CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Stalemates are much more interesting imo. Much more exciting to see a team break it and get a few klls before the other team sorts it out, then to watch one team steam roll for 5 minutes.

Radar shouldn't be in comp Halo. There is no way to justify it.

More interesting to watch? Perhaps, it's definitely much easier to follow.  But playing a slow game isn't fun.  And at what point are we valuing how fun a game is to watch, over how fun it is to actually play.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Admittedly, I'm mostly speaking from my experience with FFA, and we all know the state THAT'S in. :wutface:

FFA is definitely where the worst parts of H5 really shine. A lot of that bullshit is mitigated by team shot and objective play in Arena. I've lost count of the number of times I've died in FFA for stubbornly keeping my Magnum out. So many of the maps almost seem designed to encourage storm rifle camping. Like the tree houses on Fathom (have the damned things spawn there, 343. Brilliant) or basically the entirety of Empire.

• Upvote (+1) 6

You must be going against really poor players if thats true. You can always see how the balance really is at high level gameplay, but I can tell how bad the pistol is and I dont even get higher than diamond.

I'm mid onyx in slayer, arena, and FFA. So definitely better than diamond players. Team shot and good movement and positioning Trump being out gunned by a weapon that has 0.4 faster kill time.

Team Slayer needs a powerup on every map. This seems obvious to me...

Ya it baffles me how they have less power ups on slayer maps than OBJ ones. Makes no sense. TS needs movement incentives evn more than OBJ does.

• Upvote (+1) 1

More interesting to watch? Perhaps, it's definitely much easier to follow.  But playing a slow game isn't fun.  And at what point are we valuing how fun a game is to watch, over how fun it is to actually play.

Slow games are fine to me. The less randomness the better, I hate chaotic gametypes like lonewolf.

I'm mid onyx in slayer, arena, and FFA. So definitely better than diamond players. Team shot and good movement and positioning Trump being out gunned by a weapon that has 0.4 faster kill time.

There is so much more to it than just kill times. So, so much more. No matter how you spin it, an advantageous weapon is an advantageous weapon. If the only precision weapon fights were pistol vs. pistol. And autos filled niche roles? The things you mentioned would dominate EVEN MORE. Don't you want that? Why lower the gap by having all these cheese weapons?

The autos lower the skill gap point blank period.

Ya it baffles me how they have less power ups on slayer maps than OBJ ones. Makes no sense. TS needs movement incentives evn more than OBJ does.

Nah 343 wants the meta to be corner camping with powerful autos.

Theres still way too much auto usage.

People always cite pro gameplay to show how the autos don't play a huge role. Watch some of the "young gun pros". Guys like Suspector spam the fuck out of storm rifles and get so many easy kills out it. I think a lot of the over pistol use by pros is simply them not adapting properly to the game. Which is why you see a lot of the old guard being overtaken.

Nah 343 wants the meta to be corner camping with powerful autos.

Eden TS pisses me off so much. Someone decided it was a good idea to remove Cano and OS from the Slayer variant. Why? Why? WHHHYYYyYY

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eden TS pisses me off so much. Someone decided it was a good idea to remove Cano and OS from the Slayer variant. Why? Why? WHHHYYYyYY

The same reason blue(?) team gets the godliness starting spawn (like most asym maps in this effing game). I hate Eden TS because the sniper is insane and it's the only map where at least 50% of the kills are power weapons, and maybe 2% are with the pistol. It's so slow that everyone has time to switch out weapons and the only time there are any real engagements is when rockets are coming up.

Also, "universal settings" seems like it would be more important to keep weapons on map the same no matter the gametype. Seems kinda weird that every gametype has a different weapon set.

Blue has the advantage on that map I guess but you can nade snipe off red plasma to top cat and it's doable as long as you have someone with LR

It's completely subjective as to whether or not slowing the gameplay down isn't fun. I'm sure a lot of people like that, and considering that Halo 5's gameplay is 80% hectic and 20% stalemates (spitballing, obviously) I hardly find that an issue.

Get you a game that can do both :emoji:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Josh said they tried to contact them around christmas when the breakout scandal happened, but they got deceived apparently.

Here's some of the quality feedback the pro team are giving apparently

CGgoNWUUQAAAaDR.jpg

@@Sal1ent is 343 really going to the next 4-6 years on Halo pretending to care about our feedback with us keep proving you don't? I mean there's nothing we can do about it so why not.

Man I hope Gears 4 is good, Coalition's been doing amazing so far under microsoft with similar conditions, even their staff be like wtf

https://twitter.com/Falloutt/status/669676749354090497

At least Rod is there. That dude was one of the main people from past gears games.

Unlike Frankie who is busboy and do nothing but drinking coffee.

Blue has the advantage on that map I guess but you can nade snipe off red plasma to top cat and it's doable as long as you have someone with LR

I'm honestly just surprised they don't spawn both teams on their respective bend and put the snipe somewhere else around tower. I was thinking about bottom tower/underneath catwalk and it would result in a situation much like trying to grab snipe on Construct but you'd really have to play to see how it worked out. Main problem would be that it might just be too hard to get down there.

Try to get better.

Yea because there is soooooooo much skill gap to be obtained.... 

pshhhh.  This game's skill gap is 95% team based. The game is boring solo.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I'm honestly just surprised they don't spawn both teams on their respective bend and put the snipe somewhere else around tower. I was thinking about bottom tower/underneath catwalk and it would result in a situation much like trying to grab snipe on Construct but you'd really have to play to see how it worked out. Main problem would be that it might just be too hard to get down there.

i think blue would have a distinct advantage by having top cat control. Red would have nest but LR can't see much of top cat unless it stabilizes above red yard which only works until he is shot once. Red maybe being able to grab snipe off spawn while blue gets Top cat but who cares about snipe if you just get killed grabbing it. Only access red has to top cat is red catwalk, tower and blue alley. Alley takes too long for a flank and tower is a much sucker position than having all of blue (though it is a start of a push)

Yea because there is soooooooo much skill gap to be obtained.... 

pshhhh.  This game's skill gap is 95% team based. The game is boring solo.

Find a team and get better?

Spartan’s Armory gave REQs incorrectly to some players with 100% visuals, and you were one of these. Expect a refund for your purchase in the same currency used to obtain the pack.

Never getting the 343 AR skin...pretty annoyed getting shafted by being good/high leveled in h5

• Upvote (+1) 1

Spartan’s Armory gave REQs incorrectly to some players with 100% visuals, and you were one of these. Expect a refund for your purchase in the same currency used to obtain the pack.

Never getting the 343 AR skin...pretty annoyed getting shafted by being good/high leveled in h5

Just got this message also. Hopefully ill be getting my req points back soon.

Riptide weapon placement needs to be addressed big time. Blue room and tunnel are just too easy to hold with just the hydra on the other side of the map.

Like someone mentioned earlier, we need to have powerups properly represented in Slayer for some maps. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eden should just not have a sniper. The sightlines are just way too long and open. Map needs an OS and Camo in slayer and something other than a sniper.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's one that's a bit safer and doesn't make it so that you can get shot so easily if they are camping the tunnel. Run out of armory on spawn then jump on that little barricade near the entrance and then stab-jump to g2.