CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I saw Jun's, Jorge's, Kat's, and Emile's helmet. People say they see Six's helmet but couldn't find it.

Wonder what kind of REQ's and variations are going to be like.

Me being a Reach kid I'm happy AF.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Excuse the fact that there are new structures on the map and additional geo to change how the battles for each of those bases flow. 

I get that you want new bases and I'm sure they'll come in the future, I just think you guys don't understand how much goes into making an asset like that, balancing it, having AI operate effectively inside of it, etc. 

Are those marines really worth having to play in the same spaces across all of Warzone though?

I get that there are technical limitations, I just find it perplexing that the team would paint themselves into a corner like that. The ability to construct new spaces for the mode should take higher precedence imo. If new features make building unique spaces too resource intensive, maybe that wasn't the optimal way forward? Hindsight is 20/20 I know, just my reaction.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are those marines really worth having to play in the same spaces across all of Warzone though?

I get that there are technical limitations, I just find it perplexing that the team would paint themselves into a corner like that. The ability to construct new spaces for the mode should take higher precedence imo. If new features make building unique spaces too resource intensive, maybe that wasn't the optimal way forward? Hindsight is 20/20 I know, just my reaction.

It's not just marines, but Promethean and Covenant AI. It's not that they've painted themselves in a corner, just simply that people expect them to also create, test, and implement these new assets while simultaneously doing everything else.

And at the end of the day, it comes to sensible resource allocation... release new Warzone maps and make best use of the resources at hand (and find new creative ways of making them feel different) or just delay maps altogether?

• Upvote (+1) 2

• Jun
  • Emile
  • Kat
  • Jorge

Considering Carter's armor is already in, all we're missing is Noble 6 (which always looked like Air Assault and ODST had a squished baby anyways, the least of my concerns).

EDIT: My bad @@Sitri I totally forgot about Decimator

Wonder why it took so long for infection to come. Maybe something different going on? new mechanics?

Over 5 months, hopefully something was added!

• Jun
  • Emile
  • Kat
  • Jorge

Considering Carter's armor is already in, all we're missing is Noble 6 (which always looked like Air Assault and ODST had a squished baby anyways, the least of my concerns).

I think Decimator is meant to be the Mark V analog.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not just marines, but Promethean and Covenant AI. It's not that they've painted themselves in a corner, just simply that people expect them to also create, test, and implement these new assets while simultaneously doing everything else.

And at the end of the day, it comes to sensible resource allocation... release new Warzone maps and make best use of the resources at hand (and find new creative ways of making them feel different) or just delay maps altogether?

If they need more resources, why not create more supply pads?

I am so sorry.

Emile's helmet is the best.

Overrated as hell, to me.

Decimator. 

Edit: Got ninja'd. Twice. Slow poster, am I.

These next couple of updates after GoM are going to be fuego. Amirite @@Infinity?

With infection coming out I can finally finish some stuff in forge. Hopefully people will enjoy it

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think people just expect that same from new Warzone maps as they do from new multiplayer maps in general. If something is getting in the way building new geometry, maybe priorities need to be adjusted. I'd personally rather have new bases to play in over the handful of AI that last for a minute within the game space before getting melted.

I understand that there are reasons, but that shouldn't stop us from recognizing that this constant re-use of assets is far from optimal. They put all this work into the assets required for a new map, and then put a ceiling on its potential by copy-pasting the same core structures that see the majority of the gameplay.

They couldn't forsee that using the same bases in every warzone map they ever create was going to be an issue?

That's pretty much the definition of painting yourself into a corner.

• Upvote (+1) 2