just a mess for me. 

Who thinks this stuff through? Is it just Quinn that made the decision? Did the Pro team have no input in these changes? How can you implement "test" map variants to the game globally and get rid of HCS standard maps that have been used for a whole season......

Who thinks this stuff through? Is it just Quinn that made the decision? Did the Pro team have no input in these changes? How can you implement "test" map variants to the game globally and get rid of HCS standard maps that have been used for a whole season......

It was a mistake. It's not like Quinn decided to press a button and fuck everyone over.

Nice...pictures on a map submissions thread started back inJANUARY and are screenshots of a WIP and are NOT their final form. You really think we are that stupid?

For all the players: INFECTION INFECTION INFECTION!

For all the forgers: GRASS GRASS GRASS! ;)

The evidence doesn't agree with you:

www.forgehub.com/threads/throwdown-submission-thread.149535/

Every other previous Halo game that had maps play fine in both 2v2 and 4v4.

The amount of both 4v4 and 2v2 Lockout games I played in Halo 2 was unhealthy. We made Damnation work for 2v2 in Halo 1 and we didn't even have Forge.

You're looking at first page early shitty submissions. The 10 maps in the play list all look extremely unique and thematic. Once again, this isn't 2010. There's forge maps I could show you that look like dev maps honestly.

Also. Reusing the armory and garage in warzone is pathetic and lazy, end of discussion. Every warzone weapon variant is just something taken from elsewhere in the game and reused. The new tank and mantis are just guass canons. The new supressor is just the needler effect. The voids tear is the Wardens attack. The arena maps, warzone maps and weapons are all just recycled assets. And this game still has dick bumpmiss for content.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1