CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I didn't know he negged you BUT, he hardly talks. But you may actually be wrong. And honestly most people here do seem to have a vendetta against 343. 

Rightly so.

I could have sworn multi team was normally played on the normal maps not BTB maps, not as fun having people on vehicles all game imo.

BTB maps...?

...Dafuq they do that for?

I expect to see this lit up every night

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr

Yeah, that's not how it works.

They'll only show online if they're actually on your friends list.

Then what's the point of it? Seems like a waste

that's clearly what's going on

the whole industry does it, the only people who lose are the consumers 

Rocket League shows you how many people are online and how many are in a particular playlist.   Jus sayin. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

If he's saying that by obscuring information from the game-playing public it will prevent their opinions from being further swayed by the metrics and avoid bad publicity...that is a nefarious plot to mask what's going on.

Welcome to the business world. This is not an exclusive practice of Microsoft. Several companies do this when they are not market leaders, since consistently announcing lower sales then the competitor creates a bad mindshare among consumers, even if the product is superior to the competition. On the other hand, when the company is a market leader, they usually always announce the numbers whenever possible for obvious reasons.

What I think he meant is that the data that Microsoft currently provides to shareholders is more relevant to them than the raw sales numbers. But yes, they could provide both if they wanted. They don't because they are not the market leaders in this generation. It doesn't necessarily mean that the Xbox One is not selling well or is a failure. In fact, as far as I know, the One sales are higher than the 360's in the same time frame and probably more than the original Xbox sold during its entire lifetime. The problem is that PS4 is a beast and unstoppable, largely due to the disastrous launch of Xbox One and the bad mindshare that even today they are still trying to reverse.

Rocket League shows you how many people are online and how many are in a particular playlist. Jus sayin.

Man wouldn't a delete comment thing help.

• Downvote (-1) 4

Welcome to the business world. This is not an exclusive practice of Microsoft. Several companies do this when they are not market leaders, since consistently announcing lower sales then the competitor creates a bad mindshare among consumers, even if the product is superior to the competition. On the other hand, when the company is a market leader, they usually always announce the numbers whenever possible for obvious reasons.

What I think he meant is that the data that Microsoft currently provides to shareholders is more relevant to them than the raw sales numbers. But yes, they could provide both if they wanted. They don't because they are not the market leaders in this generation. It doesn't necessarily mean that the Xbox One is not selling well or is a failure. In fact, as far as I know, the One sales are higher than the 360's in the same time frame and probably more than the original Xbox sold during its entire lifetime. The problem is that PS4 is a beast and unstoppable, largely due to the disastrous launch of Xbox One and the bad mindshare that even today they are still trying to reverse.

I certainly understand, it was just strange what @@Lazerbeard was saying and I think clarification is needed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still blame the overly aggressive push to digital they had during E3.   So many people were worried about having to buy digital games and the always on policy.   It totally gave sony the upper hand and as you say, a better "mindshare."    

This Sony reaction video still makes me laugh.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I expect to see this lit up every night

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr

Just saw this. Pretty happy this was added. Kind of reminds me of H2 Clans.

Just so you know I do agree that we need population counters and that Microsoft should be way more open about their sales with us. I would love to know what playlists have the most people playing on an hourly moment instead of having to rely up 343 to give us such info. Which might not even be true info.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just so you know I do agree that we need population counters and that Microsoft should be way more open about their sales with us. I would love to know what playlists have the most people playing on an hourly moment instead of having to rely up 343 to give us such info. Which might not even be true info.

Under that logic, why would any of you believe the numbers that show on the population counter?

Under that logic, why would any of you believe the numbers that show on the population counter?

Personally I don't always do because its not always perfect. I definitely don't believe Halo 3s population counters. But they usually give a rough estimate.

And what I mean by don't trust is the fact that they don't have to give us the most recent population numbers. They could give us some from December and say that Breakout is the most popular playlist.

That's....disappointing...

I love the feature though. I love recognizing the multitude of names I see on Beyond in-game. It definitely increases the feeling of community here. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really wish we could get a permanent Doubles playlist, with Community forge maps and some of the other maps set up for doubles.

• Upvote (+1) 1