CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

<<<<<<<<

join the movement

Talk about being so fucking cool

:chiefdancing:  :goat:  :chiefdancing:

It hurts to hear Snipedown say nice things about H4 like "i think it's the best shooter ever made" lol. I stopped watching it pretty fast lol 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If 343i wants immersive features why not distribute heavy narcotics like Ritalin or something?

Isn't that what dudebro's brag about these days?

Also Halo 4's maps crashed my Xbox day one no joke.

"I think ordinances are a step in the right direction for Halo 4"

"I would give this game a 10"

This is why I don't trust pros opinions. Just because they are good at the game, they are not magical human beings who will automatically know if a game is good or not.

And especially when they have a camera on them.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can you name one scenario that you'd prefer to have an Ar or Pr the Pistol in CE?

Sorry for the multiple posts guys, I'm on mobile and can't figure out how to multi quote.

mighr be late (on mobile as well and don't want to check multiple pages) but you would drop the pistol for AR or PR when you have camo. You'll see AR/Snipe combos and stuff like that esp when you have Camo. Not to mention the PR is hella nasty in CQC and AR has the widest Melee hitbox

It'll be interesting to see how Breakout works, the one where you get one life per round. Reminds me of Shadowrun :p

H5 is the first halo that my friends and I have no interest in buying. I just don't believe 343i when they say they want feedback. I think they just want data to make matchmaking run well and maybe make some minor tweaks. I think h5 is also going to be an utter disaster. I don't understand how people could forget halo 4 so quickly. The changes are so minor between 4 and 5..Except that you can additionally thrust on top of sprinting. None of it works in Halo and I'm happy I'm at the point where I just don't care about future Halos anymore. I don't think 343i has solid logic behind the core gameplay alterations they have made beyond trying to make more money through copying other and that's just not going to work out in halo because of the slow kill times. If slow kill times are changed, it really is just cod. With slow kill times though, it's just not fun with sprint. For the brave souls who think it's going to be fun...I guess good luck...history repeats itself and its going to again here. I'll play the beta a few games and confirm that it's going to be a cluster of unsatisfactory randomness and the back to hopefully a working mcc and maybe some other games that aren't dedicsted to capturing the biggest market possible under the veil of a "competitive shooter".

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The changes are so minor between 4 and 5..Except that you can additionally thrust on top of sprinting.

Descope, equal starts, static timers, way less aim assist, no grenade indicators, no ordnance, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"I think ordinances are a step in the right direction for Halo 4"

"I would give this game a 10"

This is why I don't trust pros opinions. Just because they are good at the game, they are not magical human beings who will automatically know if a game is good or not.

And especially when they have a camera on them.

I agree. People need to take the pro's opinions ( good or bad) with a grain of salt. A couple days ago when Ogre 2 was complaining on his first 2 ganes people were saying things like "Halo is dead, confirmed", "343i killed Halo #WeBack", etc without giving this game a chance.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H5 is the first halo that my friends and I have no interest in buying. I just don't believe 343i when they say they want feedback. I think they just want data to make matchmaking run well and maybe make some minor tweaks.  Then don't give your feed back, easy.

I think h5 is also going to be an utter disaster. Don't play it.

I don't understand how people could forget halo 4 so quickly. We haven't lol

The changes are so minor between 4 and 5..Except that you can additionally thrust on top of sprinting. None of it works in Halo and I'm happy I'm at the point where I just don't care about future Halos anymore. A lot of changes have been made, and hopefully, we'll get many more changes to the game. It is a step to the right direction and that's why we have to give our feedback.

I don't think 343i has solid logic behind the core gameplay alterations they have made beyond trying to make more money through copying other and that's just not going to work out in halo because of the slow kill times. If slow kill times are changed, it really is just cod. With slow kill times though, it's just not fun with sprint. For the brave souls who think it's going to be fun...I guess good luck...history repeats itself and its going to again here. All I read was "slow kill times", and I am not even going to bother with this. Some dudes say the kill times are too slow, others say it's too fast.

I'll play the beta a few games and confirm that it's going to be a cluster of unsatisfactory randomness and the back to hopefully a working mcc and maybe some other games that aren't dedicsted to capturing the biggest market possible under the veil of a "competitive shooter". Might as well not play it with that mentality of yours.

Read bold.

:chiefdancing:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Descope, equal starts, static timers, way less aim assist, no grenade indicators, no ordnance, etc.

Less aim assist is the only game changer in my opinion. Flinch is still in the game. Static times are nice. The others are just very marginal. If you want to think its going to be a good game based off of those things..go for it.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Read bold.

:chiefdancing:

Who says the kill times are too fast? You're right, thrusting and sprinting really help induce strong strategic gameplay. It's not like you ca. Get away with bad decisions or rush where ever you please because you have multiple get out of jail free cards. It's going to be guuuureat!

Everyone has an issue with everything because fuck 343!

That's it, that's our forum in 9 words.

• Upvote (+1) 6

So does anyone know the exact time when we'll be able to start downloading the beta? I honestly don't care about sprint/ads/spartan abilities anymore, I just wanna play a Halo game that works.

So does anyone know the exact time when we'll be able to start downloading the beta? I honestly don't care about sprint/ads/spartan abilities anymore, I just wanna play a Halo game that works.

Hold your breathe.... (about the working part)

Hold your breathe.... (about the working part)

If it works like the h3 beta did with crackdown I might throw my one out of the window if I have to restart it as much as MCC. I really don't feel like closing h5 -> launching mcc -> launching h5. If only this damn console could play two games at once like they advertised...