CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I would say that they are making the switch to PC cause it has more money.

But my opinion doesn't matter cause I'm not a pessimistic hater that dishes Xbox and 343 every chance I can get so what do I know.

it's both reasons

I'm not a pessimistic hater that dishes Xbox and 343 every chance I can get so what do I know.

neither am i, it's called being realistic 

• Upvote (+1) 2

it's both reasons

neither am i, it's called being realistic

Yes and the realistic answer is that the One was selling better than the 360s initial sales. And if the trend is currently still going then the sales are most likely not too bad. The One is in a much better light than it used to be. It's all up in the air if the Xbox is doing well but I personally believe it is.

Curious if anyone knows why Orion was completely scrapped from game but Pegasus (imo a worse map) stayed while new maps like Torque and Riptide (WAY worse) were added? Orion had glaring problems but moving weapons around and not having sniper in a death trap would definitely make the map play better. It wasn't perfect, but it's better than multiple other maps that are still common in arena.

numbers =/= feels

if the xbox one was doing well wouldn't microsoft release the sales numbers?

there's a reason why they don't

and of course it's outselling 360 at this stage

1. there were estimates that over 50% of early model 360's were defective

2. more people buy games now than did 10+ years ago

There are a lot of companies that don't release numbers. Do we even know how well Destiny sold? All we know is that it sold incredibly well.

I placed into diamond 3 after my placements is that normal

Yes. It's actually a lot harder to place higher initially now, so good job.

They've made it a "grinding" system not a ranking system. People should be able to initially place as high as possible if they are truly amazing. If the initial ranking worked correctly this would happen.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yes I can tell. Got diamond when the game dropped. Now I'm gold dammit.

They've made it a "grinding" system not a ranking system. People should be able to initially place as high as possible if they are truly amazing. If the initial ranking worked correctly this would happen.

Wasn't 1-50 basically a grinding system as well?

There are a lot of companies that don't release numbers. Do we even know how well Destiny sold? All we know is that it sold incredibly well.

lots of companies do it because it's a strategy to mask statistics

they won't tell you how many individual copies of H5 sold but they will tell you "halo 5 is the best halo launch of all time (including xbox consoles btw, because that makes sense somehow)"

destiny does it because they don't want people knowing how many people bought more expensive special editions retaliative to normal copies

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wasn't 1-50 basically a grinding system as well?

You could say this but you couldn't be bad and hit 50 legitimately. This system it is superbly easy to play a shit ton and go champion except Team Arena. The best players had 50s for certain as well. Definitely some onyx players out there in this game who are way better than many champions they just don't play enough.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey Moa

Starting energy and clips can now be adjusted for weapons on weapon pads

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

Players can now “ping” their location in a game when alive to alert teammates by pressing UP on the d-pad in Warzone or Arena

Neat.

Some notable inclusions of the update that we didn't know of prior:

• Spartan Company members will now appear in the Active Roster
  • April 14 – 18: Warzone Firefight Beta playlist goes live.
  • Daily Win Bonus Packs can now unlock the most up-to-date single-use REQs, including those from Ghost of Meridian
  • Mantis armor has been increased
  • Fixed server crashes surrounding picking up powerups
  • Fixed a bug that made picking up powerups impossible
  • Slightly reduced bloom for the Halo: CE Pistol
  • Upvote (+1) 1

You could say this but you couldn't be bad and hit 50 legitimately. This system it is superbly easy to play a shit ton and go champion except Team Arena. The best players had 50s for certain as well. Definitely some onyx players out there in this game who are way better than many champions they just don't play enough.

This is just straight up not true, you have to be damn good at this game to be champion.

• Upvote (+1) 2