CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

It's all well and good that you enjoy h5 but the way you discredit the issues anyone has with the game is just ridiculous. You're like the Ying to Brad pitt's yang.

Halo 5 has issues, no doubt, they just aren't the petty things you like to complain about such as reused Warzone bases. I also don't make up shit about numbers and popularity lists, then slap labels on folks that disagree with me.

EDIT: Update will likely go live around 12 p.m. EST.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

You're like, twelve hours late.

Your like twelve right? But no I wasn't watching the stream cause I was tired so I went to bed early. But fuck yea. Destinys April update can tide me over until MoR drops.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone tell me if multi-team goes live today? Or when that will come around? I saw Moa post it from the API but I actually really want to play that lol.

Still no Doubles. And people want me to Thank 343 for "free" monthly updates? LOL

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Still no Doubles. And people want me to Thank 343 for "free" monthly updates? LOL

Soon

No but like seriously soon. 2v2 Forge contest on Forgehub and whatnot just took place. 

Halo 5 has issues, no doubt, they just aren't the petty things you like to complain about such as reused Warzone bases. I also don't make up shit about numbers and popularity lists, then slap labels on folks that disagree with me.

EDIT: Update will likely go live around 12 p.m. EST.

how is that petty? lmao

white_knight. jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

Can someone tell me if multi-team goes live today? Or when that will come around? I saw Moa post it from the API but I actually really want to play that lol.

The API just has the playlists listed. No ETA on when they'll come out is included. Could be today but there are other social playlists such as Strongholds and SWAT that are listed but we haven't seen yet.

how is that petty? lmao

white_knight. jpg

Mainly because people act like there's literally no diversity in regards to the Warzone bases (see: Two Midship bases with different stuff in between analogy) when that is clearly not the case. Secondly, it's obvious by looking at Darkstar from the stream yesterday that 343 has put effort into changing up the overall play space surrounding these structures to help mitigate the issue and firmly believe even more drastic changes will take place in the future.

So I would definitely say misrepresenting something like that then complaining about it is petty.

If it makes you feel any better...the way Halo 5's ELO system is set up...you lose/gain the same CSR no matter who you face. Oh wait, that's not an ELO system.

This is not true. Get your facts right.

The API just has the playlists listed. No ETA on when they'll come out is included. Could be today but there are other social playlists such as Strongholds and SWAT that are listed but we haven't seen yet.

Gotcha. Thank ya sir!

and yet I think it's the most fun I've had with Halo since Halo 2 so I don't give a fuck what metacritic says. I like what 343 is doing with the game, how they interact with the community, and are willing to listen to it. I don't need some fuck wad who reviews 50+ games a year to tell me how I should feel about a title.

Not to mention... this list, by which you base all your "popularity" claims... doesn't even provide metrics to clarify how they calculate the "Most Popular".

pgiBGpL.jpg

I don't get how people shit on all the "popular" titles like Call of Duty and Destiny, shit on all the people that play them, then base Halo's value on how many of those people are playing it.

halo 5 is the 5th "most popular" FPS on a loser console

any way you slice it that's not good 

we as competitive players care about total player population, what's good for the goose is good for the gander

i'm glad you enjoy h5 though, it's a decent game

Mainly because people act like there's literally no diversity in regards to the Warzone bases (see: Two Midship bases with different stuff in between analogy) when that is clearly not the case. Secondly, it's obvious by looking at Darkstar from the stream yesterday that 343 has put effort into changing up the overall play space surrounding these structures to help mitigate the issue and firmly believe even more drastic changes will take place in the future.

So I would definitely say misrepresenting something like that then complaining about it is petty.

soonTM

everyone's wrong and you're right, got it

i'll show myself out

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yes, that's all we complain about. Warzone bases and population. I'm glad you get us.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

halo 5 is the 5th "most popular" FPS on a loser console

any way you slice it that's not good

we as competitive players care about total player population, what's good for the goose is good for the gander

i'm glad you enjoy h5 though, it's a decent game

soonTM

everyone's wrong and you're right, got it

i'll show myself out

Honestly calling the Xbox One a loser console is kinda overreacting. The OG Xbox had far less sales, and the original Halo even less. But we wouldn't say that either was a loser.

Yes, that's all we complain about. Warzone bases and population. I'm glad you get us.

I never said that - this is one conversation... don't take it out of context. I'm literally just referring to the things Cooper has brought up in this ongoing conversation.

Honestly calling the Xbox One a loser console is kinda overreacting. The OG Xbox had far less sales, and the original Halo even less. But we wouldn't say that either was a loser.

Are you really comparing the Xbox One to a console that came out in the middle of a generation with zero brand recognition? I hope not because that would be very silly.

I never said that - this is one conversation... don't take it out of context. I'm literally just referring to the things Cooper has brought up in this ongoing conversation.

I read your post wrong, sorry about that.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Offtopic

Bethesda has announced the Doom open beta will begin on April 15 and run until April 18.

Players on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC will be able to download and get a taste of the upcoming shooter's Team Deathmatch and Warpath modes on the Heatwave and Infernal Maps.

"These maps and modes are just a fraction of what players will experience when the game launches May 13," the publisher said in a statement.

"Support for DOOM doesn’t end when the game is out. For the rest of the year, we expect to provide certain free content updates across SnapMap and multiplayer."

Along with free content, Doom will haves three premium multiplayer DLC packs following its launch. These will include "a number of new maps, hack modules, playable demons, weapons, and more." Each DLC pack will cost $14.99/£11.99/€14.99. A season pass will also be available for $39.99/£29.99/€39.99.

The first premium DLC pack are as follows:

• Three new maps
  • One new weapon
  • One new playable demon
  • One new armour set
  • One new piece of equipment
  • New hack modules and taunts
  • New customization colours and patterns

As mentioned above, Doom is slated for a May 13 release date. Developer id Software held a competition allowing fans to vote for a reverse sleeve cover design--check out the winning art design here. The developer also detailed the game's multiplayer modes and maps.

Why Bethesda, why? Maps behind a season pass ?

CoD has a big enough player base to do something like this. Doom? I don't think so...

Are you really comparing the Xbox One to a console that came out in the middle of a generation with zero brand recognition? I hope not because that would be very silly.

I read your post wrong, sorry about that.

Alright.

Compared to what the 360 had going for it the One isn't selling that poorly.

Is that better?

Halo 5 has issues, no doubt, they just aren't the petty things you like to complain about such as reused Warzone bases.

That's like, your opinion. Guy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Alright.

Compared to what the 360 had going for it the One isn't selling that poorly.

Is that better?

Yes, it is actually. Thanks for making a comparison that makes at a little sense.

I will hump someone's leg at 343 for a ranked Arena playlist with party restrictions. Just one playlist is all I'm asking for. The skill restrictions have been loosened quite a bit to accommodate it; the quality of matches would be probably 100x more enjoyable. I will literally bet my Xbox One on it.

the xbox one is selling so well microsoft stopped reporting individual units sold! :kappa:

i love xbox, but it's a loser console this gen and it's a loser brand in the console market (outside of the 360)

that's why they are making the transition to PC

I would say that they are making the switch to PC cause it has more money.

But my opinion doesn't matter cause I'm not a pessimistic hater that dishes Xbox and 343 every chance I can get so what do I know.

I will hump someone's leg at 343 for a ranked Arena playlist with party restrictions. Just one playlist is all I'm asking for. The skill restrictions have been loosened quite a bit to accommodate it; the quality of matches would be probably 100x more enjoyable. I will literally bet my Xbox One on it.

I don't know, man. I think I would miss playing with borderline incompetent randoms against teams who play with each other regularly.  :ghost:

Yes, it is actually. Thanks for making a comparison that makes at a little sense.

Ah well. Making sense isn't what I strive for. I personally don't like to argue. (way too lazy) so I'll typically give up like halfway through a debate. Anyhow the best selling Halo doesn't mean it's the best Halo game