CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yeah, from yard. The only way I have managed to do it is by jump, stabilize, and go crazy with crouch. Doesn't feel or look right to me.

Crouch jump and stabilize around where the smg spawns. At the worst you could jump on top of the circle thing around the tree and jump thrust up to te ledge.

Always reminds me of CoD Ghosts. And scratching the reflective coating from your visor is the most ludicrously impractical thing for a Spartan to do.

Reminds me more of Ghost from MW2. And I KNOOOOOW. I found it to be so dumb, lore wise. In other news, the Grenadier armor we get in this update is asymmetrical, which "slightly" bothers me (I love Jorge's set, but also LOVE Grenadier as a sole whole). Helmet's badass, though.

Reminds me more of Ghost from MW2. And I KNOOOOOW. I found it to be so dumb, lore wise. In other news, the Grenadier armor we get in this update is asymmetrical, which "slightly" bothers me (I love Jorge's set, but also LOVE Grenadier as a sole whole). Helmet's badass, though.

Wait what? Grenadier?

Send pics pls i dont remember this being shown

How have I blamed anyone in the community for this?

I love how you act like you KNOW exactly what was done and why.

It doesn't matter what was done and why. If the end result is poor then the decisions that were made were the wrong ones.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's almost as if you worked at 343 and have an idea of what's going on there.

Let's be honest here guys. A lot of us here don't give a shit about the truth unless it's what we want to hear and it's extremely obvious that it's painful and pretty cringey to read. But continue to leave your tinfoil hats on and thing "But that's what he wants us to think" every time Heytred speaks

Where do you people work? In candy land? Where I work if you deliver a subpar product or result people don't give two shots about what may have caused it. They say get your shit together or we'l find someone else.

It's not that there is any kind of tinfoil hat theories. It's just that the reasons literally don't matter. I don't care why the maps reuse assets. It's just unacceptable.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Where do you people work? In candy land? Where I work if you deliver a subpar product or result people don't give two shots about what may have caused it. They say get your shit together or we'l find someone else.

It's not that there is any kind of tinfoil hat theories. It's just that the reasons literally don't matter. I don't care why the maps reuse assets. It's just unacceptable.

Whats wrong with re-using assets? That is NOT the problem.

The problem is they are unable to use those asses to make maps that flow well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whats wrong with re-using assets? That is NOT the problem.

The problem is they are unable to use those asses to make maps that flow well.

They also generally tweak those assets so there aren't entire playspaces creating deja-vu gameplay moments.

So if you need a grav lift, you re-use one from another map so you don't have to build one from scratch. Awesome. But that practice shouldn't be scaled up to the size of a base.

They also generally tweak those assets so there aren't entire playspaces creating deja-vu gameplay moments.

So if you need a grav lift, you re-use one from another map so you don't have to build one from scratch. Awesome. But that practice shouldn't be scaled up to the size of a base.

The scale is relative though. You're dealing with play spaces that are much more full and complex than just an empty arena for PvP play.

Luckily it's only the vocal minority that think reusing assets in such a manner actually results in a sub par product.

• Downvote (-1) 6

I don't care why the maps reuse assets. It's just unacceptable.

I mean, it doesn't impact the game in any way but artistically, which in the end, is subjective. I (personally) don't care if the maps re-use assets. Especially in the way a map like Plaza and Overgrowth do, how Coliseum and Tyrant do, or any remix for that matter, where the maps play entirely differently despite sharing visual similarities. So, I'm just curious; why's it so unacceptable to you?

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's not fun, but who cares right?

Fun don't matter. It's all about the illusion of fun and making search times lightning fast no matter the cost. We don't even have toggle options mannnnnnnnn how have we regressed so much?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Fun don't matter. It's all about the illusion of fun and making search times lightning fast no matter the cost. We don't even have toggle options mannnnnnnnn how have we regressed so much?

At least there's Halo 6 to look forward to. In 2-3 years.....................

Different companies have different ways of doing stuff? Basically the complaint here can be seen as "This map isn't purple."

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Luckily it's only the vocal minority that think reusing assets in such a manner actually results in a sub par product.

Ah yes, I'm quite fond of the delicate and clever use of pre-built constructions and rearranging them in just the right way to make maps like Overgrowth and Riptide. Oh, let's not forgot the completely reasonable weapon set they originally started with that they unfortunately had to change because of happy little messages in their feedback.

Simply amazing work. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Different companies have different ways of doing stuff? Basically the complaint here can be seen as "This map isn't purple."

"Negative Infinity, I don't like it."